Main Menu

Benefits.

Started by Nick, December 04, 2020, 02:07:18 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 04, 2020, 02:57:08 PM
You are Iain Duncan Smith and I claim my £5.

How can you say that? Is it wrong in your view that those who are able to work should stay home and expect State Benefits while they do nothing or worse, go on the black market? Everyone fit and able should make a reasonable effort to be self reliant. They owe it to themselves and to society as a whole. I had a teen/early 20's who was unable to work for a while. I maintained her until she found a job and she has worked ever since. The work ethic is something every parent should instil in the next generation. Only then can we be in a collective position to support those disabled and unable to work.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 04, 2020, 02:53:08 PM
There is an argument that those who won't work after whatever education they have received should be the responsibility of their parents who should provide. If provision is from the State then they should be working in a charitable capacity on projects where they are needed. What should not happen is that we raise a load of work shy people who expect to take rather than give. We do them no long term favours by  enabling a culture of entitlement.

You are Iain Duncan Smith and I claim my £5.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on December 04, 2020, 02:39:42 PM
I don't think that would work for a number of reasons, to start with how would he system support a a young person  who has yet to be in full time employment and hasn't contributed to NI?

There is an argument that those who won't work after whatever education they have received should be the responsibility of their parents who should provide. If provision is from the State then they should be working in a charitable capacity on projects where they are needed. What should not happen is that we raise a load of work shy people who expect to take rather than give. We do them no long term favours by  enabling a culture of entitlement.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 04, 2020, 02:07:18 PM
Should benefits be linked to N.I. payments?

They already are.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

I don't think that would work for a number of reasons, to start with how would he system support a a young person  who has yet to be in full time employment and hasn't contributed to NI?
Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Should benefits be linked to N.I. payments? If you've never paid in you get nowt.
Why should an individual go through life from the minute they are born to the minute they are put in the ground, never having contributed a single penny?
I'm not talking about those who are incapable of working through no fault of their own, but the lazy oinks that play the system.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.