How many households for Christmas

Started by T00ts, November 30, 2020, 04:30:55 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 10:11:59 AM
I wonder what the British people have done to end up with such bunch of morons in government. Apparently according to them a Scotch egg is a substantial meal but a Cornish pasty is not.

That's just your opinion, I am happy with what they're doing as nothing they do affects me one iota.

As for substantial meal, these laws have existed for decades, allowing a 16 to have a drink with a meal. The rules haven't changed and the pubs all know them.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on December 02, 2020, 03:51:04 PM

Sturgeon lands blow after blow on johnson tiemand again ,

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned! She is not someone I would like as an enemy. Ruthless!

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 02, 2020, 03:48:05 PM
It is true.

Starmer has the sense to realise that the only way to get back into power is to drag the brothers and sisters back towards the centre. To be fair, he was not doing too badly.

And then Boris' luck kicked in and this new bug killer has arrived to cure us of coughs, colds and pimples on the belly. So BoJo will ride the crest of the wave of the Chinese flu vaccine and he will have gotten away with it again.

not sure i agree borkie. Using blairs late 20th century tactics to drag labour into the centre ground isnt going to work for starmer.

Blair held the left vote as they had  no where to go , and captured the small c tory vote in southern english marginals .

Whats the point in starmer getting pats vote in hackney while losing cromwell , deppity etc etc in the north of england and losing scotland to the snp?

He isnt going to win 21st century poltics by trying to out tory the tories.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 02, 2020, 09:02:08 AM
I see that Corbyn has reverted to type whilst refusing to lie down and be quiet. He and I think 15 left wingers went through the 'no'  lobby in defiance of Starmer.

That vote yesterday on johnsons english tier system should have been bread and butter stuff for starmer and labour. It should have been a simple vote against government policy , which in turn would have led to a much smaller   government victory and the headlines today of tory rebels and labour making things difficult for johnsons government  , piling the pressure on johnson over his shambolic handling of covid , while ingratuating starmer with the party faithfull and trying to heal divisions in the process.

Instead , is been a pr disaster for starmer and labour.

Starmer has come across as weak and ineffectual , a coward , johnson is laughing at a 200 margin victory , and the magic grandpa wurzel has come across as the hero of the left........voting with the other labour rebels against starmer and the government , appearing principled in the process , and adding to the mystique and legend that is the wurzel.

Even the party faithfull and some of the blairites are now starting to doubt starmers tactics.

...and no wonder when you consider his pathetic record so far.

Failed to stop brexit when remain had a westminster majority , the architect of labours worst election defeat in a century , further adding to the deep divisions wihtin the labour party over his shambolic handling of corbyns anti semtism affair and now episodes like this.

A basic pr stunt that should have made an uncomfortable evening for johnson backfiring on starmer.

I thought ricky leopard was bad in scotland..........but it seems the big boss in the big boys parliament isnt much better.

Sturgeon lands blow after blow on johnson tiemand again , while starmer flounders around looking weak and ineffectual.

Starmer is notheing more than an out of date blairite using out of date 20th century tactics to fight 21st century politics.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 02, 2020, 08:15:15 AM
Well as expected the uk government won the vote , with a few tories voting against to fire a warning shot at johnson.

The interesting thing for me is starmer has taken labour back to where they were under milliband.......the party of abstainers.

The abuse he ws receving on some of the lefty sites i flick through was unbelievable.

I remember the forum member on this site ( good old) who came across as a bit of a blairite , telling me how astute a politician keir starmer is.

Ive yet to see any evidence of this political astuteness.

The man is a complete utter clown who constantly calls bad decisions.

Whatever the future holds for labour , i will be in shock if they achieve anything under sir keir knight of the realm starmer.

Johnson and sturgeon must laugh everytime they see the latest shenanigans in the labour party . Sir keir must give them light hearted comedy relief from their own problems.

It is true.

Starmer has the sense to realise that the only way to get back into power is to drag the brothers and sisters back towards the centre. To be fair, he was not doing too badly.

And then Boris' luck kicked in and this new bug killer has arrived to cure us of coughs, colds and pimples on the belly. So BoJo will ride the crest of the wave of the Chinese flu vaccine and he will have gotten away with it again.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I saw a very good post somewhere which said that "If you have to ask the rules, you are already in their control".
How true. Enjoy and live your lives. Some of us don't have long left, we don't want to live it restricted by Matt Hancock.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 02, 2020, 10:00:18 AM

These statements are being put put by people being paid well over the average wage, sometimes three or four times it, and they deserve a kick in the gonads for this level of obfuscation

I wonder what the British people have done to end up with such bunch of morons in government. Apparently according to them a Scotch egg is a substantial meal but a Cornish pasty is not.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on December 01, 2020, 03:07:51 PM
Why is there any confusion?

Guidance
Making a Christmas bubble with friends and family
Published 24 November 2020

Between 23 and 27 December:

you can form an exclusive 'Christmas bubble' composed of people from no more than three households
    you can only be in one Christmas bubble
    you cannot change your Christmas bubble
    you can travel between tiers and UK nations for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble
    you can only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces
    you can continue to meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier where you are staying
    you cannot meet someone in a private dwelling who is not part of your household or Christmas bubble

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family

You ask "why is there any confusion"

Where do you want me to start ?

I could perhaps say where do those headlines say "what if you are already in a support bubble". I already know the answer to that, I have read the full document. Your extract states categorically that only three households may form a Christmas Bubble, but the fact is, if you read the whole document, half way down, it states equally categorically that where two households are already in a support bubble, such as where you have a single parent or single person in one household who can meet with another for support, those TWO households are considered as ONE for the purpose of the Christmas Bubble and thus it is actually entirely permitted for no less than SIX individual households to be part of the same Christmas Bubble ....

It is the same dogs fucking breakfast as they did with that bullshit telling pubs they could only seat four people at one table whereas in fact, as I pointed out to Mitchell and Butler's management team, the statutory instrument makes it clear this rule of four is no more than what is expected as a norm, and he actual statutory instrument makes it quite clear where five or more individuals over the age of ten live in one household, or in one support bubble, more than four may sit at the same table, and a group of four may bring as many children ten and under as they like.

You might argue these are exceptions. I would point out half our street qualifies for one of those two.

These statements are being put put by people being paid well over the average wage, sometimes three or four times it, and they deserve a kick in the gonads for this level of obfuscation
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 09:22:33 AM
Corbyn no longer has the whip so he can vote how he likes, it was odd to see him and Iain Duncan Smith voting the same way.

LOL true! I hadn't put that together. I just thought it a bit funny that Corbyn is still playing the rebel. He has reverted to type. Perhaps that's why he was such a poor party leader.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 02, 2020, 09:02:08 AM
I see that Corbyn has reverted to type whilst refusing to lie down and be quiet. He and I think 15 left wingers went through the 'no'  lobby in defiance of Starmer.

Corbyn no longer has the whip so he can vote how he likes, it was odd to see him and Iain Duncan Smith voting the same way.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on December 02, 2020, 08:15:15 AM
Well as expected the uk government won the vote , with a few tories voting against to fire a warning shot at johnson.

The interesting thing for me is starmer has taken labour back to where they were under milliband.......the party of abstainers.

The abuse he ws receving on some of the lefty sites i flick through was unbelievable.

I remember the forum member on this site ( good old) who came across as a bit of a blairite , telling me how astute a politician keir starmer is.

Whatever the future holds for labour , i will be in shock if they achieve anything under sir keir knight of the realm starmer.

Johnson and sturgeon must laugh everytime they see the latest shenanigans in the labour party . Sir keir must give them light hearted comedy relief from their own problems.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 01, 2020, 10:56:58 PM
I watched the debate on and off all afternoon and evening and what I couldn't establish was what would happen if BJ lost the vote. He didn't so we are where we are in various tiers in an hour's time. If they had voted it down would we be back to normal tomorrow? I can't believe we would have been. Perhaps it was just a chance for everyone to have a say.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 01, 2020, 09:28:54 PM
Really, what was that vote about this evening, then?
Dunno the one-party state maybe?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 01, 2020, 10:51:24 PM

I quite genuinely have no idea. The powers under which Boris and the T@@@ in the Bay have been given the right to rule by decree had no end date when I looked them up.

Have the backbenchers finally revolted ? If so there is hope for England. Wales is lost.

I watched the debate on and off all afternoon and evening and what I couldn't establish was what would happen if BJ lost the vote. He didn't so we are where we are in various tiers in an hour's time. If they had voted it down would we be back to normal tomorrow? I can't believe we would have been. Perhaps it was just a chance for everyone to have a say.