Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

Wiggles

Quote from: cromwell post_id=10941 time=1576936719 user_id=48
What was it you said

and now

As noted previously you are are an ignoramus here on the wind up who knows nowt but bigoted ideas based on corrupt ideals.

Thank you for your kind words.
A hand up, not a hand out

Churchill

Quote from: cromwell post_id=10932 time=1576935977 user_id=48
Pay our own way for a change? Have you any idea where the wealth of this country was founded......steel and ship building ,cotton and industry in the Midlands Scotland Wales and the North.

Home Counties what does that make the rest?

I know about cotton mines etc I am from the North West a small former cotton town, I also know what happened to all those traditional industries virtually all gone with it the revenue they created.

London becuase of its geographical situation has been generating wealth since the days of the Vikings , not just through banking but because also because of its industrial muscle, Finance raised in London helped build and create our Industrial Revolution right across the UK.

Trouble was besides being broke after WW2, we did not embrace change in manufacturing practices and methods when the rest of the world was rejigging working the clock round mass producing goods which were cheaper than ours even with shipping costs on top, we could not compete
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=10936 time=1576936280 user_id=87
You appear to forget most of the country's wealth comes from the square mile. Once we get Brexit out of the way, we are going to teach Northerners to use knives and forks. Let's not run before we can walk.

Im not a northener alf , im in the central belt. Its all relative to the country you live in , your a northener to my pals in france.

My french pal once said to me france`s greatest claim to sophistication was the flattery shown to them by the southern englishmen who have been trying to ape french manners cuisine wine and customs for the greater part of the last millenia , and failing in the process.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=10936 time=1576936280 user_id=87
You appear to forget most of the country's wealth comes from the square mile. Once we get Brexit out of the way, we are going to teach Northerners to use knives and forks. Let's not run before we can walk.

What was it you said
QuoteI do not discriminate

and now
Quotewe are going to teach Northerners to use knives and forks

As noted previously you are are an ignoramus here on the wind up who knows nowt but bigoted ideas based on corrupt ideals.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=10916 time=1576933691 user_id=69
Wrong the South East, London and the East of England have been subsidizing the rest of the UK for years far too long , that is why there are moves to give more powers to other regions to emulate London and the home counties, to run their own affairs attract investors and companies to collect their own taxes and spend them locally.

The sooner the better IMO time to pay your own way for a change

London economy subsidises rest of UK, ONS figures show https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/23/uk-budget-deficit-grows-to-more-than-10bn-as-people-spend-less?CMP=share_btn_tw">https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... are_btn_tw">https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/23/uk-budget-deficit-grows-to-more-than-10bn-as-people-spend-less?CMP=share_btn_tw

lmfao . we have went over this time and again on the old forum , and its no more true now than it was then.

You were running around in pig skins living in caves before the danish came and taught you trade , then the irish and scottish came down and christianised you , and taught you literacy , the mancs geordies and scousers ran heavy industry for you , the indians taught you the restaurant trade , and then the international crime gangs laundered cash through your square mile in return for a few backhanders.

You have no water to drink apart from what we send you down , you cant support yourself in food , you beg your energy from everywhere outside the south east , and we subsidise it too ,  us jocks scandinavians and arabs give you oil , and you need phil the greek and lizzie on the door of bucks palace selling tickets at a score per head to chinese tourists to make ends meet.

What exactly do you actually do? We scots had to subsidise your olympic games supplying 10% of revenue , while you told us we had to pay  for our own commonwealth games in glasgow.

We have to subsidise london sewers regeneration programme , westminster refurbishment , the mancs are paying for motorways , the brummies your toy train set.

Apart from sucking in our wealth energy and resources , what acutal good are you to the rest of us?

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=10933 time=1576935987 user_id=58
Telt ye that years ago cromwell.

Trouble is apart from brexit , the tories wont deliver on empty promises either i dont think. To me it looks like you jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

You probably need some sort of northern centric english party like the snp to look after your interests , rather than yet another london centric bunch of muppets who cant find manchester without a satnav.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=10925 time=1576935453 user_id=48
Trouble is labour have deserted the north which is why the vote collapsed and they voted Tory,but Boris needs to make good on his promises.

Telt ye that years ago cromwell.

Trouble is apart from brexit , the tories wont deliver on empty promises either i dont think. To me it looks like you jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

You probably need some sort of northern centric english party like the snp to look after your interests , rather than yet another london centric bunch of muppets who cant find manchester without a satnav.

cromwell

Quote from: Churchill post_id=10916 time=1576933691 user_id=69
Wrong the South East, London and the East of England have been subsidizing the rest of the UK for years far too long , that is why there are moves to give more powers to other regions to emulate London and the home counties, to run their own affairs attract investors and companies to collect their own taxes and spend them locally.

London economy subsidises rest of UK, ONS figures show https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/23/uk-budget-deficit-grows-to-more-than-10bn-as-people-spend-less?CMP=share_btn_tw">https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... are_btn_tw">https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/23/uk-budget-deficit-grows-to-more-than-10bn-as-people-spend-less?CMP=share_btn_tw

Pay our own way for a change? Have you any idea where the wealth of this country was founded......steel and ship building ,cotton and industry in the Midlands Scotland Wales and the North.

Home Counties what does that make the rest?

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=10923 time=1576934817 user_id=87
I'll tell yer mate, fings would be different if I was in charge  :D

Bet ye it would alf.

You had it hard in your day so ye did.

£50 quid a week wages , bought yer ex council house for thirty bob , fiver a month in the final salary pension scheme , and a wee bit of guard duty on the khyber pass garrison on occassion.

Dont know how i would have coped to be honest. :lol:

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas post_id=10913 time=1576932905 user_id=58
Totally agree with you cromwell.

Despite all the guff about england/uk being the 6th biggest economy ( and falling over the medium to long term) , every single review of how the uk economy works shows this conservative idea of getting on yer bike looking for work in other areas is in fact the biggest load of auld bollocks out there.

Unlike many of the big economies around the world or in europe , most countries tend to spread business and finance around , whereas as we know england/uk concentrates this in the south east.

Most of the money gets pumped into the south east , to the detriment of most other areas which is why the tories repeatedly go on about listening to the north and turning it into a northern powerhouse which never seems to happen.

The south east as we have discussed drains money from the rest of the uk , and then brags about how much money it makes.

If the same level of business , finance and investment was pumped into or moved to the north west of england for example to the detriment of the rest , you could then say the same to all the auld cockney sparras to get on their bike and move to manchester and hold them in the same derision as they hold you.

Its been a fact of history going back to at least the days of james 6th taking your throne , that the english establishment in london and the south has always ignored it hinterlands to their detriment and concentrated all its money in the south east , draining vast wealth and resources from the north and west in the process.

We at least have a chance of escaping this brutal never ending cycle while you appear to be told its the natural order of things and have to lump it.

Trouble is labour have deserted the north which is why the vote collapsed and they voted Tory,but Boris needs to make good on his promises.

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=10914 time=1576933078 user_id=58
feckin hell , we have alf garnett on this thread and del boy on the other bumming up blair.

Took you a week to find one? Is there no end to your talents wiggy?

They should be parachuting you in to run the job centres with your wealth of knowledge of gaining employment. :thup:

I'll tell yer mate, fings would be different if I was in charge  :D

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=10912 time=1576932061 user_id=87
Thank you, I do not discriminate. I live in an area with high unemployment. Last year I wanted a little part time job to keep me going for a little while. It took me about a week to find one, and I am in my 60s. Amazing how many people sit on their ar5e and tell you they can't find a job. Meanwhile the tax payer is looking after them

feckin hell , we have alf garnett on this thread and del boy on the other bumming up blair.

Took you a week to find one? Is there no end to your talents wiggy?

They should be parachuting you in to run the job centres with your wealth of knowledge of gaining employment. :thup:

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=10909 time=1576931136 user_id=48
No not everywhere has sufficient employment for everyone and if everybody moved to the south east where jobs are plentiful how will that work,you know nothing about many parts of this country or the people who live there but when you do comment its in the usual despicable manner you reserve for others like the disabled.

Totally agree with you cromwell.

Despite all the guff about england/uk being the 6th biggest economy ( and falling over the medium to long term) , every single review of how the uk economy works shows this conservative idea of getting on yer bike looking for work in other areas is in fact the biggest load of auld bollocks out there.

Unlike many of the big economies around the world or in europe , most countries tend to spread business and finance around , whereas as we know england/uk concentrates this in the south east.

Most of the money gets pumped into the south east , to the detriment of most other areas which is why the tories repeatedly go on about listening to the north and turning it into a northern powerhouse which never seems to happen.

The south east as we have discussed drains money from the rest of the uk , and then brags about how much money it makes.

If the same level of business , finance and investment was pumped into or moved to the north west of england for example to the detriment of the rest , you could then say the same to all the auld cockney sparras to get on their bike and move to manchester and hold them in the same derision as they hold you.

Its been a fact of history going back to at least the days of james 6th taking your throne , that the english establishment in london and the south has always ignored it hinterlands to their detriment and concentrated all its money in the south east , draining vast wealth and resources from the north and west in the process.

We at least have a chance of escaping this brutal never ending cycle while you appear to be told its the natural order of things and have to lump it.

Wiggles

Quote from: cromwell post_id=10909 time=1576931136 user_id=48
No not everywhere has sufficient employment for everyone and if everybody moved to the south east where jobs are plentiful how will that work,you know nothing about many parts of this country or the people who live there but when you do comment its in the usual despicable manner you reserve for others like the disabled.

Thank you, I do not discriminate. I live in an area with high unemployment. Last year I wanted a little part time job to keep me going for a little while. It took me about a week to find one, and I am in my 60s. Amazing how many people sit on their ar5e and tell you they can't find a job. Meanwhile the tax payer is looking after them