Joe Biden speaks out on Brexit – saying “we’ve just got to keep the border open”

Started by Dynamis, November 25, 2020, 07:53:40 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on November 25, 2020, 03:39:48 PM
I never said anything to the contrary. Yes Clinton was very influential. What I said is the USA were a party to the peace and Biden means to follow through on that. Lets face it Biden see's himself as Irish, he's got 60m people in the USA that call themselves Irish, he's also playing politics.

He is mentally so unstable he said "George" instead of Trump during a press briefing, he isn't really mentally all there, he's a bit of an 'eejit' to put it bluntly and you think he's comparable to Clinton? A second or turd cake sounds about roite..

QuoteLuckily Biden is not Trump and I see Biden as one to open up the USA to more FTA's, climate change, the UN, WTO. All the things that Trump looked to distroy. So if the NI issue is resolved then the door will be open for a USA/UK trade deal, moreso than when Trump was around. He would have ground the UK down, he was all "America First"

Of course you see it like that.

You also don't see him letting China run roughshod over the west as the pawn he is, which is why certain other posters like him so much, and he's not got the mental capacity to be prez. Sure, the administration runs most things anyway, effectively, but he is not going to 'help' matters as figurehead in his current state. And as a figurehead represents them as their pawn, meaning this is what they want..

It would be best if Kamala takes over in short order. Then we can avoid the bizarre psychadelic LSD trip stuff that Biden and certain other gullible sheep suffer from.. talking of which..
+++

Tbird

Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2020, 10:27:33 PM
Or he is making us think that's what he wants just in case Dig D decides his parting gift will be a Super Brexit deal?
We have to remember the age of this guy and what cerebral capacity remains. My guess is not a lot.
To be honest,  I would bet the "Irish Joe" may not even finished his first term. 

All thing considered, FTA between UK and US will take years of negotiations. So if I am BoJo, I may just ignore/pay token respect to Joe and just wait for his successor(s)

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on November 25, 2020, 11:47:10 PM
Go on name a few of these treaties, I'm not doubting you but I would like to check them out as this has been said a number of times. I presume your talking recent enough history and not back in cave man times
Cave man times Gerry.....Ho bloody Ho,the Europeans weren't there then were they?

To date
https://qz.com/1273510/all-the-international-agreements-the-us-has-broken-before-the-iran-deal/
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on November 25, 2020, 11:25:40 PM
I just assumed you'd know good old Irish American Joe's nation has broken more agreements and treaties than anyone,only pointing out its not that important then is it?

Go on name a few of these treaties, I'm not doubting you but I would like to check them out as this has been said a number of times. I presume your talking recent enough history and not back in cave man times

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on November 25, 2020, 10:11:21 PM
I smell a loaded question, what is it your dying to share ?
I just assumed you'd know good old Irish American Joe's nation has broken more agreements and treaties than anyone,only pointing out its not that important then is it?

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on November 25, 2020, 10:55:10 PM
Well, it goes to show, mutual trust and respect goes a long way then, funny old game politics Nick. Take it from me, there are some good people in the Biden government, because we made sure they had a place.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an allegiance to either camp. Except against Mrs Clinton, but that's enough about Benghazi.

I hope you're right: Let's secure a deal and look forward to all those southern style biscuits from Pappy O'Donnell arriving on our shelves.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2020, 10:44:55 PM
The party that told us we'd be at the back of the QUEUE. 😂

No American ever says queue. "Call me Dave and BTW, use the word queue not line."
Well, it goes to show, mutual trust and respect goes a long way then, funny old game politics Nick. Take it from me, there are some good people in the Biden government, because we made sure they had a place.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on November 25, 2020, 10:34:34 PM
Well, I guess we couldn't possibly have any friends amongst the Joe government. Who we may have worked with before and ironed out our differences?

The party that told us we'd be at the back of the QUEUE. 😂

No American ever says queue. "Call me Dave and BTW, use the word queue not line."

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2020, 10:27:33 PM
Or he is making us think that's what he wants just in case Dig D decides his parting gift will be a Super Brexit deal?
We have to remember the age of this guy and what cerebral capacity remains. My guess is not a lot.
Well, I guess we couldn't possibly have any friends amongst the Joe government. Who we may have worked with before and ironed out our differences?

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on November 25, 2020, 08:32:49 PM
Anyway, before you think you all speak for Joe Biden, like I said Joe doesn't want to kick his allies in the teeth, it would be a very bad time to do so.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden-wants-brexit-deal-155740639.html

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on November 25, 2020, 07:31:52 PMImportant respecting agreements and treaties is it Gerry?

I smell a loaded question, what is it your dying to share ?

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on November 25, 2020, 07:09:24 PMWell good to hear it is all sorted then Gerry, let's hope he hasn't fecked over the British people then for his sake, we are very patient people, we get you in the end, metaphorically speaking of course.
He has a way of presenting turd and making it look like cake, he did that with the WA, so he'll prob do that with whatever trade deal that might come out of the talks

Sheepy

Anyway, before you think you all speak for Joe Biden, like I said Joe doesn't want to kick his allies in the teeth, it would be a very bad time to do so.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden-wants-brexit-deal-155740639.html

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on November 25, 2020, 07:19:18 PM
I didn't know you were irish Nick, top of the morning to ya
My sister did a DNA test and hers came back 26% Irish. But I think it depends which parent you inherit from. I'm going to do one, I'll keep you posted on my Paddyness.

I guess if we follow the mitochondria we all end up being Tanzanian. 😂

The rest of the day to your self.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on November 25, 2020, 05:58:25 PM
I can see we'll have lots of fun on here !

The UK signed the GFA, this says there will be no hardening of borders or barriers to trade on the island of Ireland.

Hence the dilemma, a hard brexit puts the UK in a different customs union so a border is required by BOTH the UK and EU. This border is only required if the UK breaks their agreement in the GFA. Yes this would mean the UK standing by its agreement, a pure UK decision.

Roll on to January this yr and Johnson signed the WA, this came after the brexit 2016 vote so obviously takes precedence. In this Johnson committed the UK to keeping NI in sink with EU rules and regulations, pretty much keeping NI in the EU single market. So even though GB leaves the EU, NI remains. The only way this can happen is if a border is imposed from GB to NI. There will in any event be a border between GB and ROI.

Roll on to recent weeks and Johnson see's the fine mess he's caused for his hard brexit supporters and thinks he can sweep the WA under the carpet by introducing the IMB (internal market bill) and effectivly giving himself the power to remove the WA (withdrawal agreement)

Hence the posturing, the EU saying honour the GFA and WA by removing the IMB or we won't sign a FTA with you, USA has chipped in and agreed. Time will tell how this pans out
Important respecting agreements and treaties is it Gerry?