BAG BOTHER Football pundit Steve ‘Tommo’ Thompson suspended by BBC

Started by Thomas, November 28, 2020, 04:41:37 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2020, 04:04:36 PM
The BBC impartial Iranian spokesman.

Doesnt matter what the subject  Barry , as soon as the bbc start introducing someone as an independent analyst , alarm  bells start ringing.

We have seen this old trick many a time in scotland , for example  former  labour national forum member clare lally being passed off as an ordinary person in the street and being asked for comments against the independence campaign.

Or in England last year when the bbc tried to punt an "impartial" graphic showing remain parties had won the 2019 european elections.

Im sure we can add" little impartial mistakes" like this to the list barry....

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

The BBC impartial Iranian spokesman.

QuoteBBC's 'Independent Expert' is Iranian Regime Advocate

The BBC was very keen to emphasise the supposed "non-partisan" nature of of Trita Parsi – who presented himself as an independent analyst in an interview about the assassination of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh. In fact Parsi is a well known advocate for the Iranian regime. Parsi left his former organisation after being found by the US courts to be advocating for the Iranian regime, when he attempted to sue a blogger for saying his organisation was lobbying for Iran in America. The court found in 2012 that the work of Tritra Parsi was "not inconsistent with the idea that he was first and foremost an advocate for the [Iranian] regime." He masquerades as a non-partisan analyst when in reality he is anti-Israel and pro-Iran...

A quick google by BBC researchers would have found this front page Washington Times article which says that analysis of "e-mails between Mr. Parsi and Iran's ambassador to the United Nations at the time, Javad Zarif – and an internal review of the Lobbying Disclosure Act – offer evidence that the group has operated as an undeclared lobby and may be guilty of violating tax laws, the Foreign Agents Registration Act and lobbying disclosure laws." While BBC are always keen to call out the ideological leanings of those on the right, they appear happy to introduce an apparent long-standing Iranian regime advocate as an independent analyst...
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote'The world's going mad': Angry fans blast 'WOKE BBC' as ex-football star is AXED for daring to use harmless 'handbags' term on air

"Who are these deluded clowns suggesting that 'handbags' is offensive? Women? How does that offend them?

"The world's going mad and the normal people left among us need to make it stop. This guy has a family, it's his job and the BBC think they can punish him for saying f*cking 'handbags'."

Karl McCartney, the long-serving Conservative Member of Parliament for Lincoln, was unimpressed. "Oh dear," he reacted, telling the radio station to reverse the move and show more common sense.

"After all your great work through the pandemic, don't let it be spoilt by such silliness. I heard the remark live and there was no intent to offend. [The phrase is in] common usage and it is a complete over-reaction to suspend him."

https://www.rt.com/sport/508088-steve-thompson-lincoln-suspended-bbc/

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 29, 2020, 03:01:51 PM
and don't know whether it's relevant but she was training to be a social worker.

That normally involves sitting on their arse all day doing feck all cromwell but drinking coffee. Very relevant.

Ask them a difficult question and they normally go onthe sick for a couple of years , so you probably set her training back quite a bit.
I know I've had my differences re BLM and other stuff but this is mad,mind it's not all new and woke though because I remember back in the early seventies this woman telling me all men are potential rapists because they go equipped,well in theory I said that's correct but it doesn't take in to account the vast majority aren't that way inclined.

Sure its been about forever and a day , but i think its now reaching crises societal breakdown levels.

We really are just scratching the tip of the iceberg with this story here.

Once again though as i said earlier , it looks like its another bad pr day for auntie , and you can see why trust in the bbc has fallen to an all time low.

This poll here from last december

QuoteYouGov figures show British trust in the press to tell the truth has fallen, with less than half believing BBC news journalists are honest and impartial

As the BBC responds to claims of bias following its coverage of the general election, YouGov polling reveals that faith in BBC News journalists to tell the truth has dropped, but the trend is not unique to the broadcaster, with trust in journalists falling across the board.

Less than half of Britons (44%) now say they trust the institution to tell the truth despite its public charter to remain politically neutral. This is a fall of seven percentage points since October.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/12/16/do-britons-trust-press

When you have an organisation like the bbc more concerned with falling over itself making sure 4/5 presenters are black , with the correct mix of sexual orientation thrown in , to justify diversity while being mightily concerned with the terminology of daft white english/scotish football pundits and that what they are saying is politically correct , you know we are in a very bad place and getting worse by the day.

As for BLM , i see a recent poll in the guardian shows the majority in the uk think this racist organistion have made race relations extremely worse than what they were.

Cromwell , we are at the stage now mate where we have academics being suspended for standing up for biology , calling a man a man , while crackpots are running around in positions of power demanding bearded men dressed as women are allowed to use wee girls toilets to satisfy their  warped delusion.

Anything that doesnt fit their politically correct view of the world , they demand taken down and destroyed.

The feckin loonies really have taken over the asylum.

cromwell

I know I've had my differences re BLM and other stuff but this is mad,mind it's not all new and woke though because I remember back in the early seventies this woman telling me all men are potential rapists because they go equipped,well in theory I said that's correct but it doesn't take in to account the vast majority aren't that way inclined.

She got the hump at this and said its always there at the back of men's minds so is the potential,when I said  that on that basis all women are potential murderers especially at the wrong time of the month because their brains are equipped that way she went ballistic,wasn't sure if it was the wrong time of the month and don't know whether it's relevant but she was training to be a social worker.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 29, 2020, 12:56:15 PM
What I want to know is (well I dont really but for the sake of joining the conversation) is how many people complained to the BBC and what are their names .

im sure the beeb could conjure up a sufficient amount of names to justify the suspension.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

What I want to know is (well I dont really but for the sake of joining the conversation) is how many people complained to the BBC and what are their names . If people are daft enough to be offended by normal and usual terminology that much that they feel the need to complain they should  named . Either that or shut the feck up .

Thomas

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas