Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

As per earlier discussions , the uk has the worst state pension of any nation in the developed world....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENgRiX0XYAAvPz2?format=jpg&name=small">
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=12113 time=1578183873 user_id=62
Have you ever thought that maybe you and Wiggles should get married?

Actually I never want to be anywhere near Wiggles. People with his ill informed opinions disgust me and make me VERY angry.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12092 time=1578160667 user_id=89
Every time you post, despite being give loads of referenced data that prove your opinion is bollocks you still stick to your personal experience being right and applying national that is a classic case of cognitive dissonance.

Have you ever thought that maybe you and Wiggles should get married?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12088 time=1578159537 user_id=87Prove it

Every time you post, despite being give loads of referenced data that prove your opinion is bollocks you still stick to your personal experience being right and applying national that is a classic case of cognitive dissonance.

It was cognitive dissonance that screwed Universal Credit.

IDS was convinced, with nothing to back it up except his "belief," that there were one million scroungers on disability benefit that could be weeded out found work and the saving would pay for Universal Credit.

Just one problem even using the harsh and fatally, (often literally,) flawed "assessment," after years a many successful appeals, IDS was forced to admit:- "they were sicker than we thought."

The long term result being there were 2.4-2.3 million on ESA for all of the time IDS was at the DWP.

The one million "scroungers" were in IDS's head, they did not exist.

It is only recently the number has started to drop due to demographics and deaths

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12088 time=1578159537 user_id=87Prove it

read the thread.....

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12084 time=1578159067 user_id=87
Rubbish. The only way you can debate is by copying and pasting statistics and figures, which let's face it, are questionable at best

These are mainly the uk governments own figures , so if you think they are questionable , then please show how?

QuoteYou know as well as I do that government statistics prove only what they want to prove
:lol:

..and your anecdotal evidence doesnt?

QuoteOnce again, the vast amount of people form opinions through anecdotal evidence, not digging up figures on the internet.

Even if that were true , it doesnt make them correct does it?

Most sensible people accept when they get it wrong and dont keep digging holes for themselves either.

QuoteThat's how the real world works.

is it?

Prove it then?

Quote That's how the real world works. I hate cheese, I don't hate because of something I have read, or a statistic that says one in ten people don't like cheese, I hate it because of my personal experiences when putting the vile stuff in my mouth.

I love cheese , but whats that got to do with anything?

What a silly and stupid analogy.

QuoteYou have chosen to be personal and rude, and that's hardly a sign of someone who can hold their own in any argument.

Opps back to the shrinking violet argument again are we?

The man who posts vile views on forums complaining he is getting called out. :roll:  :lol:

Too bad.

QuoteIt would be easy for m to hurl abuse back at you, but I have the ability to rise upon it and behave like an adult.

Stope it wiggy my feckin sides are hurting here.

QuoteSo, are you really telling me that you know no person or people who live on benefits and have a more comfortable life than people who have chosen to work for a living, and do you genuinely believe you do not have left wing politics ?

Yes on both counts.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12086 time=1578159291 user_id=89
You don't like data because you suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Prove it
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12084 time=1578159067 user_id=87
Rubbish. The only way you can debate is by copying and pasting statistics and figures, which let's face it, are questionable at best.

You don't like data because you suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12060 time=1578147599 user_id=58
Yes , and i stand by that. However , heres what you said putting some context into your comment...

So let me sum up wiggy , you arent thick because of your politics , you are just a bit thick in general.

Again context is the key here. Im more left wing than you , everbody is , but im more right wing than corbyn.

i think we know that wiggy. :lol:

of course wiggy. Thats the  big difference between ranting at the jerk circle down the nags head , and debating on forums. Your anecdotal view of the world tends to get challenged.

Bob down the pub probably just agrees with you to shut you up and give his ears a rest , while im  looking for a debate with you.

Does that mean you are delighted with BRINO at the end of the month , or the new future leaving date of the end of the year?

The mighty uk the rule taker bill payer without a say , as well as getting part of the uk annexed by europe.

Rubbish. The only way you can debate is by copying and pasting statistics and figures, which let's face it, are questionable at best. You know as well as I do that government statistics prove only what they want to prove. Once again, the vast amount of people form opinions through anecdotal evidence, not digging up figures on the internet. That's how the real world works. I hate cheese, I don't hate it because of something I have read, or a statistic that says one in ten people don't like cheese, I hate it because of my personal experiences when putting the vile stuff in my mouth. Your answer to that would probably be "prove you hate cheese", and then expect me to find something on the internet. Other than copying and pasting pointless figures you have found, you have given me no evidence that people who receive benefits are suffering, and it's the Tories fault. Yes, we now have foodbanks, but we also have benefit claimants that smoke, take drugs, drink alcohol, and own iphones.

You have chosen to be personal and rude, and that's hardly a sign of someone who can hold their own in any argument. It would be easy for me to hurl abuse back at you, but I have the ability to rise upon it and behave like an adult.

So, are you really telling me that you know no person or people who live on benefits and have a more comfortable life than people who have chosen to work for a living, and do you genuinely believe you do not have left wing politics ?

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=12067 time=1578150187 user_id=51
Shut up and eat yer porridge, Jock!  :lol:

https://images.immediate.co.uk/production/volatile/sites/7/2018/01/white-feather-2-3ff1b13.jpg?quality=90&resize=620,413">

:lol:  ;)

Barry

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12055 time=1578146589 user_id=58
Border down the irish sea being drawn as we speak , wiggy  , and british sovereign territory being signed over to the eu by the tories in london.

Morris dancing surrender monkeys :lol:  

Shut up and eat yer porridge, Jock!  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12057 time=1578146890 user_id=87

1) You referred to me as "not the sharpest tool in the box". That means you think I am thick

Yes , and i stand by that. However , heres what you said putting some context into your comment...

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=12048 time=1578144958 user_id=87
Because we don't share the same politics, doesn't make me thick.

So let me sum up wiggy , you arent thick because of your politics , you are just a bit thick in general.

Quote2) If your not left wing, neither is Corbyn

Again context is the key here. Im more left wing than you , everbody is , but im more right wing than corbyn.

Quote3) Yes, I probably am more right wing than Maggie was

i think we know that wiggy. :lol:

Quote4) Now your not being the "brightest tool in the box". Forums such as this are about sharing experiences, and using experiences to prove a point, it's not about copying and pasting government figures. It is impossible for me to prove a personal experience, and you know that. My experiences can't be manipulated, statistics can !

of course wiggy. Thats the  big difference between ranting at the jerk circle down the nags head , and debating on forums. Your anecdotal view of the world tends to get challenged.

Bob down the pub probably just agrees with you to shut you up and give his ears a rest , while im  looking for a debate with you.

QuoteYes I am delighted we are leaving the EU, and so should everyone be.

Does that mean you are delighted with BRINO at the end of the month , or the new future leaving date of the end of the year?

The mighty uk the rule taker bill payer without a say , as well as getting part of the uk annexed by europe.

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12050 time=1578145367 user_id=58
Please using the quote tags show where i say or imply it does?

im not "the left".

Margaret Thatcher would be left wing to you. :roll:

so what are you bleating about then?

...and once again , prove it.

im not interested in your anecdotal ramblings , save it for the jerk circle down the pub.

ah of course wiggy. People are desperate to have disabled kids so they can live the life of riley off your taxes!!! :lol:

They only do it to spite you and your wife. :roll:

Prove it?

I think you are making it up.

LMFAO

We already know your solution dont we wiggy , euthanize all retired people to cut the £111 billion pound ever growing pension bill.....problem solved.

In reply to both your posts.

Yes I am delighted we are leaving the EU, and so should everyone be.

Now to address the first post.

1) You referred to me as "not the sharpest tool in the box". That means you think I am thick

2) If your not left wing, neither is Corbyn

3) Yes, I probably am more right wing than Maggie was

4) Now your not being the "brightest tool in the box". Forums such as this are about sharing experiences, and using experiences to prove a point, it's not about copying and pasting government figures. It is impossible for me to prove a personal experience, and you know that. My experiences can't be manipulated, statistics can !

Thomas

Border down the irish sea being drawn as we speak , wiggy  , and british sovereign territory being signed over to the eu by the tories in london.

Morris dancing surrender monkeys :lol:  

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/white-flag-on-clear-blue-sky-picture-id668711398?k=6&m=668711398&s=612x612&w=0&h=yybttPrQDjumtTdTAM1GvEBKp9D2QXmxgfpuwRTfVf4=">

Thomas

Hey wiggy , while you are thinking up a suitable response , whats your take on BRINO at the end of the month?

The forum tories seem to have went all quiet over the fact the uk after jan 31st will be a rule taker , bill payer ,  FOM accepter all without having a say in brussells.

Is this what you voted for regarding brexit?

Do you trust bojo to take the uk out the eu this year?( or at all?)