Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13119 time=1578991297 user_id=89
Not at all, my problem is the sham system of assessment and the hostile environment created by the Tory government that is denying seriously ill and very disabled people the benefits the are entitle to which is leading to and will continue to lead to premature death and suicides.

I realise you do not care about that as I suspect you want all disabled people to die.

You could end up being disabled at any time. So as the saying goes it could be you.

I don't like the word "entitlement". Anything disabled people are given by the government is a gift. No benefit should ever be considered an entitlement. No, I don't want disabled people topping themselves.  Why do you think I would make a claim if I became disabled. I have enough money to cope without going cap in hand, as I am sure many claimants have as well. I would hope you agree that all disability claims should be means tested?
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13101 time=1578946964 user_id=87
So you think EVEN MORE people should be on disability benefits. If you were in charge of the country we would pretty soon run out of money  :D

Not at all, my problem is the sham system of assessment and the hostile environment created by the Tory government that is denying seriously ill and very disabled people the benefits the are entitle to which is leading to and will continue to lead to premature death and suicides.

I realise you do not care about that as I suspect you want all disabled people to die.

You could end up being disabled at any time. So as the saying goes it could be you.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Wiggles

Quote from: Borchester post_id=13090 time=1578942083 user_id=62
Exactly. If we could have put her on benefits the country would have been a lot better off.

True, she was pretty useless, but at least we have Boris now, who is taking us out of Europe. Role on Independence day !

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13098 time=1578944483 user_id=89
Diabetes is a very wide ranging medical condition, type one can vary wildly from person to person, with some people being able to keep in under control but for others it can't be no matter how careful they are and is very debilitating.

Many medical conditions have the same wide differences from person to person.

(Something Daily Mail journalists and readers have trouble understanding.)

So you think EVEN MORE people should be on disability benefits. If you were in charge of the country we would pretty soon run out of money  :D

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=13090 time=1578942083 user_id=62
Exactly. If we could have put her on benefits the country would have been a lot better off.

Diabetes is a very wide ranging medical condition, type one can vary wildly from person to person, with some people being able to keep in under control but for others it can't be no matter how careful they are and is very debilitating.

Many medical conditions have the same wide differences from person to person.

(Something Daily Mail journalists and readers have trouble understanding.)

Borchester

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13080 time=1578936457 user_id=87

Theresa May has diabetes and look at the job she did

Algerie Francais !

Wiggles

I have started a thread on another political forum, and thought you may want to see the first reply

==================================

This whole system needs a drastic overhaul, claimants have jumped on the bandwagon and get benefits now for the most trivial reasons

My immediate neighbour's father is an alcoholic so he gets paid carers allowance for looking after him. This same father is about to depart for an extended visit to Australia

Recent newspaper report of a 5 year old boy who has been permanently excluded from school because of his behaviour. The boy's father is described as " a permanent carer for his wife who has diabetes. ! have diabetes and worked until I retired,Theresa May has diabetes and look at the job she did

There are so many examples of claimants who have "severe disabilities" being caught out on video having anything but. Yet put one claimant on TV who is in desperate need of benefits, but refused, and watch the resulting uproar

The benefits system was set up to provide those in need, not to provide an alternate easy lifestyle

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13070 time=1578926991 user_id=89
You need to be more specific, by naming what benefit(s), you are referring to and posting a link.

650000 are on the top level of what?

You seem oblivious to the fact that to get ANY disability benefit requires proof and a lot of it. To get the "top level" requires a lot of proof and not from a claimants GP.

Just where you think all these jealous people are is a mystery to me. As I have referenced in depth and detail there are more disabled people and families with a disabled person in them than any other group.

I have also referenced in detail the extra costs involved in being disabled.

Despite all evidence given you against your "beliefs" you continue to Troll.

Look it up

You seem oblivious to the fact that to get ANY disability benefit requires proof and a lot of it. To get the "top level" requires a lot of proof and not from a claimants GP.

and that's why we have 2.1 m who get disability benefit

Just where you think all these jealous people are is a mystery to me. As I have referenced in depth and detail there are more disabled people and families with a disabled person in them than any other group.

That's because you spend your life on the internet, rather than mixing with the average guy in the street

I have tried to explain what trolling means, but you obviously don't understand

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13059 time=1578923945 user_id=87

. This country has 2.1m people claiming some sort of disability allowance, and 650000 are on the top level.

You need to be more specific, by naming what benefit(s), you are referring to and posting a link.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13065 time=1578925961 user_id=89
You need to go on another disability awareness course and it is YOU who is living in a bubble because you think your personal "experience" applies to the national  situation.

Also if you keep posting the nonsense you do, you are a Troll.

The definition of a troll is someone who gives an opinion in order he/she gets an reaction. Everything I say I believe with a passion. As daft as I think your opinions may be, I respect the fact you believe they are correct. In this sense we are both the same, and would respect it if you could appreciate that.

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13059 time=1578923945 user_id=87
As it happens, some years ago I did attend a disability course, along with many many others. To be honest I don't remember much about it, as I tend to think these courses are help by companies to cover their backs.

I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me a troll. I am entitled to an opinion, and believe passionately that I am right in what I say.

You need to go on another disability awareness course and it is YOU who is living in a bubble because you think your personal "experience" applies to the national  situation.

Also if you keep posting the nonsense you do, you are a Troll.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12986 time=1578847272 user_id=89
Frankly every time you post you show just how ignorant you are about disability.  You really do need to go on a disability awareness course as a matter of urgency.

You really must be joking if you don't know the extra problems, needs and costs a disabled person has with every day living whether they work or not.

Your comments continue to make me think you are nothing but a Troll. No-one can be as ill informed about disabled people as you are. (That is unless your are a Tory DWP minister posting under a pseudonym.

Detailed extra costs for disabled people here plus embedded links:-

https://www.scope.org.uk/campaigns/extra-costs/disability-price-tag/">https://www.scope.org.uk/campaigns/extr ... price-tag/">https://www.scope.org.uk/campaigns/extra-costs/disability-price-tag/

As it happens, some years ago I did attend a disability course, along with many many others. To be honest I don't remember much about it, as I tend to think these courses are help by companies to cover their backs.

I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me a troll. I am entitled to an opinion, and believe passionately that I am right in what I say. You live in a bubble, and strangely enough you believe your opinions are the norm, and mine the exception, your wrong. Everybody (apart from you evidently) witnesses people with disabilities doing well for themselves, care of the tax payer. Like I have told you before, my wife worked with disabled people for many years, and she gets more frustrated by the money thrown at them than I do. Taking people out to spend money on stuff, and holidays, just so they could get under the financial threshold is very frustrating. This country has 2.1m people claiming some sort of disability allowance, and 650000 are on the top level. Ten percent of all new cars are a motobility vehicles, The figure I gave in an earlier post was far to conservative, and an individuals disability allowance on top of additional benefits can be as much as £371 per month. That means benefits paid to people on the top level is close to £3bil pa. I can't find the total paid to all disabled people annually, but suspect it is between eight and ten billion. These are eye watering figures, and at some point we have to stop being so bloody generous.

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12982 time=1578846361 user_id=87
I'm sure you don't read any of my posts. I am aware that disabled people need to get out of the house, especially if they need to get to work, but can you explain why that is any different for an able bodied person. Also, if the disabled person in question doesn't go to work, does that mean they still get the mobility allowance if they want to stay at home and watch TV all day, because I suspect it does !

Frankly every time you post you show just how ignorant you are about disability.  You really do need to go on a disability awareness course as a matter of urgency.

You really must be joking if you don't know the extra problems, needs and costs a disabled person has with every day living whether they work or not.

Your comments continue to make me think you are nothing but a Troll. No-one can be as ill informed about disabled people as you are. (That is unless your are a Tory DWP minister posting under a pseudonym.

Detailed extra costs for disabled people here plus embedded links:-

https://www.scope.org.uk/campaigns/extra-costs/disability-price-tag/">https://www.scope.org.uk/campaigns/extr ... price-tag/">https://www.scope.org.uk/campaigns/extra-costs/disability-price-tag/

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12982 time=1578846361 user_id=87
I'm sure you don't read any of my posts. I am aware that disabled people need to get out of the house, especially if they need to get to work, but can you explain why that is any different for an able bodied person. Also, if the disabled person in question doesn't go to work, does that mean they still get the mobility allowance if they want to stay at home and watch TV all day, because I suspect it does !

They may also need to get out to do shopping, to go to medical appointments and various others things. They may need to drive other family members about too.

You earlier mentioned that you also don't agree with disabled people having specific parking spaces and the ability to park on yellow lines. This is very often to minimise the distance between the car and where they want to go, the shop, the train station etc. Would you rather they DID stay at home all day? I'd be more concerned about the able bodied idiots who park in disabled spaces, to be honest.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12951 time=1578836660 user_id=89
You can check about disability payments here:-

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/benefits-for-people-who-are-sick-or-disabled/">https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... -disabled/">https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/benefits-for-people-who-are-sick-or-disabled/

As for your fixation with Motability cars, they enable disabled people to get out of the house, and to get too and from work.

What would you prefer hundreds of thousands of disabled people to not be able to work because they have had their Motability car taken away, or hundreds of thousands of disabled people in work because they have a Motability.

Frankly your blatant disablism is based on ignorance, and it appears you prefer to remain in ignorance.