Macron v UK + EU

Started by T00ts, December 04, 2020, 02:24:56 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

We need more time to control how you think, to control how you vote, to control the Westminster party and control the whole UK. Don't start telling us you want your country back, it ain't happening. If we can do it to the rest of Europe what makes you think you are so different. We will crush you English dogs. Well maybe, but don't think you can do it without a fight. The last 5 years are just a moment in the passing of time.
Disclaimer, not a GCHQ decipher, they couldn't decipher squat at the best of times.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 06, 2020, 01:19:18 PM
You obviously haven't read it all. Spectacularly missing the part that mentions rose tinted spectacles.
I read it all, where did the eu back down at the 11th hr. How did Canada get the upper hand ???
Its what your saying the EU will do on midnight new yrs eve.

Did the eu do that for the WA, no the uk did.

When has the EU done this, they haven't, just more British nonsense about the EU.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 06, 2020, 01:20:05 PM
It is, agree who gets what then agree how disputes are resolved when they happen and that each countries govt won't destroy the others with govt intervention. That each country will abide by the min standard for goods/products going into the other country.  All very basic trade stuff
LOL sure Gerry, sure.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 06, 2020, 01:14:31 PM
There was me thinking it was just a trade deal, who knew.
It is, agree who gets what then agree how disputes are resolved when they happen and that each countries govt won't destroy the others with govt intervention. That each country will abide by the min standard for goods/products going into the other country.  All very basic trade stuff

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 06, 2020, 01:08:51 PM
Nope thats not an example in fact its an example of how the EU doesn't give way at the 11th hr, try harder Nick, a lot harder.
Some countries ratified in 2019 others to complete their ratification.
You made the claim that the EU would back down and do a deal at the 11tb hr. You not only failed to show that but you proved the complete opposite. The EU took 7yrs to agree a deal and now each country is taking its time to ratify. It will happen but there's no clocks, no rush, no capitulation at the 11th hr as you suggested.

You obviously haven't read it all. Spectacularly missing the part that mentions rose tinted spectacles.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 06, 2020, 01:08:51 PMno capitulation at the 11th hr as you suggested.
There was me thinking it was just a trade deal, who knew.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 06, 2020, 12:35:14 PM
https://arabiangazette.com/eu-11th-hour-deal/
Nope thats not an example in fact its an example of how the EU doesn't give way at the 11th hr, try harder Nick, a lot harder.
Some countries ratified in 2019 others to complete their ratification.
You made the claim that the EU would back down and do a deal at the 11tb hr. You not only failed to show that but you proved the complete opposite. The EU took 7yrs to agree a deal and now each country is taking its time to ratify. It will happen but there's no clocks, no rush, no capitulation at the 11th hr as you suggested.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on December 06, 2020, 12:48:07 PM
That's the problem with extensions, it just pushes back the 11th hour to a later date.

Indeed Barry.

It just shows the lack of knowledge about the EU for someone to even question the EU's historical 11th hour dealings.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 06, 2020, 12:11:07 PMObviously the EU has some history dealing with 3rd countries and doing this, maybe you could enlighten us.

https://arabiangazette.com/eu-11th-hour-deal/

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 06, 2020, 12:17:21 PM
Yes
How come every post is full of EU spin then? surely even when pointed out, you cannot believe the Irish are that thick?

GerryT

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 06, 2020, 12:13:51 PM
A border goes up if the UK breaks its agreement and international law. Thats not the EU screwing the Irish, thats the UK screwing the Irish, nothing new there and let's face it, its sort of expected.
Oh really, are you sure about that?

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 06, 2020, 12:00:51 PM
But in reality, you know it's true. Spin is beside the point. Let's face it, the last thing the EU want is the Irish finding out they have been had over by the EU and are minor pawns in their game.
A border goes up if the UK breaks its agreement and international law. Thats not the EU screwing the Irish, thats the UK screwing the Irish, nothing new there and let's face it, its sort of expected.

Sheepy

Because every time I point it out, you come rushing in with pages of spin, which is for my own amusement.