Main Menu

Pfizer vaccine approved

Started by Sheepy, December 02, 2020, 09:34:22 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 02, 2020, 11:52:29 AM
I think you are probably right for this one. I see they are opening all sorts of venues like racecourses etc. It will be a logistical nightmare.

By the time people like me in level four are reached it will be the Oxford vaccine. Which I do have faith in.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 11:44:26 AM
I doubt the Pfizer vaccine will be distributed  to local GP practices, the logistics and handling is frankly a nightmare, given the short shelf life.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54889084

I think you are probably right for this one. I see they are opening all sorts of venues like racecourses etc. It will be a logistical nightmare.

papasmurf

I doubt the Pfizer vaccine will be distributed  to local GP practices, the logistics and handling is frankly a nightmare, given the short shelf life.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54889084

Forum admin

Part of previous thread merged into this as it is an important development worthy of its own.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 02, 2020, 11:03:59 AM
The Oxford vaccine is not yet approved and costs £3 a shot.
The Moderna vaccine is not approved and costs £28 a shot.
The Pfizer vaccine is approved in the UK, (not till January in the EU) and costs £15 a shot.

I wonder who paid the biggest bung or are they really doing it all at cost price?

Anyway those vaccines are winging their way over and those who put their trust in it will be happy. Enjoy!
Exactly Barry, one battle doesn't win a war and apparently Boris is at war, so he keeps telling us, so may the vaccine be all they consider right and proper.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

The Oxford vaccine is not yet approved and costs £3 a shot.
The Moderna vaccine is not approved and costs £28 a shot.
The Pfizer vaccine is approved in the UK, (not till January in the EU) and costs £15 a shot.

I wonder who paid the biggest bung or are they really doing it all at cost price?

Anyway those vaccines are winging their way over and those who put their trust in it will be happy. Enjoy!
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 02, 2020, 09:49:42 AM
@papasmurf

Are you happy to be an early candidate for the vaccine?
Of course, he is, everyone loves a cure. I was just speaking with a nurse, she said great stuff, but not for me thanks.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 02, 2020, 09:49:42 AM
@papasmurf

Early candidate? I am in the 4th level:-

www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-25-september-2020/jcvi-updated-interim-advice-on-priority-groups-for-covid-19-vaccination

1, older adults' resident in a care home and care home workers[footnote 1]
2, all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers[footnote 1]
3, all those 75 years of age and over
4, all those 70 years of age and over
5, all those 65 years of age and over
6, high-risk adults under 65 years of age
7, moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
8, all those 60 years of age and over
9, all those 55 years of age and over
10, all those 50 years of age and over
11, rest of the population (priority to be determined)[footnote 2]

T00ts

@papasmurf

Sheepy

It isn't like other vaccines; this one uses genetic code. So, you are saved and so is the NHS, all good.

Sheepy