OK sometimes you can write a good piece

Started by Sheepy, November 29, 2020, 02:17:55 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 30, 2020, 08:13:05 AM

I suppose my problem with this twats definition is the middle class from whom most professionals arose as I knew them in my boyhood ALL had some form of servants, even the Asian ones that fled here from Uganda had house boys...  and today only Saudis and merchant bankers can afford such luxuries.

A bit off the subject but my daughter is a middle class Cardiff leftie academic and a while back my wife said gently, "Christ you are a slut and your home a pig sty. If you really want to help the underprivileged help the rats write letters to the Department of Health"

Madam2 threw a strop at her mother's wise observation but did not balk at the offer of a cleaner, who is probably still there because we are still paying. But the bit that gets me is when her Commie friends aren't plotting the coming revolution, they are moaning about the servants scoffing the custard creams.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on November 30, 2020, 04:38:46 PM

...but labour love the underclass sheep.

Thats exactly the type they want.

For years in glasgow , they loved the underclass , kept like mushrooms , fed on shit like murder drugs drink  and fitba , with the carrot constantly being dangled in front of people of "vote labour for a better world tomorrow" that never ever arrived.

Bearing in mind in glasgow itself , labour were in charge for something like 80  odd years going back to the days of the old glasgow corporation between the world wars.

Labour pay much lip service to what would once have been classed as the old style working class , but today despise them. As soon as the old style working class , ranging from my age group to deppitys and cromwell , across cities such as britstol , newcastle manchester and glesga , got a sniff of a decent job and a decent wage , moved somewhere bit more upmarket and away from all the old sink estates , the scales dropped from our eyes and we started voting other parties.

Meanwhile , back on the sink estates in places like london , the "underclass" are the voting fodder for the likes of starmer.

The old working class has long abandoned labour north  of the watford gap , they are the party of the few pockets of underclass on the sink estates and the  elite urban metropolitans in london.

They are so far out of touch of people like cromwell in mank land and deppity in geordie land never mind scotland or wales that they may as well be on the other side of the universe.

Yeah right, not even the underclsss buy it any longer. So now they are back at selling different cobblers.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on November 30, 2020, 12:12:30 PM
Can't blame them though Thomas, the under clarse are robbing everyone else, stabbing everyone else or having a riot, the working clarse have no jobs and or are poorly paid anyway with a weekly visit to the food bank, while they have families to look after, they don't know if they want to be commies,graduate commies or just plain old commies, or like half of them, just have a meltdown and end up gibbering wrecks like a good many of them are already. But don't you worry the great leaders have another plan to cure all your woes in the pipeline, well OK the last one was a bit of a disaster for the majority of people, but oh this one will be so much better, the children of the corn will put this new plan into action and all live happily ever after in this new found utopia. You just need to resign yourself to it.

...but labour love the underclass sheep.

Thats exactly the type they want.

For years in glasgow , they loved the underclass , kept like mushrooms , fed on shit like murder drugs drink  and fitba , with the carrot constantly being dangled in front of people of "vote labour for a better world tomorrow" that never ever arrived.

Bearing in mind in glasgow itself , labour were in charge for something like 80  odd years going back to the days of the old glasgow corporation between the world wars.

Labour pay much lip service to what would once have been classed as the old style working class , but today despise them. As soon as the old style working class , ranging from my age group to deppitys and cromwell , across cities such as britstol , newcastle manchester and glesga , got a sniff of a decent job and a decent wage , moved somewhere bit more upmarket and away from all the old sink estates , the scales dropped from our eyes and we started voting other parties.

Meanwhile , back on the sink estates in places like london , the "underclass" are the voting fodder for the likes of starmer.

The old working class has long abandoned labour north  of the watford gap , they are the party of the few pockets of underclass on the sink estates and the  elite urban metropolitans in london.

They are so far out of touch of people like cromwell in mank land and deppity in geordie land never mind scotland or wales that they may as well be on the other side of the universe.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on November 30, 2020, 07:49:45 AM

Fancy name for the new ruling class or some shit like that john.

If they have money or own property , no matter what they are called all the lefties like dyno and sensitive steve etc will hate them.
Can't blame them though Thomas, the under clarse are robbing everyone else, stabbing everyone else or having a riot, the working clarse have no jobs and or are poorly paid anyway with a weekly visit to the food bank, while they have families to look after, they don't know if they want to be commies,graduate commies or just plain old commies, or like half of them, just have a meltdown and end up gibbering wrecks like a good many of them are already. But don't you worry the great leaders have another plan to cure all your woes in the pipeline, well OK the last one was a bit of a disaster for the majority of people, but oh this one will be so much better, the children of the corn will put this new plan into action and all live happily ever after in this new found utopia. You just need to resign yourself to it.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on November 29, 2020, 08:07:42 PM
I don't think Starmer is interested in anything other than the metropolitans
Well you know how it is, who gives a flying one about the working clarse or even the under clarse, Sir Starmer has much bigger fish to fry, not only that T Blair redefined it all anyway, when he said we are all middle class now. So now we are all upper clarse. You just got to stretch your imagination a little. Like a royal we.

Sheepy

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on November 29, 2020, 10:19:32 PM
Dunno, but I bet the guardian Professional managerial middle class have something to say about it.

I don't know how I missed that.

Ah well.

I suppose my problem with this twats definition is the middle class from whom most professionals arose as I knew them in my boyhood ALL had some form of servants, even the Asian ones that fled here from Uganda had house boys...  and today only Saudis and merchant bankers can afford such luxuries.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 29, 2020, 09:53:26 PM

What, pray, is the PMC ?

Quote What's more, the new Left is afraid to analyse its own class faction and its relationship to what Barbara Ehrenreich called the professional-managerial class (PMC)
The professional-managerial class was an influential new class hypothesis in social science in the United States in the 1970s by John and Barbara Ehrenreich.[1] The Ehrenreichs hypothesized a social class within capitalism that, by controlling production processes through superior management skills, was neither proletarian nor bourgeois. This hypothesis contributed to the Marxist debates on class in Fordism and was used as an analytical category in the examination of non-proletarian employees.

This group of middle class professionals is distinguished from other social classes by their training and education, typically business qualifications and university degrees,[2] with occupations including academics, teachers, social workers, engineers, managers, nurses, and middle-level administrators.[3] The professional-managerial class tends to have incomes above the average for their country.[4]

It is estimated that in the 1930s United States people in professional-managerial class occupations made up less than 1 percent of total employment. In 1972, about 24 percent of American jobs were in professional-managerial class occupations. By 1983 the number had risen to 28 percent and in 2006, 35 percent.[5]

James Burnham proposed the existence of a similar class in his 1941 book, The Managerial Revolution, and argued that they had become the new ruling class

Fancy name for the new ruling class or some shit like that john.

If they have money or own property , no matter what they are called all the lefties like dyno and sensitive steve etc will hate them.

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 29, 2020, 09:53:26 PM

What, pray, is the PMC ?

Dunno, but I bet the guardian Professional managerial middle class have something to say about it.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on November 29, 2020, 08:10:59 PM
You might want to read that article then that basically says the same thing , having given up on winning over the working class the left wing london loonies are trying to redefine the meaning.

What, pray, is the PMC ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 29, 2020, 08:07:42 PM

You might want to read that article then that basically says the same thing , having given up on winning over the working class the left wing london loonies are trying to redefine the meaning.

Thomas

Who are the new anglo left "working class"?????
Until a few months ago, Hackney was my borough. If you're under 40 in Hackney, you likely have no capital, no assets, and no permanent home in the world. 40% of your monthly income is spent on a bedroom in a cramped houseshare in Dalston and the landlord won't fix the mould; it doesn't matter what job you do (though most are bullshit anyway), any talk of 'elite urban metropolitans' will sound like foaming at the mouth. Mimicking Norman Tebbit by suggesting they 'get on their bike' and move to Barrow-in-Furness won't cut it. These are the 'graduates without a future' I described last week and they are worth taking seriously.

What is less serious, however, is the suggestion that they are the new working class. Having given up on winning over the working class, the Left has chosen instead to redefine the term in its own image. What's more, the new Left is afraid to analyse its own class faction and its relationship to what Barbara Ehrenreich called the professional-managerial class (PMC), who have long since usurped the propertied bourgeoisie as the dominant ruling class faction.

The astonishing over-representation of humanities and arts graduates from elite universities in the Left is often the subject of coy jokes, but never confronted for what it really means. It is true that most in their 20s and 30s are without assets, but many can fall back on the safety of their upbringing and the prospect of future inheritance. They live in cosmopolitan cities with well-funded services and a lively culture; and they work in upwardly mobile professions with some foothold in that culture. In short, when does the graduate without a future become a fully signed up member of the PMC? The ladder between the two is not without pitfalls, but much of the Left stands firmly on its upper rungs.

From a distance, it is hard to distinguish this activist-graduate class from the: "nearly hereditary professional caste of lawyers, journalists, publicists, and intellectuals, an increasingly hereditary caste of politicians, [and a] tight coteries of cultural movers-and-shakers richly sponsored by multinational corporations who constitute the PMC".

https://unherd.com/thepost/no-urban-graduates-are-not-the-new-working-class/

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on November 29, 2020, 07:55:11 PM
Another day , another pr disaster for poor auld ricky leopard and the labour party in scotland.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18907368.richard-leonard-forced-grovelling-apology-soup-kitchen-tweet/

It really is getting embarressing now.

In some of the recent by elections they have polled just above the greens.

I dont think starmer is interested in jockland.

He seems to be leaving leonard in place as no one else wants the job and they all think the scottish are a lost cause , so let ricky , corbyns mate ,  take all the flak while the big boss down in london concentrates on holding his party together as it threatens to rip itself apart.

couldnt happen to a nicer party.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

QuoteLabour civil war: Declaration of 'no confidence' in Starmer as Corbyn takes him to court
JEREMY CORBYN is to start legal action against the Labour party following Sir Keir Starmer's decision to suspend the party whip.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1365159/jeremy-corbyn-legal-action-keir-starmer-labour-party-whip-latest

Thomas

Another day , another pr disaster for poor auld ricky leopard and the labour party in scotland.

QuoteRichard Leonard forced into grovelling apology over soup kitchen tweet

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18907368.richard-leonard-forced-grovelling-apology-soup-kitchen-tweet/

It really is getting embarressing now.

In some of the recent by elections they have polled just above the greens.

QuotePerth City South:

SNP 32.9% (+5.2)
Liberal Democrats 31.6% (-3.1)
Conservatives 29.4% (+4.2)
Labour 3.5% (-2.9)
Greens 2.3% (-0.8)
UKIP 0.3% (n/a)

QuotePerth City North:

SNP 61.0% (+12.5)
Conservatives 22.9% (-2.7)
Labour 9.5% (-6.3)
Liberal Democrats 3.9% (+0.4)
Greens 2.6% (n/a)

I dont think starmer is interested in jockland.

He seems to be leaving leonard in place as no one else wants the job and they all think the scottish are a lost cause , so let ricky , corbyns mate ,  take all the flak while the big boss down in london concentrates on holding his party together as it threatens to rip itself apart.

couldnt happen to a nicer party.