How many households for Christmas

Started by T00ts, November 30, 2020, 04:30:55 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on December 01, 2020, 09:28:54 PM
Really, what was that vote about this evening, then?

I quite genuinely have no idea. The powers under which Boris and the T@@@ in the Bay have been given the right to rule by decree had no end date when I looked them up.

Have the backbenchers finally revolted ? If so there is hope for England. Wales is lost.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 01, 2020, 07:31:03 AM

Except that the wankers have already voted to abandon their right to vote on it, and subject themselves to statutory instrument - rule by unvoted on decree - instead.
Really, what was that vote about this evening, then?
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Why is there any confusion?

Guidance
Making a Christmas bubble with friends and family
Published 24 November 2020

Between 23 and 27 December:

you can form an exclusive 'Christmas bubble' composed of people from no more than three households
    you can only be in one Christmas bubble
    you cannot change your Christmas bubble
    you can travel between tiers and UK nations for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble
    you can only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces
    you can continue to meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier where you are staying
    you cannot meet someone in a private dwelling who is not part of your household or Christmas bubble

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2020, 05:17:45 PM
Anything of this nature has to be debated by parliament, so what you are reading will only be proposals.
There is a huge difference between law and guidelines.
If it's guidelines, we can do as we like. If it is law we cannot.

And they make it deliberately ambiguous by using words such as "rules".
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family

Except that the wankers have already voted to abandon their right to vote on it, and subject themselves to statutory instrument - rule by unvoted on decree - instead.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 06:37:33 PM
Your vid is unavailable. Shame because I quite fancied a bit of culture!  ::)

Just click on the link that says watch on YouTube when it locks you out and then you can see it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 30, 2020, 06:33:11 PM
Not a bad idea Toots.

The trouble with Christmas is that these days we can afford it. When I was a lad our parents saved all year and then had a mega blowout for the last week in December and the first in January. But nowadays most of us can do that at any time of the years and what with motor cars that will reach Reading without blowing the radiator, most anywhere and anyone is within a few hours drive. So it really isn't such a big thing.

I am going to miss the Carol Services and seeing Herself going off to Midnight Mass, but otherwise I will settle for a good dinner and a zillion games of monopoly. Maybe we ought to invite that Matt Hancock round? I really reckon that the poor bugger is going to be little Billy No Mates this year. And at least we can watch The Nutcracker in the comfort of our own homes and won't have the rest of the audience huffing a puffing just because I have to pump ship every ten minutes  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLoaMfinbU

Your vid is unavailable. Shame because I quite fancied a bit of culture!  ::)

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 04:30:55 PM

As a matter of interest I have opted out and am planning to have my own merry Christmas very happily at home.

Not a bad idea Toots.

The trouble with Christmas is that these days we can afford it. When I was a lad our parents saved all year and then had a mega blowout for the last week in December and the first in January. But nowadays most of us can do that at any time of the years and what with motor cars that will reach Reading without blowing the radiator, most anywhere and anyone is within a few hours drive. So it really isn't such a big thing.

I am going to miss the Carol Services and seeing Herself going off to Midnight Mass, but otherwise I will settle for a good dinner and a zillion games of monopoly. Maybe we ought to invite that Matt Hancock round? I really reckon that the poor bugger is going to be little Billy No Mates this year. And at least we can watch The Nutcracker in the comfort of our own homes and won't have the rest of the audience huffing a puffing just because I have to pump ship every ten minutes  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLoaMfinbU
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2020, 05:17:45 PM
Anything of this nature has to be debated by parliament, so what you are reading will only be proposals.

Ooooh thank you - that answers the question beautifully  :-*

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I may be getting confused but so far I have (mis) understood that for 5 days over Christmas all restrictions will be relaxed but that a maximum of 3 households can mix. So does that mean that on:-

Christmas Eve - household A can invite family members from 2 other households
Christmas Day - household A can sit down to lunch etc with 2 other family households
Boxing Day - household A go to yet another family household with their in-laws.

That's no more than 3 other household but different ones each day. This question came up over the weekend. Does anyone have a clear answer?

As a matter of interest I have opted out and am planning to have my own merry Christmas very happily at home.