Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10144 time=1576430527 user_id=89
Thanks but frankly he is beyond offensive he is sick in the head.

Your being emotive, rather than logical. If he doesn't have arms or legs, and is incapable of doing anything for himself, then I would like to take you back to my thread regarding euthanasia.  However, I am guessing that the person in question has been given prosthetic limbs enabling him to live some sort of life, in which case I would presume he can carry out most day to day tasks. Presuming I am correct (and in general I am) he would be able to carry out work in a call centre.
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=10147 time=1576431578 user_id=49
Wiggles I'd like to see someone tie your legs and hands up and see how easy you fond it to do anything. Bet you couldn't.

If he gobs off in public how he does on this forum I surprised that has not happened yet, (or worse.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Bright Young Thing

Wiggles I'd like to see someone tie your legs and hands up and see how easy you find it to do anything. Bet you can't.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=10140 time=1576428982 user_id=51
You are being deliberately offensive.

Thanks but frankly he is beyond offensive he is sick in the head.

Barry

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=10139 time=1576428769 user_id=87
If he can't work in a call centre, he can't feed himself, he can't dress himself, and certainly can't wipe his arse, but I bet he does. Working in a call centre would be far less of a challenge than the challenges he already has. Stop finding reasons why people can't contribute, and start looking for reasons how they can

You are being deliberately offensive.
† The end is nigh †

Wiggles

Quote from: Barry post_id=10137 time=1576428287 user_id=51
I was just trying to figure out how a man with no arms or legs could work in a call centre. I can't really work that one out and I haven't even started thinking about how he will travel to and from work.

It's just your idea of humorous trolling is it?  :thdwn:

If he can't work in a call centre, he can't feed himself, he can't dress himself, and certainly can't wipe his arse, but I bet he does. Working in a call centre would be far less of a challenge than the challenges he already has. Stop finding reasons why people can't contribute, and start looking for reasons how they can

Barry

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=10131 time=1576427108 user_id=87
What would stop him doing a call centre job?

I was just trying to figure out how a man with no arms or legs could work in a call centre. I can't really work that one out and I haven't even started thinking about how he will travel to and from work.

It's just your idea of humorous trolling is it?  :thdwn:
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=10133 time=1576427858 user_id=87
Why for God's sake. Anybody capable of doing some kind of work should be contributing towards society. We need to be more inclusive when it comes to disabled people, and I would like to think you would agree with that.

OK smart arse just what job can someone born with no legs and no arms do? (You are either trolling or very nasty or both.)

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10132 time=1576427368 user_id=89
You really are beyond the effing pale.

Why for God's sake. Anybody capable of doing some kind of work should be contributing towards society. We need to be more inclusive when it comes to disabled people, and I would like to think you would agree with that.

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=10131 time=1576427108 user_id=87

You really are beyond the effing pale.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10046 time=1576400907 user_id=89
It only gets mentioned because of the rarity of such cases.

The many cases like this one rarely get a public airing:-

https://welfareweekly.com/man-born-without-arms-or-legs-told-to-prove-he-is-disabled-enough-for-benefits/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+welfareweekly+%28Welfare+Weekly%29">https://welfareweekly.com/man-born-with ... +Weekly%29">https://welfareweekly.com/man-born-without-arms-or-legs-told-to-prove-he-is-disabled-enough-for-benefits/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+welfareweekly+%28Welfare+Weekly%29

A 58-year-old disabled man says he has been ordered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide proof of his disability, despite being born without arms or legs, it has been reported.

Kevin Donnellon is among 2,000 UK babies who were born with severe deformaties and other disabilities caused by the morning sickness drug Thalidomide. Only one in four of these people have survived into their 50's.

Despite this, Kevin was asked to complete a questionnaire in order to receive the main benefit for chronically sick and disabled people, Personal Independence Payment (PIP) – which is replacing Disability Living Allowance for all working-age adults in the UK.

Kevin was shocked to have been sent the 24-page form for PIP, and has lashed out against the UK Government's cruel welfare reforms for unfairly targeting disabled people.

"It's not like my arms and legs have grown", he said.

Thomas

interesting article here. Nick morgan saying that the extra nurses the tories and johnson promised wont be in place for ten years.

Boris Johnson's promise to employ an extra 50,000 NHS nurses has unravelled further after a cabinet minister suggested that the pledge would not be met for 10 years.

Nick Morgan, the culture secretary, said the additional nurses would be in place "if you look in 10 years' time" and struggled to explain how the government would convince current nurses not to leave.

It comes after the Tories were criticised when it emerged that 18,500 of the 50,000 extra nurses promised in their election manifesto would not be new recruits but simply existing staff that the government will try to persuade to stay in the NHS. Labour said the claim was "fake" and "frankly deceitful".

Ms Morgan's further suggestion that the pledge will not to be met in the next five years is likely to fuel claims that the Conservatives are making manifesto pledges that they are not planning to deliver in the next parliament,
[/b]

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-general-election-nurses-nhs-tories-latest-Nick-morgan-a9216506.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 16506.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-general-election-nurses-nhs-tories-latest-Nick-morgan-a9216506.html
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=10077 time=1576412016 user_id=51
I can see how that happened. The DWP are dealing with hundreds of thousands of conversions from ESA to Universal Credit and thousands of conversions from DLA to PIP, for which they need to send out a new form for all existing claimants. The forms got sent out without review.

The 58 year old thalidomide victim, Kevin, decided to make a thing of that and welfare weekly took on the case with relish.

Nothing to do with evil Tories, nor evil DWP staff since 2010 (same staff as 2009).

No, just administrative changes on a very large scale.

It is happening because the DWP are not looking at their own records, if they bothered to check the hundreds of thousands of people being effected could be transferred seamlessly with no need of form filling or reassessment.

Churchill

That mans problem has been sorted out he is now on 10 year interval medical reviews
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10046 time=1576400907 user_id=89
It only gets mentioned because of the rarity of such cases.

The many cases like this one rarely get a public airing:-

https://welfareweekly.com/man-born-without-arms-or-legs-told-to-prove-he-is-disabled-enough-for-benefits/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+welfareweekly+%28Welfare+Weekly%29">https://welfareweekly.com/man-born-with ... +Weekly%29">https://welfareweekly.com/man-born-without-arms-or-legs-told-to-prove-he-is-disabled-enough-for-benefits/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+welfareweekly+%28Welfare+Weekly%29

A 58-year-old disabled man says he has been ordered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide proof of his disability, despite being born without arms or legs, it has been reported.

Kevin Donnellon is among 2,000 UK babies who were born with severe deformaties and other disabilities caused by the morning sickness drug Thalidomide. Only one in four of these people have survived into their 50's.

Despite this, Kevin was asked to complete a questionnaire in order to receive the main benefit for chronically sick and disabled people, Personal Independence Payment (PIP) – which is replacing Disability Living Allowance for all working-age adults in the UK.

Kevin was shocked to have been sent the 24-page form for PIP, and has lashed out against the UK Government's cruel welfare reforms for unfairly targeting disabled people.

"It's not like my arms and legs have grown", he said.

I can see how that happened. The DWP are dealing with hundreds of thousands of conversions from ESA to Universal Credit and thousands of conversions from DLA to PIP, for which they need to send out a new form for all existing claimants. The forms got sent out without review.

The 58 year old thalidomide victim, Kevin, decided to make a thing of that and welfare weekly took on the case with relish.

Nothing to do with evil Tories, nor evil DWP staff since 2010 (same staff as 2009).

No, just administrative changes on a very large scale.
† The end is nigh †