Main Menu

Pfizer vaccine approved

Started by Sheepy, December 02, 2020, 09:34:22 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on December 02, 2020, 01:04:33 PM
Ok, how about this.

The first shots should be offered to me and then to Pappy. We are cracking on and not much use, but these new drugs always have nasty side effects so if our dicks fall off the medics can say haha, might need a bit more work on that one. Then once it is up and running it should be offered to the important members of society such as the women and kids and anyone who wants to do a day's work.

ACTUALLY

That is pretty much what they ARE going to do. Well, that and hand out an ID card to prove you've been jabbed
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 02, 2020, 01:04:33 PM
Ok, how about this.

The first shots should be offered to me and then to Pappy. We are cracking on and not much use, but these new drugs always have nasty side effects so if our dicks fall off the medics can say haha, might need a bit more work on that one. Then once it is up and running it should be offered to the important members of society such as the women and kids and anyone who wants to do a day's work.

Such stupid comments as that should get your internet access removed. (I am very serious about that.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 12:54:18 PM
FFS Borchester, do you have to make such stupid childish comments?

Ok, how about this.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 02, 2020, 12:52:12 PM
Minus 70C? You will end up with frostbite and have to have your arm amputated. Still, it looks as though the medics have come up trumps.

FFS Borchester, do you have to make such stupid childish comments?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 12:41:36 PM
I will go to get my jab when ordered to do so by my GP practice. Probably in January. The local GP practice could not handle the Pfizer vaccine, for obvious reasons already linked. It comes in 5000 dose units which needs to be kept at minus 70C.  With a short shelf after opening. There are not 5000 people in any vaccination category locally.

Minus 70C? You will end up with frostbite and have to have your arm amputated. Still, it looks as though the medics have come up trumps.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 12:41:36 PM
I will go to get my jab when ordered to do so by my GP practice. Probably in January. The local GP practice could not handle the Pfizer vaccine, for obvious reasons already linked. It comes in 5000 dose units which needs to be kept at minus 70C.  With a short shelf after opening. There are not 5000 people in any vaccination category locally.
which is why they are opening large venues, it keeps 2 to 3 days at warmer temperatures, so they can transport it at much lower temperatures to a large venue and do a mass vaccination, Boris won't forget you, you can bet on that, he even gave you a special lockdown gift, which admittedly puts you on the less important list. But you need to kick up a bit, you deserve the vaccine as much as anyone.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 12:22:13 PM
I am still in level 4 in that link.

You can have my shot. Personally I don't care for these innovations and will stay with self pity and whatever US TV shows I can download from Pirate Bay and similar.

But it looks as though the tide has turned.So there you are. No Chink flu, the UK/EU negotiations have settled down into a row about the price of fish and chips and and Boris has struck lucky again.

We appear to be heading for quiet times.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 02, 2020, 12:33:16 PM
The BBC are now advertising it as a miracle, well that arse Jeremy Vine is anyway, all hail the miracle then, Smurfy is just doing his usual bit, he will be along for his jab.

Sheepy

The BBC are now advertising it as a miracle, well that arse Jeremy Vine is anyway, all hail the miracle then, Smurfy is just doing his usual bit, he will be along for his jab.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 02, 2020, 12:18:45 PM
This independent report was withdrawn on 2 December 2020

The advice has been superseded by Priority groups for coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination: advice from the JCVI, 2 December 2020.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020

I am still in level 4 in that link.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 09:57:56 AM
Early candidate? I am in the 4th level:-

www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-25-september-2020/jcvi-updated-interim-advice-on-priority-groups-for-covid-19-vaccination

1, older adults' resident in a care home and care home workers[footnote 1]
2, all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers[footnote 1]
3, all those 75 years of age and over
4, all those 70 years of age and over
5, all those 65 years of age and over
6, high-risk adults under 65 years of age
7, moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
8, all those 60 years of age and over
9, all those 55 years of age and over
10, all those 50 years of age and over
11, rest of the population (priority to be determined)[footnote 2]
This independent report was withdrawn on 2 December 2020

The advice has been superseded by Priority groups for coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination: advice from the JCVI, 2 December 2020.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 02, 2020, 12:13:15 PM
Did you not read what toots said, you will have to make the effort to turn up, on your step through if need be.

I will get a the usual subpoena from my local GP practice ordering me to turn up at on a specific day at a specific time for the Covid-19 vaccination.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 12:10:45 PM
Did you bother to read the BBC link?  It will not be logistically possible to use the Pfizer vaccine in remote areas like the one I live in.
Did you not read what toots said, you will have to make the effort to turn up, on your step through if need be.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 02, 2020, 12:04:17 PM
nice try, but 40 million doses, they will soon get around to you.

Did you bother to read the BBC link?  It will not be logistically possible to use the Pfizer vaccine in remote areas like the one I live in.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 02, 2020, 12:00:51 PM
By the time people like me in level four are reached it will be the Oxford vaccine. Which I do have faith in.
nice try, but 40 million doses, they will soon get around to you.