Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=10852 time=1576865328 user_id=62
No, you could act the man and find another job.

And this report illustrates why doing so or getting support is not how it once was,you are living in the past regarding how easy it is for people to find work or claim benefits.

These are ordinary people who worked and contributed and were thrown out of work through no fault of their own and as is their right when they asked for support many were denied and badly let down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50885242">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50885242
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=11087 time=1577036320 user_id=87
I'm not one to complicate matters.  ;)

so i see.

Simplicity provides comfort.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=11062 time=1577027766 user_id=58
ah i see. Is that your in depth economic assessment of the situation alf? :lol:

I'm not one to complicate matters.  ;)
A hand up, not a hand out

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=11077 time=1577031552 user_id=69
I know thank you

no problem. Just trying to enlighten you.

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=11069 time=1577029880 user_id=69
You have your opinion I have mine and never the twain will meet

They dont have to meet. Thats what a debating forum is all about.

Churchill

You have your opinion I have mine and never the twain will meet
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=11046 time=1577019394 user_id=69
I find it rather puzzling that some Scots want Independence from the dreaded English then in the same breath want to give it away again by joining the EU, I don't give a dam what they do , it will take a long time for the EU to say yes or no

see my previous posts on the subject churchy.

These copy and pastes we have kept by just for folk like you who missed previous debates might help. :hattip

QuoteI find it rather puzzling that some Scots want Independence from the dreaded English then in the same breath want to give it away again by joining the EU,

https://indyposterboy.scot/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/uk_vs_eu-600x432.jpg">

https://indyposterboy.scot/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/scotland_in_eu2-600x432.jpg">

Quote, it will take a long time for the EU to say yes or no

https://indyposterboy.scot/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/verhofstadt_simple_fact-600x432.jpg">

https://indyposterboy.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/gunther_krichbaum-600x432.jpg">

Do try and keep up churchy. :thup:

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=11045 time=1577018450 user_id=87
You may note that the prosperous part of Scotland just happens to be close to the oil.

The central belt is producing as much wealth as the richer english regions  , glasgow for example is as far from aberdeen as it is from newcastle so what are you talking about?

QuoteThat's the oil that was dug up using UK money,

Stop talking bollocks wiggy down there in alf garnetstan.

Unlike other countries like our neighbours across the water in scandinavia , the uk lets the private sector "dig up " the oil.

Quoteand the same oil that's going to dry up soon.

:lol:

Remember when labour mp tony benn told us the oil would run out by 1994? :roll:

"The oil will run out by 1994."

(Labour MP Tony Benn, May 1979)

"The oil will run out by 2000."

(Labour MP Ioan Evans, February 1980)

"Oil and gas will run out by the end of the 1980s."

(Tory MPs Timothy Eggart and Peter Rost, January 1982)

"Oil will be running out by 1989."

(Labour MP Jeff Rooker, April 1984)

"The UK Government has spent 30 years suppressing its own report telling the Scots how rich oil would make them with independence."

(The Independent, December 2005)

– "Norway's oil fund grew by 18% in 2012 to £450bn."

(BBC News, March 2013)

– "Poverty in Scotland at its worst in 30 years."

(The Herald, March 2013)

"Alistair Darling is pocketing an extra £13m A DAY thanks to soaring oil prices."

(The Sun, April 2008)

"North Sea oil could run out by 2018."

(The Guardian, May 2008)

"North Sea oil will last another 100 years."

(The Telegraph, June 2008)

"High oil and gas prices could lead to a Treasury tax windfall."

(Alistair Darling on BBC News, June 2008)

"Soaring oil prices could hold back the economic recovery."

(Alistair Darling in the Evening Standard, June 2009)

"Collapsing oil revenue will turn the whole UK into a banana republic!"

(The Telegraph, November 2009)

"Scotland faces bill of £30bn after North Sea oil runs out."

(The Scotsman, April 2012)

"North Sea oil will last for another 50 years."

(Daily Express, September 2012)

"Declining oil revenue will leave Scotland worse off than the UK."

(The Telegraph, November 2012)

"The trouble with oil is that it's a tremendously volatile diminishing asset."

(Alistair Darling in the Paisley Daily Express, December 2012)

"Oil and gas decline to halt as investment booms."

(Reuters, January 2013)

"North Sea oil to give George Osborne £25bn boost."

(The Telegraph, February 2013)

"It's not Scotland's oil, it's Shetland's."

(Tavish Scott in The Shetland Times, March 2013)

"It's definitely Scotland's oil."

(Vince Cable in The Telegraph, March 2013)

"Falling oil revenues will mean savage public spending cuts or tax rises."

(Vince Cable in the Scotsman, March 2013)

"Oil and gas will play a vital role in British energy needs for decades to come."

(Vince Cable in the Daily Record, March 2013)

"There are probably billions of barrels still to be found in Scottish waters, which is why we're investing billions of pounds in looking for it."

(New York Times, March 2013)

"Oil revenue is volatile, and declining, and cheap gas from fracking will probably make it completely worthless."

(The Scotsman, March 2013)

"North Sea oil and gas have a long and bright future."

(UK energy minister John Hayes, March 2013)

"There's no bright future for oil revenue."

(Dumfries And Galloway Standard, March 2013)

"Analysts believe that Clair, along with other developments [in Scottish waters to the west of Shetland], could lead to the Atlantic overtaking the North Sea as the UK's biggest oil-producing region within 20 years."

(BBC News, March 2013)

"Scotland will be so rich from oil you won't be able to handle it by yourselves!"

(The Telegraph, March 2013)

QuoteScotland will not survive on the sale of Whiskey and kilts,

per head of population we sell more than twice as much as you do at £17 455 to your paltry £8 626.

What do you actually make and sell except colmans english mustard and a bit of morris dancing shows for some rich chinese tourists?

Quoteespecially with a 7% deficit hanging around it's neck

Every country on earth runs a deficit including yours.

Governments dont operate like households . In 2010 2011 and 2012 for example , your country ran a bigger deficit than the 7% allegedly attributed to scotland in the dodgy tory GERS figures.

Where were you alf then? Were you calling on westminster to give up independence and hand control over to the europeans because you had a much bigger deficit hanging around your necks? :roll:

Quote The SNP spend money like it's going out of fashion, and I can't see the EU wanting a part of that !!

Oh i see. Thanks for the input alf. :thup:

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=11039 time=1577012103 user_id=87
So they produce the most wealth, but are the poorest, ummmmmmm. If this is true, my guess is that there are a minority of people working hard and earning lots of money, and the rest are just lazy

ah i see. Is that your in depth economic assessment of the situation alf? :lol:

cromwell

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=11044 time=1577016805 user_id=87
What has it contributed to the UK? It's a country full of wingers who shout for the opposing team when we play international football. I would quite happily help build up Hadrian's wall and let them get on with it. They hate the English, and they don't want to be part of the UK. Even if they had another referendum, and even if they voted to stay, I would give it a few weeks and they would be demanding a third attempt.

Is it,you mean it has no centre forwards,goalies,or defenders? :roll:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Churchill

I find it rather puzzling that some Scots want Independence from the dreaded English then in the same breath want to give it away again by joining the EU, I don't give a dam what they do , it will take a long time for the EU to say yes or no

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=10980 time=1576946999 user_id=58
I cant take all this shite seriously neither i can . I have lost count of the number of times on the old forum we did this london the centre of the universe shite to death.

i mean it isnt even about scotland , there must be nothing more fullfilling than some scouser geordie or manc having some snotty nosed cockney look down his nose from his high flat ghetto and tell them in a superior and condescending tone he is worthless without london.

it really is laughable shite.

We had graphics like this show where the poorest and richest areas of the uk are currently...

https://www.businessforscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Big-Wealth-Gap.jpg">

and then ones like this showing where all the wealth is being generated...

https://www.businessforscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Screen-Shot-2013-06-19-at-23.53.20.png">

and you can see from the disparity in the two london and the south is draining away all the wealth the rest generate.

we had had many think tanks across the uk , like the jimmy reid foundation among many others point out the wealth drain from the uk economy into london and south east england.

...but london is entitled to it according to del boy and churchill because thats the normal state of affairs since the dawn of mankind. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You may note that the prosperous part of Scotland just happens to be close to the oil. That's the oil that was dug up using UK money, and the same oil that's going to dry up soon. Scotland will not survive on the sale of Whiskey and kilts, especially with a 7% deficit hanging around it's neck. The SNP spend money like it's going out of fashion, and I can't see the EU wanting a part of that !!

Wiggles

Quote from: cromwell post_id=10991 time=1576952106 user_id=48
Really you would want that for a country that has contributed so much to the UK?well it might be your fantasy but it won't be happening and why would anyone wish to see our very near neighbours who have contributed so much suffer that way?

As already stated you know nothing and each further post you make only confirms that.

What has it contributed to the UK? It's a country full of wingers who shout for the opposing team when we play international football. I would quite happily help build up Hadrian's wall and let them get on with it. They hate the English, and they don't want to be part of the UK. Even if they had another referendum, and even if they voted to stay, I would give it a few weeks and they would be demanding a third attempt.

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=10989 time=1576951337 user_id=58
well taking a wild stab in the dark here alf ,i know my eyes are a wee bit better than yours ,  but according to that map the scottish central belt  , the northe east  of scotland, and in england cheshire and the welsh/english marches for example are generating as much wealth as southern england , yet they are among the poorest households in the uk.

So the question becomes then where is all their money going?

..and dinnae keep talking about holding a referendum to end the uk , go out and do it and stop making yourself look silly spouting empty rhetoric.

So they produce the most wealth, but are the poorest, ummmmmmm. If this is true, my guess is that there are a minority of people working hard and earning lots of money, and the rest are just lazy