High cost of postage.

Started by papasmurf, December 01, 2020, 01:22:59 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 02, 2020, 05:30:23 PM

Anyway a heads up , stamps are going up again in the new year so get stocked up as next year its going to be a fiver

No need the mail to Brittany was a one off due to Covid-19.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 07:48:30 AM
We very rarely post any thing, and £4 is a lot of stamps. (Anyway after weighing a label is put on the envelopes, not stamps.)

Yes this is he practice (apparently) at post office counters thats just easier than using stamps . If you know the postage you can stick the stamps on before you go and not hold up the que . :-[ :-[

Anyway a heads up , stamps are going up again in the new year so get stocked up as next year its going to be a fiver 

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2020, 08:55:39 PM
Why are you so rude?

When people make stupid comments they get a rude answer.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 02, 2020, 06:53:28 AM
Yes there was a well publicised price hike last February with the advice being to stock up on stamps .  You must have missed it .

We very rarely post any thing, and £4 is a lot of stamps. (Anyway after weighing a label is put on the envelopes, not stamps.)

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 02, 2020, 06:53:28 AM
Yes there was a well publicised price hike last February with the advice being to stock up on stamps .  You must have missed it .
Yep it got lost in the post  ;D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2020, 01:22:59 PM
Yesterday my wife posted five A4 sized envelopes to Brittany, it cost £4 each. The last time I posted similar it cost £1.79.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2020, 02:45:40 PM
£4 postage per envelope?  Frankly that is outrageous. To buy A4 envelopes is about 10p each.
#
OK, you got me there. I misread your post.
I agree that £4 is extortionate and I blame the Tories.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2020, 01:22:59 PM
Yesterday my wife posted five A4 sized envelopes to Brittany, it cost £4 each. The last time I posted similar it cost £1.79.

That is because you are cheap and did not put enough stamps on the letters so that Britney had to pay the excess postage and which is why she hasn't sent you a Christmas card this year.

Sometimes cheap is stupid.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2020, 07:18:24 PM
What is funny about you not knowing the difference between  Brittany and Britney.

I do know the difference, it wouldn't be funny otherwise.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 01, 2020, 07:00:50 PM
Why have you not got a sense of humour?

What is funny about you not knowing the difference between  Brittany and Britney.

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 01, 2020, 05:29:09 PM
Why is your wife sending letters to 90's pop stars? 😂

Why are you so stupid?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2020, 01:22:59 PMYesterday my wife posted five A4 sized envelopes to Brittany

Why is your wife sending letters to 90's pop stars? 😂

patman post

A4 is more expensive to mail than A5. So if contents can be folded to less than 5mm and weigh no more than 100g, A5 is the way to go.

A4 can weigh up to 750g and be 2.5cm thick — so it's expensive for a few pages but reasonable for a weighty manuscript.

Normal 1st class letter is about to rise to 80p — though if deliveries could be only five days a week (recommended) it might keep cost down...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...