Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=16119 time=1581439211 user_id=53
Is that your final answer or do you want to phone a friend ?

He doesn't have any friends. Can he ask the audience?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=15300 time=1580748188 user_id=63
Is he actually barred from entry here ? I understand the ban was on entering the USA.

Just taken a look it appears he still has a lot of problems and cabinet papers about him due to be released in 2016 under the 30 year rule were blocked from release.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=15288 time=1580744792 user_id=89
Off topic but is Mark Thatcher still barred from Britain?

Is he actually barred from entry here ? I understand the ban was on entering the USA.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=15269 time=1580740016 user_id=63
I saw his passing reported on what I'd call a veterans forum yesterday. Truly the sh*t he got up to would just not be allowed today

Off topic but is Mark Thatcher still barred from Britain?

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13160 time=1579022645 user_id=87
 Anybody receiving a benefit should consider it a gift

It's more like a deal. The agreement is, someone on benefits agrees to all the restrictions of the state placed on them in return for enough money to live. If that money is not enough to live on and/or the restrictions are too much then that person will not make that deal. Regarding society, which we suppose is a democratic institution trying to protect its own interests, it is worth paying this money in order to get the person to do all the things they want. But as anyone in business knows, there is a kind of market price, and deals will only be made in a narrow band of options in the middle, i.e. what is a compromise or trade-off. So if we call the offer of the one side a gift then we must call the agreement to act out the set of actions demanded by the society as an exchanged gift. Compliance with the regs is their charity to the state. Lets hope these people in society enjoy the monkey show.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13293 time=1579160949 user_id=89
Wiggles is serious, I know his type, he isn't joking, he is the sort of rabid Tory who is a DWP minister, or the pub professor who get barred from the pub.

Ok. Let us meet in the middle. Wiggles is actually Justin Tomlinson, but you are still a mug for letting him wind you up.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=13283 time=1579128242 user_id=62
Wiggles is a windup merchant and you are a chump for falling for his spiel.

Wiggles is serious, I know his type, he isn't joking, he is the sort of rabid Tory who is a DWP minister, or the pub professor who get barred from the pub.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13266 time=1579117529 user_id=89
I am not allowed to state what I know Wiggles is.

Wiggles is a windup merchant and you are a chump for falling for his spiel.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=13234 time=1579105366 user_id=62
Wiggles is trying to  wind us up.

I am not allowed to state what I know Wiggles is.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13170 time=1579025659 user_id=89
Not possible with someone as offensive as you are.

Wiggles is trying to  wind us up. Most of the other posters have realised this so now might be a good time for him to extract his tongue from his cheek and you to remove your head from your arse.

I was enjoying that thread on petrol. Could it be that the petrol separates into fractions over time. This might be noticable in a large tank, but not so much with the small one you get on a motor bike, particularly when the latter is being pushed and bumped to a workshop?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13160 time=1579022645 user_id=87
Well just be civilised then.

Not possible with someone as offensive as you are.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13147 time=1579018930 user_id=89
All of it.

I am no longer allowed to answer you how I would like to.

Well just be civilised then. I am sure you believe you have some valid points, and usual I am here to listen. To reiterate what I was saying. Anybody receiving a benefit should consider it a gift, In many countries around the world if you don't work you starve. Of course, we are a civilised country, so this doesn't happen. However, to consider any benefit a right, is just wrong. My second point was about euthanasia. Many countries such as Belgium, Switzerland  and Holland have euthanasia, and it's fair to say the majority of the public in the UK would like to see it introduced over here. Not for one minute would I condone euthanizing a disabled person with a minor disability, but there comes a point when either the person is very unhappy, or the state simply can't afford the support that person requires. My final point was about means testing. As much as we may disagree about disability benefit, paying out money to someone who is already quite wealthy is a horrible waist of public funds. I have already mentioned I have a good friend with a disabled son. He spends the mobility on a Motobility vehicle. In my friends words, he would have bought the same car himself whether his son was disabled or not, especially as he would need it anyway. The friend in question is close to being a millionaire as a result of two large inheritances.

Now, how could you possibly find any of that offensive ?
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13146 time=1579018817 user_id=87
I am genuinely confused, what part disgusts you?

All of it.

I am no longer allowed to answer you how I would like to.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13142 time=1579017676 user_id=89
That is SO disgusting I dare not respond to it.

I am genuinely confused, what part disgusts you?
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13137 time=1579014716 user_id=87
I don't like the word "entitlement". Anything disabled people are given by the government is a gift. No benefit should ever be considered an entitlement. No, I don't want disabled people topping themselves, but do believe there is a point when euthanasia should be considered, voluntary, and involuntary.  Why do you think I would make a claim if I became disabled. I have enough money to cope without going cap in hand, as I am sure many claimants have as well. I would hope you agree that all disability claims should be means tested?

That is SO disgusting I dare not respond to it.