Why is the PM system on this forum such crap?

Started by DeppityDawg, November 26, 2020, 01:00:29 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nick on November 27, 2020, 10:36:14 AM
Careful though, you might end us as test manager

Well, its difficult to see how even I could feck it up any more than that Welsh bloke you got for half price  :D  :D  :D

Nick

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 27, 2020, 09:55:15 AMYes. It worked. But don't worry Nick. I'll find something else wrong before the days out

Careful though, you might end us as test manager.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

The PM system is like the commons bar, where sneaky behaviour is rife.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nick on November 27, 2020, 09:31:51 AMYou don%u2019t need to click on the name at all. It%u2019s already been selected as the recipient of the PM.
Type your message and just send it.

This is all just a trick to lure the unsuspecting into buying the Guardian, isn't it? You don't fool me with your "Mr Brexit"  lines Nick. Cromwell will be behind all this, you can bet. Well, you aren't making me wear a fecking dress.

Yes. It worked. But don't worry Nick. I'll find something else wrong before the days out

Nick

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 27, 2020, 09:13:36 AM
Right. So when I click on that name, it just goes to their profile, and still doesn't put the name in the addrss box.

Fecking liberal communism bull****.

You don't need to click on the name at all. It's already been selected as the recipient of the PM.
Type your message and just send it.

DeppityDawg

Right. So when I click on that name, it just goes to their profile, and still doesn't put the name in the addrss box.

Fecking liberal communism bull****.

Nick

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 26, 2020, 01:00:29 PM
What is it with this PM system? If you click "reply" to a PM, it doesn't enter the recipient in the address line, so you have to do it manually. Even then you've no idea if its right or not. Whats the point in even having a reply function then?

Additionally, you click send and get a pop up saying "message successfully sent", but there is no record of it in "sent items"

Or is it just me?

Spot on DD, but if you open your eyes you'll see that the username is auto selected and waiting for you to send your PM.

Keep up !!

johnofgwent

What is it with this PM system? If you click "reply" to a PM, it doesn't enter the recipient in the address line, so you have to do it manually. Even then you've no idea if its right or not. Whats the point in even having a reply function then?

Additionally, you click send and get a pop up saying "message successfully sent", but there is no record of it in "sent items"

Or is it just me?

It is not just you ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Or is it just me?

You're right but it is what it is.

Borchester

Or is it just me?

Probably because the management got the site on special offer.
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Or is it just me?