What did you have for high tea?

Started by Sheepy, November 30, 2020, 05:51:56 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on November 30, 2020, 08:14:30 PM
Toots my wife is an east anglian , and as well as doing some of the finest english sunday roasts , she is also extremely competent at rustling up a little entrecote a la bordelaise washed down with a fine haut medoc .

Imagine my surprise the one and only time i had sunday brunch in manchester...... i was hit with the local delicacy called rag pudding and mushy peas washed down with a glass of vimto.

I nearly passed out .

It was foul.

Lovely folk the mancs , but they havent quite found civilisation yet.
You've never lived if you haven't had steak and cow heel pie  ;)
And you may poke fun but Vimto is exported worldwide
https://www.nicholsplc.co.uk/Home/History
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 08:04:00 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D I was referring only to the breakfast recipe! I wouldn't want to insult a Mod!

Toots my wife is an east anglian , and as well as doing some of the finest english sunday roasts , she is also extremely competent at rustling up a little entrecote a la bordelaise washed down with a fine haut medoc .

Imagine my surprise the one and only time i had sunday brunch in manchester...... i was hit with the local delicacy called rag pudding and mushy peas washed down with a glass of vimto.

I nearly passed out .

It was foul.

Lovely folk the mancs , but they havent quite found civilisation yet.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on November 30, 2020, 07:58:41 PM
I ran out of ossetra caviar tonight , usually served on a monday evening with blinis and sour cream , washed down with champagne straight from the bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag.

Cromwell is a great guy of course , but i once had the utter misfortune to go to a barbecue in manchester toots , and they were anything but upper class.

I was informing the host of the delights of the street i lived in , having two pubs either end and a chippy , and he looked at me in wonder the poor sod and asked "where is this paradise?"

;D ;D ;D ;D I was referring only to the breakfast recipe! I wouldn't want to insult a Mod!

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 07:44:05 PM
That sounds pretty upper class to me - wholemeal or speciality of course.
Lidl upper class? :) :) :)
You know the old joke don't you?
"How do you keep  Giles and Jacinta at the required two metre social distance in waitrose? Carry a lid shopping bag" ;)
Quote from: Thomas on November 30, 2020, 07:58:41 PM
I ran out of ossetra caviar tonight , usually served on a monday evening with blinis and sour cream , washed down with champagne straight from the bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag.

Cromwell is a great guy of course , but i once had the utter misfortune to go to a barbecue in manchester toots , and they were anything but upper class.

I was informing the host of the delights of the street i lived in , having two pubs either end and a chippy , and he looked at me in wonder the poor sod and asked "where is this paradise?"
And you said Govan? :) :) :P

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 07:44:05 PM

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 07:34:20 PM
Him as well? I thought it was only Borchester.

well I hope you don't have leaky tiles, because Borchesters bladder isn't what it once was.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 30, 2020, 07:39:18 PM
Must say favourite breakfast is Lidl sliced smoked salmon (cheap as chips)two brown toast loads of butter with crust on poached egg and ground black pepper.

cromwell

Must say favourite breakfast is Lidl sliced smoked salmon (cheap as chips)two brown toast loads of butter with crust on poached egg and ground black pepper.

Sheepy

QuoteHere on the glasgow riviera in govan
A bit of a confession I burst out laughing, which Mrs Bucket immediately went what are you laughing at.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on November 30, 2020, 07:31:11 PM
He is under the collar putting up Christmas decorations.

Him as well? I thought it was only Borchester.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 07:26:52 PM
I take it you have never had the facility of a boot room. The whips etc are more likely to be found in the tack room, but a boot room is for boots.......oh and dirty dogs!   :D
He is under the collar putting up Christmas decorations.

cromwell

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on November 30, 2020, 07:11:55 PM
I like it Toots leave him in the Boot room, just one thing, what the hell is a boot room, is that where the whips and things are kept?

I take it you have never had the facility of a boot room. The whips etc are more likely to be found in the tack room, but a boot room is for boots.......oh and dirty dogs!   :D

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on November 30, 2020, 07:20:17 PM
Looks ok and I like my tea strong but that looks like mud

Reminds me of one I had to endure with the handbrake years ago in Ubud  served with Chocolate martini . 

Dont knock it till you have tried it   ;)

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 30, 2020, 06:19:21 PM
A very long time ago I had a high tea like this one:-

Looks ok and I like my tea strong but that looks like mud