Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

Calico Jack

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8843 time=1575920031 user_id=89
It isn't Labour they fear in the UK, I won't state the obvious in who they have to fear as it is an unpleasant truth. France has the same problem and Synagogues now often have armed guards.

I think the question which needs answering is who  is carrying out threats or attacks on Jews. They've lived here for hundreds of years and never caused any trouble or carried out a terrorist attack. Why would British people suddenly turn on them?

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8835 time=1575918355 user_id=69
Today one of my neighbours popped over got a coffee and chat he runs his own small business for home sorting out computer problems etc two of his customers who live locally within a five minute walk, both Jewish  have left the UK with their families to live in Israel, because they fear for their safety in the UK.

It isn't Labour they fear in the UK, I won't state the obvious in who they have to fear as it is an unpleasant truth. France has the same problem and Synagogues now often have armed guards.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

Exactly persecuted for two thousand years
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8835 time=1575918355 user_id=69
Today one of my neighbours popped over got a coffee and chat he runs his own small business for home sorting out computer problems etc two of his customers who live locally within a five minute walk, both Jewish  have left the UK with their families to live in Israel, because they fear for their safety in the UK.

It's one reason the population of Israel has grown by more than 10 times since 1948, now at 9 million. They have never been free of persecution.
† The end is nigh †

Churchill

Quote from: Borchester post_id=8829 time=1575916758 user_id=62
So if everyone is beating upelderly Jews it is ok for the Labour party to do the same?

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=8829 time=1575916758 user_id=62
So if everyone is beating upelderly Jews it is ok for the Labour party to do the same?

It is somewhat odd when there are neo Nazis spread throughout the population for all the ire to be aimed at Labour when they are no worse than any other group in society.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Calico Jack" post_id=8793 time=1575900331 user_id=101
I just quote the facts as reported. If you disagree with them write to the publisher of the original article.

Its funny isn't it, that when someone posts a DM link, several posters descend on it like locusts crying dishonesty [at best], yet when another publication engages in a similar reporting style, but is 'on message' [eg anything that portrays the Tories negatively], then they have nothing to say?

How does that work for "just quoting the facts" then? Is there a liberal left panel somewhere that decides what "facts" are actually facts?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8789 time=1575895513 user_id=89
But there is NOTHING to show that Labour are any worse than society at Large, I given what is staring to get a public airing recently the same applies to the Tories.

Algerie Francais !

Calico Jack

Quote from: Barry post_id=8772 time=1575889155 user_id=51
You already posted this once but you failed to engage when I asked you a question:

You see you picked on an article which has headlines which don't fit what she actually said. Then, when challenged, you don't engage, because you know there is really not a great deal of substance to your claim.

You are just mud slinging. And repeating it because the election is getting close?

I just quote the facts as reported. If you disagree with them write to the publisher of the original article.

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=8787 time=1575895326 user_id=70
Correction: you're doing what you allege Tories are doing.

The public's memories of Labour's attitudes to Jewish members and the way elderly Jewish members have been roughly ejected from Conference show the allegations of Labour's institutionalised antisemitism are believed...

But there is NOTHING to show that Labour are any worse than society at Large, I given what is staring to get a public airing recently the same applies to the Tories.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8785 time=1575894607 user_id=89
I am doing the same thing as the rabid Tories do when referring to antisemitism and Labour. (Which despite all the lies propaganda and spin those allegations amount to 0.01% of the Labour party membership.)

Correction: you're doing what you allege Tories are doing.

The public's memories of Labour's attitudes to Jewish members and the way elderly Jewish members have been roughly ejected from Conference show the allegations of Labour's institutionalised antisemitism are believed...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=8783 time=1575893993 user_id=70
You've slanted the story by omitting the important fact that allegations are being investigated:

I am doing the same thing as the rabid Tories do when referring to antisemitism and Labour. (Which despite all the lies propaganda and spin those allegations amount to 0.01% of the Labour party membership.)

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8769 time=1575883481 user_id=89
That does not detract from what callous bastards the Tories and the DWP and DWP contractors are.

The meaning of that post is lost on you.

Anyway, you're the first to complain about the Daily Wail, yet here we have an example of over-dramatising by the Metro on what are allegations, yet you are all over it like a wasp round a jam jar. No protests about made up for impact news items there then. Hypocrisy much.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8775 time=1575891636 user_id=89
Well Sally-Ann Hart, who is standing as a Tory candidate is being investigated for antisemitism:-

More at link:-

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-07/three-tory-candidates-face-party-probe-over-anti-semitism-allegations/">https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-07/thr ... legations/">https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-07/three-tory-candidates-face-party-probe-over-anti-semitism-allegations/

7 December 2019 at 5:16pm

Three Tory candidates face party probe over anti-Semitism allegations

Sally-Ann Hart, who is standing as a Tory candidate in Amber Rudd's former Hastings and Rye seat, shared a video in 2017 which implied Jewish philanthropist George Soros controls the EU.

St Helens South and Whiston candidate Richard Short questioned in a tweet in 2013 whether journalist Melanie Phillips's allegiance was to the UK or Israel.

And Lee Anderson, who is running in Ashfield and Eastwood, is said to be an active member of a Facebook group where Soros conspiracies are promoted.

A Conservative Party spokeswoman said: "These matters are being investigated.

"Discrimination or abuse of any kind is wrong, and the Conservative Party takes decisive action to deal with any incidents of hatred, abuse or intimidation.

"We are committed to stamping out the scourge of anti-Semitism in our society and supporting our Jewish community.

You've slanted the story by omitting the important fact that allegations are being investigated:

One shared a video that implied George Soros controls the EU. Another questioned whether journalist Melanie Phillips's allegiance was to the UK or Israel. The third is said to be an active member of a Facebook group promoting Soros conspiracy theories.

They've not been photographed beside terrorists' graves honoring them, or caught inviting terrorists to address meetings...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Churchill

Yes three Tory Candidates are being investigated on the other side of the coin, according to the Labour Party's Discipline Team who told Corbyn a long time ago 130 Labour Party members who are suspected of being anti-Semites still have not been dealt with yet