Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=8290 time=1575469893 user_id=87
Yes, I am aware of this. My point is that disabled people should not receive enough money so a car can be leased with it.

You really are an idiot, the car is in many cases so they can get too and from work. Without the car they can't.

So because of your pig ignorance of the system you would much rather disabled people should be trapped at home with no means of leaving it.

You really are a nasty bastard.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Wiggles

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=8285 time=1575467800 user_id=70
But vehicles are still paid for out of additional allowances. These can be:

Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)

Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)

Cars can cost less than the individual's mobility allowance, or can cost all of the individual's mobility allowance — some 300 models are available in these categories. In addition there are vehicles that can cost all of the individual's mobility allowance and require extra to be paid up front. It's a good scheme that can also provide vehicles for/to able-bodied appointee-carers...

Yes, I am aware of this. My point is that disabled people should not receive enough money so a car can be leased with it. I believe disabled people should get free bus passes, and possibly a few tokens to be used with local taxi firms. Just looking out the window to my left at my neighbors brand new Ford mobility car that was collected yesterday. On the other side my neighbor has a ten year old Citroen, but him and his wife made the mistake of working for a living. The fact is that if people on Mobility allowance can afford to spend the entire lot on a new car, they must surely have enough left to live a comfortable life, which surely means they are being given to much. Like I said before, the people who have just picked up their new car have two foreign holidays a year, they shop in M&S food hall, and they have a beautiful two bed bungalow that is privately rented and funded by the tax payer. I like these people, they are my neighbors, but that doesn't excuse the fact they are given far to much.
A hand up, not a hand out

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8283 time=1575467696 user_id=89
So do the 90% of people who are wrong and waste the benefits fraud investigation teams time.

Basically you know eff all about the way disability benefits are administered, the fatally flawed (all too often literally ) assessment system and the VERY hostile DWP/JobCentre Plus and DWP contractors involved.

If it were down to me people like you should be forced to attend disability awareness and how the benefits system works classes, tied to chair and with your eyes taped open.

People like you disgust me. Why you are so effing nasty and ill informed is something you really do need to explain.

I have said nothing nasty about genuine disabled people, and find it strange you are defending the one's that feign illness to receive theirs. It's no good telling me they don't exist, because I know several myself.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8259 time=1575454425 user_id=89
Not you as well Motability cars are leased using a qualifying disability benefit they are also often modified for the specific needs of the disabled person and the modifications have to meet construction and use regulations.

If he gobs off in public how he does on here it is only a matter of time before he will end up needing disability benefits.

But vehicles are still paid for out of additional allowances. These can be:

Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)

Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)

Cars can cost less than the individual's mobility allowance, or can cost all of the individual's mobility allowance — some 300 models are available in these categories. In addition there are vehicles that can cost all of the individual's mobility allowance and require extra to be paid up front. It's a good scheme that can also provide vehicles for/to able-bodied appointee-carers...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=8282 time=1575467018 user_id=87
 I happen to believe that there are a lot of claimants feigning disability,

So do the 90% of people who are wrong and waste the benefits fraud investigation teams time.

Basically you know eff all about the way disability benefits are administered, the fatally flawed (all too often literally ) assessment system and the VERY hostile DWP/JobCentre Plus and DWP contractors involved.

If it were down to me people like you should be forced to attend disability awareness and how the benefits system works classes, tied to chair and with your eyes taped open.

People like you disgust me. Why you are so effing nasty and ill informed is something you really do need to explain.

Wiggles

Quote from: "Calico Jack" post_id=8255 time=1575451235 user_id=101
It's obviously a total waste of time talking to you. You're just an attention seeking wind up merchant. Probably earning the minimum wage, paying a pittance in income tax anyway and envious because someone  has something you can't afford. Go and get run over and you might qualify for a Blue Badge and to hire a car from Motability. ;)

No. My wife and worked very hard and saved. At 57 I retired and moved to the coast, I am now 62. We live off of our savings until our two private and state pensions cut in.

I don't know what your so upset about. I happen to believe that there are a lot of claimants feigning disability, and also believe the benefits system is far to generous. You think otherwise, that's just life my friend, we can't all agree with each other.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Calico Jack" post_id=8255 time=1575451235 user_id=101
 Go and get run over and you might qualify for a Blue Badge and to hire a car from Motability. ;)

Not you as well Motability cars are leased using a qualifying disability benefit they are also often modified for the specific needs of the disabled person and the modifications have to meet construction and use regulations.

If he gobs off in public how he does on here it is only a matter of time before he will end up needing disability benefits.

Calico Jack

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=8233 time=1575405029 user_id=87
Ummm, you haven't really grasped the principal of debating, have you. Short of giving names and addresses, I have given you several examples of people who live very well off of the welfare state, and I could give you more. It isn't just me, stop most people in the street, and they will give you there own examples. The only people who don't work or are disabled in this country that don't do well, are those so ignorant they can't fill in the necessary forms. Have a look around any town/city centre. The streets are lined with cars parked on double yellow lines. Each car has a blue badge perched on the dashboard, and indefinitely these cars are cars paid for the tax payers of this country, yet you still claim the NON contributors of this country have a hard time. Come on, wake up and smell the coffee !

It's obviously a total waste of time talking to you. You're just an attention seeking wind up merchant. Probably earning the minimum wage, paying a pittance in income tax anyway and envious because someone  has something you can't afford. Go and get run over and you might qualify for a Blue Badge and to hire a car from Motability. ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=8246 time=1575416926 user_id=48
Social workers? where I live they've all been laid off and services privatised,yeah and what you say is great (for those more able) but there are some unable or too vulnerable for the workplace,sadly someone thought it a great idea to shut remploy.

In the aftermath of a tragic case in Devon recently one farmer attacked, three people killed by a criminally insane person who had been arrested and let out after being arrested for attacking the farmer a G4S doctor had examined him before his release from custody.

After the court case a senior Devon and Cornwall police officer stated that sometimes an entire shift of police officers are dealing with people with mental health problems. (There are very little mental health facilities in Devon and Cornwall for the police to pass mentally ill people on to after arrest.)

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=8245 time=1575416161 user_id=62
The first duty of any civilised society is the protection of its women, young and those who aren't firing all cylinders be they physical or mental. There is still a lot to be done, but as someone who can remember when nothing was, I have hopes for the future.

When I worked for HMRC I was involved in getting the physically and mentally handicapped into the workplace. We were happy to help and they were pleased to have some structure to their lives. Once in a while we came across social workers who seemed to think it a revolutionary act to condemn the poor b*stards to a lifetime on benefits and going mad in front of a TV set, but happily this did not happen very often.

Social workers? where I live they've all been laid off and services privatised,yeah and what you say is great (for those more able) but there are some unable or too vulnerable for the workplace,sadly someone thought it a great idea to shut remploy.

You may have hopes for the future but the truth is here and now things have gone backwards and radically and it's very different from when you were at hmrc.

I have no real beef with you Borchester,can't say the same for all.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=8244 time=1575414535 user_id=48
Is he?for some maybe.

Anyone on here aware of how people with learning disabilities and sometimes physical disabilities too are being stripped of almost every last penny by cash strapped councils.

Those at the bottom of the heap with few aware or even bothered to defend them,people like wiggles are an embarrassment to humanity no not just an embarrassment a bloody disgrace who don't give a rats arse about debate but are here on the wind up.

Talk of enforced euthanasia and people being required to live a basic existence,maybe  he finds it entertaining,I don't and despite the fact smurfy does often go ott in the case of this individual he ain't far wrong

The first duty of any civilised society is the protection of its women, young and those who aren't firing all cylinders be they physical or mental. There is still a lot to be done, but as someone who can remember when nothing was, I have hopes for the future.

When I worked for HMRC I was involved in getting the physically and mentally handicapped into the workplace. We were happy to help and they were pleased to have some structure to their lives. Once in a while we came across social workers who seemed to think it a revolutionary act to condemn the poor b*stards to a lifetime on benefits and going mad in front of a TV set, but happily this did not happen very often.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=8224 time=1575401740 user_id=62
I have noted that when cornered Pappy's responses seem to be cowardly, spiteful and worse, ill informed.

My wife has a disability allowance, state pension and various other odds and sods with the only downside being that she has to put up with me. I could probably claim carer's allowance but I can't be arsed. The lass downstairs gets pretty much the same as we do plus a rent free flat.

I am not into Wiggles idea of giving every on benefits a canister of Zyklon B for Christmas, but he is on the money when he says the money isn't so bad.

Is he?for some maybe.

Anyone on here aware of how people with learning disabilities and sometimes physical disabilities too are being stripped of almost every last penny by cash strapped councils.

Those at the bottom of the heap with few aware or even bothered to defend them,people like wiggles are an embarrassment to humanity no not just an embarrassment a bloody disgrace who don't give a rats arse about debate but are here on the wind up.

Talk of enforced euthanasia and people being required to live a basic existence,maybe  he finds it entertaining,I don't and despite the fact smurfy does often go ott in the case of this individual he ain't far wrong.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8211 time=1575398347 user_id=89
It was an anecdote full of lies. (If you actually knew anything about Motability you would not have lied like that.)

Ummm, you haven't really grasped the principal of debating, have you. Short of giving names and addresses, I have given you several examples of people who live very well off of the welfare state, and I could give you more. It isn't just me, stop most people in the street, and they will give you there own examples. The only people who don't work or are disabled in this country that don't do well, are those so ignorant they can't fill in the necessary forms. Have a look around any town/city centre. The streets are lined with cars parked on double yellow lines. Each car has a blue badge perched on the dashboard, and indefinitely these cars are cars paid for the tax payers of this country, yet you still claim the NON contributors of this country have a hard time. Come on, wake up and smell the coffee !

Churchill

Its a bit of fun, sadly some take themselves far too seriously too tightly wrapped :lol:  :lol:
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8227 time=1575402301 user_id=89
He seems to have no idea who reads this forum or who the members are.

That's quite funny, really. With the exception of about 3 members, JoG being one who is open about who he is, and two others, I really have no idea who the other 50 odd are and, to be honest, I don't need to.

What was your point? Who cares who the forum members are? It's just a talking shop hobby for people who like to drub on about politics.
† The end is nigh †