Not a Borchesters bladder leak

Started by Sheepy, December 03, 2020, 12:06:33 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 07, 2020, 06:27:08 PMbol hocs.

Uk business are never ready for anything , but they always adapt .

Stop being a drama queen gerry , the uk is leaving , and the uk isnt accepting any sort of BRINO.

If johnson sells brexiters out then he knows he is toast .

If the eu wont bend then no deal it is .

I never said they wouldn't adapt. What I said was they UK govt haven't laid the foundations so that business can get prepared. So even if a company tried to get ready, it couldn't.

Like I said any deal the UK gets now is far worse that BRINO, that's long gone. Your definition of the EU bending is to give the UK what it wants. That's not how it works, the UK is the far smaller party to the talks and it will be more a rule taker than giver. That's the new brexit future, unless of course your dealing with a small country, but most of they we smart enough to get themselves into trade blocks and don't really need a deal with the UK.

Remember its the UK that has no trade deals on Jan1, other that alot of promises from some countries, nd we know the only big one agreed, Japan has rightly screwed the UK in that deal. I though brexit allowed the smaller nimble UK to cherry pick what it wanted to get better deals, that the EU was holding it back, hows that working out  :D :D

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 07, 2020, 09:19:19 AM

UK business isn't ready, they don't know whats happening because the UK govt aren't prepared, systems and processes needed to export and import aren't up and running.

bol hocs.

Uk business are never ready for anything , but they always adapt .

Stop being a drama queen gerry , the uk is leaving , and the uk isnt accepting any sort of BRINO.

If johnson sells brexiters out then he knows he is toast .

If the eu wont bend then no deal it is .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 06, 2020, 03:43:52 PM
As I say its not about fish but that the EU ,France in particular believe it is their right to carry on operating in UK waters as if we were still in the EU .

Personally I would have  been happy if we left the EU the day after the referendum in 2016 and taken it from there . However to give business time to get its ducks in a row would have  invoked art 50 asap and left deal or no deal in 2018 .
They don't believe its their right, if they thought that then they wouldn't be talking, they would just fish.
What they think is, if the UK wants tariff free access into the EU market then the EU wants fishing rights in UK waters, their haggling.
Still my money is still on no deal, I can't see this getting resolved with such little time left.
UK business isn't ready, they don't know whats happening because the UK govt aren't prepared, systems and processes needed to export and import aren't up and running. It will be interesting to see discussions on that in the next couple of weeks, depends if the media have any interest in highlighting it or will they continue with the "blame the eu for everything" mantra that they have been at for decades

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on December 06, 2020, 03:59:11 PM
Whatever he does, you will still be pissed off with him.
Therefore there is no reason why he should pander to you at all.

Boris doesn't have to try and please Remoaners, Guardian readers or lefties.
They will never vote for him and they will never allow themselves to be pleased by anything he does.

Nor does he have to please foreigners who seek to diminish this country.
To do any of these things would be an act of self defeat.

True.

:) :)
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Baff on December 06, 2020, 03:59:11 PMNor does he have to please foreigners who seek to diminish this country.
I wouldn't bet on it Baff. there are already networks operating to bring this country to rock bottom behind Covid and Brexit, I can't tell you how I know, but it is either with the blessing of the security services, or they don't have a clue, either way they are desperate for an EU blessing.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/major-breakthrough-fishing-rights-brings-202307538.html
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 06, 2020, 12:22:39 PM
You have self governance and what your elected leader is considering is letting the french take your fish. In return he might get tariff free trade 
So johnson either pisses off fishermen or your food, car, pharma etc... industries. What would you do, really, you can't satisfy one without hurting the other.
Isn't governance a bitch.
Whatever he does, you will still be pissed off with him.
Therefore there is no reason why he should pander to you at all.

Boris doesn't have to try and please Remoaners, Guardian readers or lefties.
They will never vote for him and they will never allow themselves to be pleased by anything he does.

Nor does he have to please foreigners who seek to diminish this country.
To do any of these things would be an act of self defeat.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on December 06, 2020, 12:22:39 PM
You have self governance and what your elected leader is considering is letting the french take your fish. In return he might get tariff free trade 
So johnson either pisses off fishermen or your food, car, pharma etc... industries. What would you do, really, you can't satisfy one without hurting the other.

As I say its not about fish but that the EU ,France in particular believe it is their right to carry on operating in UK waters as if we were still in the EU .

Personally I would have  been happy if we left the EU the day after the referendum in 2016 and taken it from there . However to give business time to get its ducks in a row would have  invoked art 50 asap and left deal or no deal in 2018 .

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 03, 2020, 06:35:04 PM
It was never about cod and chips Posty as you well know . The principle of self governance stands whether its one fish or a million .

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on December 03, 2020, 02:30:51 PM
Strange if a mantra about a minuscule activity swayed voters — especially as the concern for most over fish is their cod or haddock and chips, or fish fingers for the kid's tea...

It was never about cod and chips Posty as you well know . The principle of self governance stands whether its one fish or a million .

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on December 03, 2020, 02:30:51 PM
Strange if a mantra about a minuscule activity swayed voters — especially as the concern for most over fish is their cod or haddock and chips, or fish fingers for the kid's tea...
I know what you mean, about as strange as thinking after three elections and a referendum, remain still think they are in charge and actually have a say in the matter.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 03, 2020, 06:49:54 AM
If Johnson thinks any deal that doesn't give the UK full control of UK waters will be swallowed by the public he had best think again .  I don't really care if we allow the Europeans  the same or even more access ,the point being it will be ours to give and ours to take away
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 03, 2020, 06:49:54 AM
If Johnson thinks any deal that doesn't give the UK full control of UK waters will be swallowed by the public he had best think again .  I don't really care if we allow the Europeans  the same or even more access ,the point being it will be ours to give and ours to take away
No, it won't, which is just what the EU is saying, they don't believe in democracy. The US is saying they don't believe in it either and the Germans are already saying they are great believers in the Chinese. While the Russians are saying they have more freedom than all of us. In the US civil war is fully on the agenda and they are fully stocked with guns and ammo. Except this time, they cannot blame the Russians.

Streetwalker

Sheepy

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/brexit-uk-lowered-demands-fish-122820288.html
But just an EU leak to the Guardian of all people. Did you think for a minute the EU would let you have your own fish?
Not a chance in hell.