Pride before a fall? I hope not.

Started by T00ts, December 03, 2020, 01:57:40 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 03, 2020, 02:08:53 PM
The main concern is that the long term effects of this vaccine are unknown and being glossed over to allow for early release.

Evidence?  What previous instances have there been for long term effects of a vaccine, other than saving millions of lives.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 03, 2020, 03:00:46 PM
So what do we do cheer, dance around with glee and rush to get the vaccine? I think back to other drug disasters that have left people damaged and have concerns as to why we are the first. Are we too headlong? Are other countries right to be  more careful? Or are we simply the early bird catching the worm?

Is the impetus economic?

It is up to the individual Toots. As I have said ad nauseam, if brandy and appirin don't work then you are probably dead already. And doctors are all very well if you have daughters to marry off, but otherwise well, there you are.

To my way of thinking, if everyone else has a jab then they won't be able to spread the flu so we won't catch it or need the vaccine, so how bad is that?
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 03, 2020, 02:33:23 PM
I reckon that is pretty much a given Toots. Water is supposed to be good for us but they are always pulling corpses out of the Thames. There is bound to be some negative reaction but foresight is not a big thing among politicians.

So what do we do cheer, dance around with glee and rush to get the vaccine? I think back to other drug disasters that have left people damaged and have concerns as to why we are the first. Are we too headlong? Are other countries right to be  more careful? Or are we simply the early bird catching the worm?

Is the impetus economic?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 03, 2020, 01:57:40 PM

While if this vaccine is as good as they seem to think - great - but it makes me just a tad nervous that there might be egg on some faces too soon.

I reckon that is pretty much a given Toots. Water is supposed to be good for us but they are always pulling corpses out of the Thames. There is bound to be some negative reaction but foresight is not a big thing among politicians.

Algerie Francais !

Barry

The main concern is that the long term effects of this vaccine are unknown and being glossed over to allow for early release.
A lesser concern is that the company have been indemnified by the government against civil action.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Gavin Williamson - Education Secretary - has been caught on LBC radio cock a hoop that the UK is the first world wide to ok a vaccine. He has apparently gloated that we are better than France, Belgium and USA with far better people. Now I am all for blowing our trumpets on occasion and loathe the constant belittling of this country that some love, but at this moment I would be happier if politicians could be a little more circumspect while we see how good this vaccine really is.

While if this vaccine is as good as they seem to think - great - but it makes me just a tad nervous that there might be egg on some faces too soon.