Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12946 time=1578835948 user_id=87
You didn't answer, which disability payments are not means tested?

It gets worse, I just looked up some figures myself. Apparently there are over 200,000 motobility vehicles in the UK, and that makes up 10% of the new cars each year. There are over 650,000 people who receive full mobility  allowance, which equates to approximately £2,019,550,000 a year, and that figure doesn't include the lesser payments.Needless to say disabled people also receive additional payments on top of this figure. These figures make my blood boil. No wonder immigrants can't wait to get over here. This country is such a bloody soft touch.

You can check about disability payments here:-

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/benefits-for-people-who-are-sick-or-disabled/">https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... -disabled/">https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/benefits-for-people-who-are-sick-or-disabled/

As for your fixation with Motability cars, they enable disabled people to get out of the house, and to get too and from work.

What would you prefer hundreds of thousands of disabled people to not be able to work because they have had their Motability car taken away, or hundreds of thousands of disabled people in work because they have a Motability.

Frankly your blatant disablism is based on ignorance, and it appears you prefer to remain in ignorance.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12942 time=1578835409 user_id=89
Only one, and he was rich before he became disabled.

You didn't answer, which disability payments are not means tested?

It gets worse, I just looked up some figures myself. Apparently there are over 200,000 motobility vehicles in the UK, and that makes up 10% of the new cars each year. There are over 650,000 people who receive full mobility  allowance, which equates to approximately £2,019,550,000 a year, and that figure doesn't include the lesser payments.Needless to say disabled people also receive additional payments on top of this figure. These figures make my blood boil. No wonder immigrants can't wait to get over here. This country is such a bloody soft touch.

As you like copied and pasted info, here is an article for you

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3585783/The-car-scam-drive-crackers-Lottery-grandmother-given-20-000-car-reveal-thousands-driving-brand-new-vehicles-paid-pretending-disabled.html">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... abled.html">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3585783/The-car-scam-drive-crackers-Lottery-grandmother-given-20-000-car-reveal-thousands-driving-brand-new-vehicles-paid-pretending-disabled.html
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12937 time=1578834382 user_id=87
 So in all your years doing what you do you haven't come across a well off disabled person.

Only one, and he was rich before he became disabled.

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12937 time=1578834382 user_id=87
1. So you get disability payments for a mental disorder.

I don't get any disability payments.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12930 time=1578831824 user_id=89
Well they must all live near you  because as I have referenced the majority of poor and disadvantaged in Britain are disabled or families with a disabled person in them.  I don't know of any disabled people living "the life or Riley," as the notice on disabled parking spaces in France states:- You have taken my space you can take my disability.

France has massive fines for parking in reserved for disabled people parking spaces when you are not disabled and it is rigorously enforced.

I would also point out many disabilities are invisible to the eye.

1. So you get disability payments for a mental disorder. Whilst you have my sympathies, I feel it wrong the tax payer has to fork for that.

2. I think being given special parking spaces, and being allowed to park on yellow lines is a nonsense, and what's more a danger to society. Having previously driven a large vehicle, I can tell you that the average disabled person hasn't got the sense they were born with and will park anywhere.

3. So in all your years doing what you do you haven't come across a well off disabled person, ummmm. Tell me, how many of the benefits a disabled person gets are means tested ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12923 time=1578829105 user_id=87
I could read as much data as you want me to, it doesn't stop me witnessing disabled people living the life of Riley.

Well they must all live near you  because as I have referenced the majority of poor and disadvantaged in Britain are disabled or families with a disabled person in them.  I don't know of any disabled people living "the life or Riley," as the notice on disabled parking spaces in France states:- You have taken my space you can take my disability.

France has massive fines for parking in reserved for disabled people parking spaces when you are not disabled and it is rigorously enforced.

I would also point out many disabilities are invisible to the eye.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12770 time=1578686844 user_id=89
I realise you don't read actuarial data you would much rather remain in ignorance and to carry on spouting nonsense.

I could read as much data as you want me to, it doesn't stop me witnessing disabled people living the life of Riley. As a matter of interest, do you ignore the weather outside, and just take notice of the app on your phone?  I think you know what I mean !

cromwell

Quote from: Ratcliff post_id=12842 time=1578766306 user_id=106
Despite this woman's disability , psychiatric problems and living off benefits she still had nine kids?

Why?

Hello Ratcliff and welcome to the forum
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Ratcliff

Despite this woman's disability , psychiatric problems and living off benefits she still had nine kids?

Why?

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12752 time=1578677151 user_id=87
Not really interested in your pasted and copied statistics, and to be honest I don't even read most of them.

I realise you don't read actuarial data you would much rather remain in ignorance and to carry on spouting nonsense.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12730 time=1578668320 user_id=89
Actually disability benefits were cut between £30 and £80 a week by the Tories since May 2010.

Unless you have access to disabled/ill persons medical records and their financial situation you are blowing hot air.

(That takes legal permissions and/or a court order.)

Also the DWP needs proof and a lots of it before benefits are granted. To get the full rate in order to lease a Motability car needs a lot evidence.

(Not from a persons GP.)

Basically you nothing and keep proving it every time you post.

Not really interested in your pasted and copied statistics, and to be honest I don't even read most of them. Like I have said on several occasions, I use my eyes and witness how well off many of these people are. A spread sheet or graph doesn't explain to me how somebody without money before an illness can go on a six week cruise, and their words, not mine, tell me she has never been so well off. The fact that the Tories have reduced payments to the disabled, surely has to be music to the tax payers ears

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12729 time=1578665728 user_id=87
Seriously papasmurf, you either live in a different world to the rest of us, or you just have a different idea of what is a reasonable benefit payment

Actually disability benefits were cut between £30 and £80 a week by the Tories since May 2010.

Unless you have access to disabled/ill persons medical records and their financial situation you are blowing hot air.

(That takes legal permissions and/or a court order.)

Also the DWP needs proof and a lots of it before benefits are granted. To get the full rate in order to lease a Motability car needs a lot evidence.

(Not from a persons GP.)

Basically you nothing and keep proving it every time you post.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12728 time=1578664782 user_id=89
No you don't, you only think you do, your woeful ignorance of the benefits system proves that.

Seriously papasmurf, you either live in a different world to the rest of us, or you just have a different idea of what is a reasonable benefit payment

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12725 time=1578662619 user_id=87
On the other hand I KNOW there are people who do get them but shouldn't.

No you don't, you only think you do, your woeful ignorance of the benefits system proves that.