Joe Biden speaks out on Brexit – saying “we’ve just got to keep the border open”

Started by Dynamis, November 25, 2020, 07:53:40 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on November 26, 2020, 02:54:21 PM
Have to do some work !!
well on the Brightside, Joe is complaining already he has it hard, apparently somebody is spreading conspiracies about him and the US already, reading some of the mindless garbage I get lumbered with it is hardly surprising.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on November 26, 2020, 02:28:50 PM
From what I've heard he has form his whole life with those sort of gaff's. Being cruel it doesn't matter how long he lasts, he removed that clown. The UK should be happy, Biden will be much better for the UK than Trump ever would. Biden is no fool, he doesn't have to be a Clinton, he can do it his way.

Gerry you're not looking at the bigger picture.

OK I hate Trump. Fine. We both do.

But as a fellow anti-colonialist, look, did Trump actually invade any countries for example? Now look at the 'enlightened' Obama?

Trump made stupid pronouncements which were kargely ignored.. big deal.

"Letting" China, The UK has let China invest billions in the UK, China oil company CNOOC accounts for 25% of UK north sea oil production and 10% of the UK energy production,China is building Nuclear power plant in Bradwell with sizeable shares in others. China is building the largest battery manufacturing plant in the UK (not Dyson!) 10% of Heathrow, 30% of South Western Railway, 9% of Thames water is owned by a Chinese company and the London electric company producing blac cabs is owed by a China company which also has a majority stake in Lotus. The UK sold British steel to a china company for 50m.

Yeah look at the state of our country mate. We are being kicked around by Tories and successive labour govts selling off ALL the family silver. You think it's OK to let the Chinese run nyclear plants here? Are you really serious?

And all of that is the fault of who, China, USA, the EU... who else is to blame ?

We need to decouple, we need to be as self-sufficient as possible. Obviously I want the EU bloc to be reliant on itself, but we can't be part of that. It's all of our govt's faults..

Why do you want us to be reliant on the yanks or the Chinese?

China owns about 1.2T of USA debt and Japan is nearly the same which accounts for 10% of all USA debt. I worked for a very large USA multinational at one point and about 10yrs ago the amount of money they were spending to get INTO China was off the scale, it was seen as a massive  market to exploit.

You miss the point, we are sinking while China is rising, look at GDP figures if you don't believe me right now.

They are committing IP theft on a huge scale and are slowly strangling our economies, creating more reliance on them.

I want us to decouple from anyone other than each other - solid trustworthy allies only, who can be depended on. No Saudi's, no Chinese, no Russians, no yanks. I like yanks and Russians and Chinese people but I want us to extricate ourselves from them all.

We should be as self sufficient as we can be - the whole of EU bloc Europe.

I don't think you get global trade.

I get it only too well, the big players screw smaller countries, tdeals like TTIP would've destroyed all our economies. You're talking nonsense that I don't 'get' free trade..

QuoteThe big players USA, China, EU are global. If you want China to stop "infecting" the west then talk to the UK govt and ask them to stop giving so much business and permission to build factories and create wealth and Jobs in the UK.

I don't approve of what our govt does or our China policy.

It's not about China, it's about ANYONE except ourselves - we can only trust each other. I trust the EU over all other blocs and would rather decouple from.everyone else, I believe this is possible over time. Take energy, the EU green energy initiatives should guarantee sufficiency - no more Russian/Azeri/Ukrainian energy. We don't want to rely on fickle regimes be they yank or Chinese.. what part don't you get?

Mindless garbage is all Biden really has mostly, but they now appear to be spreading conspiritard theories about how China has been hard done by which is complete inane brainless drivel which they're lumbered with btw..

Suggested reading:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/07/why-china-wants-donald-trump-win/613864/
+++

Sheepy

Sheepy

Barry

† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Dynamis on November 26, 2020, 06:50:05 AMHe is mentally so unstable he said "George" instead of Trump during a press briefing, he isn't really mentally all there, he's a bit of an 'eejit' to put it bluntly and you think he's comparable to Clinton? A second or turd cake sounds about roite..
From what I've heard he has form his whole life with those sort of gaff's. Being cruel it doesn't matter how long he lasts, he removed that clown. The UK should be happy, Biden will be much better for the UK than Trump ever would. Biden is no fool, he doesn't have to be a Clinton, he can do it his way.

Quote from: Dynamis on November 26, 2020, 06:50:05 AMOf course you see it like that.
You also don't see him letting China run roughshod over the west as the pawn he is, which is why certain other posters like him so much, and he's not got the mental capacity to be prez. Sure, the administration runs most things anyway, effectively, but he is not going to 'help' matters as figurehead in his current state. And as a figurehead represents them as their pawn, meaning this is what they want..
It would be best if Kamala takes over in short order. Then we can avoid the bizarre psychadelic LSD trip stuff that Biden and certain other gullible sheep suffer from.. talking of which..
"Letting" China, The UK has let China invest billions in the UK, China oil company CNOOC accounts for 25% of UK north sea oil production and 10% of the UK energy production,China is building Nuclear power plant in Bradwell with sizeable shares in others. China is building the largest battery manufacturing plant in the UK (not Dyson!) 10% of Heathrow, 30% of South Western Railway, 9% of Thames water is owned by a Chinese company and the London electric company producing blac cabs is owed by a China company which also has a majority stake in Lotus. The UK sold British steel to a china company for 50m.
And all of that is the fault of who, China, USA, the EU... who else is to blame ?
China owns about 1.2T of USA debt and Japan is nearly the same which accounts for 10% of all USA debt. I worked for a very large USA multinational at one point and about 10yrs ago the amount of money they were spending to get INTO China was off the scale, it was seen as a massive  market to exploit.

I don't think you get global trade. The big players USA, China, EU are global. If you want China to stop "infecting" the west then talk to the UK govt and ask them to stop giving so much business and permission to build factories and create wealth and Jobs in the UK.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on November 26, 2020, 01:43:23 PM
Do you have a non paywall version, it's looking for a credit card to view on "trial".
No paywall here,anyone else seeing a paywall?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on November 26, 2020, 12:45:28 AM
Cave man times Gerry.....Ho bloody Ho,the Europeans weren't there then were they?

To date
https://qz.com/1273510/all-the-international-agreements-the-us-has-broken-before-the-iran-deal/
Do you have a non paywall version, it's looking for a credit card to view on "trial".

Nick

Quote from: Tbird on November 26, 2020, 03:10:59 AM
To be honest,  I would bet the "Irish Joe" may not even finished his first term. 

All thing considered, FTA between UK and US will take years of negotiations. So if I am BoJo, I may just ignore/pay token respect to Joe and just wait for his successor(s)

Not a bad call.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Sheepy