When did you become a commie...

Started by DeppityDawg, November 26, 2020, 08:05:29 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on November 26, 2020, 09:04:57 AM
. Or at best you've got Thomas calling ya a 'hopeless idealist'.  :D Well yeah, that's me..hoping things can change.)

you are a hopeless idealist dyno.  ;) Told you that before , and on a wider scale thats generally why the tories tend to win elections more often than nought .

They tend to see reality and the big picture as it stands while the left are too busy with their grandiose ideals and pie in the sky fantasy of this better world of lah lah land.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 26, 2020, 01:32:07 PMIf that's not fecking communism, I don't know what is 

You're on fire today Dawg. Unlike communism you have a choice, switch them off in your profile if you want.

Not sure which ghost visits first, I think its Christmas Past !! Let me know.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on November 26, 2020, 12:50:24 PM
I would respond with a witty one liner but it might get deleted, needless to say you do that most of the time unintentionally anyway.  :D ;D :D ;D

Well, there have been some corkers over the years, General. There was "DeppityDawgs Allotment shed [on the allotment he doesn't actually have]" thread- this was a kind of speakeasy/pisstake thread that went on for about 100 pages that used to get raided and closed down periodically by the Stasi that used to run the old forum  :D

Then there was Dawgs Counselling thread, which was a kind of "Covered Wagon, Medicine show", where I claimed I could solve all these neurotic posters ills with a quick consultation that involved listening to one line and then telling them to pull themselves together and feck off. I could have charged £50 a session  :D

There was even one about old buses, but Cromwell got carried away and posted half of Greater Manchesters entire fleet on it and it got closed due to bandwidth issues  :D :D :D

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 26, 2020, 01:32:07 PM
Who's idea was all these snowflake thingys coming down the screen? If that's not fecking communism, I don't know what is  :D
They're 2" deep at the bottom of the screen now. I can hardly see to type.
Think I've got some de-icer in the car. Back soon.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 26, 2020, 01:32:07 PM
Who's idea was all these snowflake thingys coming down the screen? If that's not fecking communism, I don't know what is  :D

It is a new age and we must march with the times.

That said, I have to admit it does seem a bit ducky
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry on November 26, 2020, 01:05:25 PMYou may abuse yourself. Becoming a Commie is self abuse.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on November 26, 2020, 01:08:55 PM
Fortunately, Spec Savers is still open
Luckily for you, although the effort to close it down is still ongoing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 26, 2020, 12:48:51 PM
Indeed, Comrade...where do I sign?

Whats happened to this thread? Where have all the posts gone? Wilma!!! FFS, I'm not even allowed to insult myself now  :D :D :D
You may abuse yourself. Becoming a Commie is self abuse.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 26, 2020, 12:48:51 PM

Whats happened to this thread? Where have all the posts gone? Wilma!!! FFS, I'm not even allowed to insult myself now  :D :D :D

I would respond with a witty one liner but it might get deleted, needless to say you do that most of the time unintentionally anyway.  :D ;D :D ;D
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 26, 2020, 11:42:05 AM
Come Comradeski Dawg, come to the Steppe or the Taiga to a world where men can still be men and, if you get sick of everyone else, you con go somewhere where there is no one else in a hundred miles in any direction. Da!!

Funny thing though about these "Authoritarian Regimes that have no freedom" is that if you are not an ardent, earnest, liberal cause activist, life is pretty good and you have a damn sight more day to day; do as like freedoms, than you do over here.

Sampanviking

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 26, 2020, 08:05:29 AM
...the sister of the "when did you become a nazi?" thread. Or Montana. Or the Steppes.

I got to thinking yesterday, after the pick up truck episode and the cut off jeans...no, no Nalaar, that was the girl, not me...why would I not just want a bit of land and a shack, miles away from all you commie dress wearing tossers? Plough a furrow or two, then sit on the porch all day in a rocking chair with a crate of beer shooting anything that moves out of the nearby trees?

No actually. It occurred to me that literally everything is sold to us now. Just like the sixties when big business took over the music industry, someone somewhere is turning something into a "vision" and selling it back to us, making a load of money in the process. You can bet that someone is licking their figurative lips now at the prospects of a whole new dress designer empire based on selling low cut backless little numbers to Kevin of Croyden. Kevin meanwhile is so fecked up by it all, browbeaten and bowed by relentless feminist bullshit and how is a complete **** simply for being male, can't wait to try one on simply because he wants someone to like him for once...

Then it occurred to me that actually, doesn't that make me the commie?

So from now on, please refer to me by my proper title. NaziDawgcommie.

Can I borrow that little strapless number tonight Toots?

Wheres my prozac?

Come Comradeski Dawg, come to the Steppe or the Taiga to a world where men can still be men and, if you get sick of everyone else, you con go somewhere where there is no one else in a hundred miles in any direction. Da!!

Funny thing though about these "Authoritarian Regimes that have no freedom" is that if you are not an ardent, earnest, liberal cause activist, life is pretty good and you have a damn sight more day to day; do as like freedoms, than you do over here.

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on November 26, 2020, 09:04:57 AMAnd then there's the govt some voted for, where for example Boris said that money wasted on child abuse investigations was "spaffed up the wall". Yeah, the whole thing is sick but it has always been sick. When anyone suggests change (even on this backwater place) you get shouted down (on this place you attract stalky posters too insisting it's not sick and should be covered up.
Please quote an example of this in bold. You are saying that a poster on here says child abuse, which is sick, should be covered up?
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on November 26, 2020, 09:04:57 AMWhen anyone suggests change (even on this backwater place) you get shouted down (on this place you attract stalky posters too insisting it's not sick and should be covered up. Or at best you've got Thomas calling ya a 'hopeless idealist'.   Well yeah, that's me..hoping things can change.)

Shouted down? I don't know bout that, everyone is allowed to respond (even in this backwater) aren't they? Or is there some rule I don't know about where liberal commies aren't allowed to shout anyone down?

Look, why should I have to accept some ideological bullshit quoted at me as if it were a fact and not dispute it? If I started a response with the line "the idea that the world is round is a social construct" unless you actually believed the world was flat, you'd tell me to feck off surely?

Thats what a lot of this is about. People now invent their own reality, so for example when someone else has the temerity to say "men wearing dresses is not normal", they blow a fuse on twitter. Its demonstrably not "normal", yet some people get upset that it isn't. How could you have a better example of how a minority want to change what the majority say or do?

Sheepy

Well good thing he isn't trying to sell you a dream of putting your money in a market he controls then. Which he openly admits that is what he is doing, which just gives him more opportunity to get some more suckers. We had to make it law that they advertise you are likely to be in the 95% who lose money.
"I am a trader I don't care"
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!