Pride before a fall? I hope not.

Started by T00ts, December 03, 2020, 01:57:40 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

I see this morning that the Covid vaccine has been added to the list of vaccines which if they badly damage us the Gov  will pay out. I feel really confident now!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 03, 2020, 07:29:58 PM

FFS pappy give it a chance will you?

I have given it a chance, I was suspicious of the joyous two fingers up at the rest of the World announcements about the Pfizer  vaccine deliveries  and frankly it appears they didn't have a bloody clue. (I expect the media/press will be all over it like a rash tomorrow.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on December 03, 2020, 07:15:08 PM
Well whatever is offered I'll have as I've had all offered since I was a kid.

If I joss it that's life well death really,I'm on the final straight anyway so what the hell......its those I'd leave behind I'm bothered for.

I see it in a similar way. It's a simple matter of percentages . COVID ,would almost certainly put an end to me, or curse what is left of life through  my trying to avoid the virus. The vaccine would almost certainly help the quest for longevity, and allow me to worry about other things, or not as the case may be.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2020, 07:22:21 PM
It is appearing as if we will both be waiting some time yet to get a Covid-19 jab.  The much vaunted deliveries seem to be bluster and bullshine upon close inspection. Next to bugger all coming to Cornwall and that will likely be stuck in a snowdrift on Bodmin Moor tonight. Frankly there should be some Tory resignations.

FFS pappy give it a chance will you?

Theres another 67 million to consider , it can't all be about vaccinating you first!

The tories in england and the snp  in scotland are delivering this vaccine and saving lives , while labour are sitting carping from the sidelines and abstaining whenever they are asked to take decisive action.

If labour were in power , you wouldnt be getting vaccinated for years yet by the time they faffed about and decided to come down off the fence and make a decision.

sir keir is too busy suspending old jewish women from the party and ruling out universal basic income while worrying about tomorrows press headlines to take any notice of your vaccination at the minute.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 03, 2020, 07:15:08 PM

It is appearing as if we will both be waiting some time yet to get a Covid-19 jab.  The much vaunted deliveries seem to be bluster and bullshine upon close inspection. Next to bugger all coming to Cornwall and that will likely be stuck in a snowdrift on Bodmin Moor tonight. Frankly there should be some Tory resignations.

cromwell

If I joss it that's life well death really,I'm on the final straight anyway so what the hell......its those I'd leave behind I'm bothered for.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 03, 2020, 05:08:42 PM

I can not answer that. I would guess he would accept the science presented to him. As I and many more will do .
What I and ,I suspect he will not do , is feel that using this stuff before others  makes us  anything other than less cautious than others nothing else.
The last thing this vaccine should be is a political football . I would think Starmers knows that .

it wont stop starmer using this vaccine as a political football,  he has been doing this , or shall i say trying to in his inept way , thoughout this whole covid hysteria.

It was hilarious watching him say he disagreed with the uk governments english tier system , then force his party to abstain on the vote the other night.,

The abuse he was recieving from his own side across twitter and the interwebby was a riot.

Once again corbyn made him look weak.....feckin corbyn , and johnson was splitting his sides laughing at starmer.

good to see you back old yin.....its been quite quiet not having any labour lovers on here to have a laugh at.

Barry

Quote from: JoGThe vaccine must be kept at the storage temperature plus or minus 15 or it warms to the point where it its efficacy cannot be guaranteed at the point of administration.

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2020, 05:59:26 PMJohn the Pfizer vaccine must be kept at minus 70C.

Your turn to misread a post.
John says it has to be kept at the storage temperature (-70C) + or - 15 i.e. between -55C and -85C.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 03, 2020, 05:56:14 PM

The vaccine must be kept at the storage temperature plus or minus 15 or it warms to the point where it its efficacy cannot be guaranteed at the point of administration.

John the Pfizer vaccine must be kept at minus 70C.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 03, 2020, 05:46:25 PM

Given your stance on disability I'm intrigued with your attempt to distance the issue from the states demand it be rolled out.

I am not distancing myself at all.  The state being absolute bastards when it comes to coughing up for mistakes that cripple and kill people is something every government in my living memory is guilty of.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on December 03, 2020, 04:27:31 PM
Last theatre we went to (a 2019 panto) spewed dry ice clouds over the stage and stalls. So it can't be that difficult to handle and transport. And The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel Road has tanks of the stuff opposite A&E...

I think you have missed the point.

I've used dry ice. Yes you need a certain amount of sense in its handling because it can hurt you, but so can lots of other chemicals.

It's not the refrigerant that is the issue here.

The vaccine must be kept at the storage temperature plus or minus 15 or it warms to the point where it its efficacy cannot be guaranteed at the point of administration.

I'll be honest I've no effing idea what in the name of anything you consider sacred could be in this stuff that needs that degree of storage control, but the nearest I ever got was extract of firefly tails used to measure the amount of free adenosine triphosphate in harvested cell cultures.

Long story but we in a fully equipped biohazard lab managed to fail to keep the bloody stuff cold enough in between experimental runs and the whole days work was wasted.

It is that which I worry about. The likelihood that a package does not arrive at the end of a chain in a fit state to use.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2020, 03:34:48 PM
Improperly administered is the point, that is a separate issue.

No. You are cherry picking.

My point was that the state DELIBERATELY plotted and schemed to avoid liability for this kids predicament in the most god awful way possible, telling the parents they were at fault for their child's condition and we're going to have to meet the financial costs of bringing them up until they mercifully shuffled off this mortal coil themselves

Given your stance on disability I'm intrigued with your attempt to distance the issue from the states demand it be rolled out.

The immediate consequence of this decision to blame the parents for their child's permanent disability as a direct result of receiving a state mandated vaccine from a state licenced health practitioner was to cause tens of thousands of parents to say F@@@ this our child is not having this as if the state F@@@ up they blame me for consenting to it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on December 03, 2020, 05:08:42 PM

I can not answer that. I would guess he would accept the science presented to him. As I and many more will do .
What I and ,I suspect he will not do , is feel that using this stuff before others  makes us  anything other than less cautious than others nothing else.
The last thing this vaccine should be is a political football . I would think Starmers knows that .

Keir Starmer will accept whatever evidence suggest will get him the most votes and that can be tricky. On the one hand you have Tommy's neighbour who is terrified of catching the Chinese Cough and on the other an awful lot of folk saying sod it, away with the gloom and doom and lets get on with our lives. I suspect that Starmer knows that there are a lot more of the latter in the population at large but not so many among the brothers and sisters, who aren't really that into the laughing and singing.
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on December 03, 2020, 04:25:16 PM
whats sir keir starmers view on administering the vaccine , or has he abstained good old? ;)

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 03, 2020, 04:56:08 PM
TBH I switch both ways on the subject. I feel partly a civic duty because I am one of the reasons that everyone has been hit so hard, but I would really really like to see more outcomes first. Apart from that I don't drink alcohol and I have heard that the jab is like having a really bad hangover. That could finish me off anyway!  ???

Its hard to talk abouyt this subject because at the end of the day only you know whats best for you , no one else.

Its your choice either way.

I have a retired neighbour who to be honest has been totally OTT regarding covid 19 , he has been so scared of dying he hasnt lived for the last year. Part of me is sympathetic , another part of me is totally bewildered.

We only have one life , and while no one wants to die , life is there for the living.

Im just surprised by the negative response( in general not on here) to this vaccine .

You have people who have been in terror hiding in their houses all year now refusing to take this virus because they dont want to be the first to try it.

Get the virus , get back to normal and live life to the full .

Isolating from the rest of humanity and stuck indoors is no life for anyone .