Russian Interference Report - Leaked testimony

Started by Ciaphas, November 09, 2019, 07:03:56 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

The report should have been published already it has been cleared for publication and there is no reason at all it has not been published.

That is what the fuss is about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50366956">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50366956
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

Well if it is all the Russians, it simply means that the Russian Intelligence Agency is doing its job better than ours.

Churchill

Really all you have done is guessed what I based my opinion on the answer is No I have not, do you really expect to be told chapter and verse Highly Classified Secret Service reports, the Government of the day receive these updates on a regular basis, have done for years and years.

We may get a small amount of the information/intelligence in the near future of this one but not chapter and verse, I keep in mind that the Governments opponents are trying to use this report to the best of their advantage, claiming Boris is trying to hide something, he might be he may not be.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

patman post

Quote from: Churchill post_id=5453 time=1573563108 user_id=69
Is it news? speculation? or deliberate propaganda ? as I understand it, apparantly it is not unusual for Security Reports on Security Investigation to be thoroughly read and considered by the Governments selected Security Members which takes time , if some think all of a sudden all in the report will be made public I think they will be very disappointed.

When playing poker one does not play with ones cards face up you give the game away and lose.

But do you really understand it or have you just accepted one party's spin?

Easy enough to give the essence of a report with the caveat "yet to be verified"...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Curiouser and curiouser :-

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50382668">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50382668

Hillary Clinton: 'Shameful' not to publish Russia report

2 hours ago

It is "inexplicable and shameful" that the UK government has not yet published a report on alleged Russian interference in British politics, Hillary Clinton has told the BBC.

The report has formal security clearance, but it will not be released until after the 12 December election.

"Every person who votes in this country deserves to see that report before your election happens," the former US presidential candidate said.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=5411 time=1573509478 user_id=98
No, but funding and manipulating all bases is what they do, and there is reason to believe they've tried (arguably not hard enough) to do that.

I think patman post is right.

Btw this is fair news and has no business being in the twilight zone in my humble opinion.

Is it news? speculation? or deliberate propaganda ? as I understand it, apparantly it is not unusual for Security Reports on Security Investigation to be thoroughly read and considered by the Governments selected Security Members which takes time , if some think all of a sudden all in the report will be made public I think they will be very disappointed.

When playing poker one does not play with ones cards face up you give the game away and lose.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=5174 time=1573398938 user_id=53
This thread should be in the conspiracy ,looney tunes and fruitcake section

:thup:

And rightly so , some are accepting this at face value because they really want it to be real  :roll:

patman post

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=5409 time=1573509323 user_id=74
No it isn't the principle driver as far as I can see. The money is only a small fraction of that received, but it shows what they are prepared to do. Suppressing official reports is not cricket either.

Mind you, I've just done some checking and the source could be a little dodgy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDemocracy">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDemocracy

We have to be a bit cautious when things are funded by George Soros, but interestingly, he himself is closely associated with the Russians via his Open Society Foundations.

Depending only on Wiki is not to be recommended either...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

btw this is fair news and has no business being in the twilight zone in my humble opinion.

Mod Notice

Mod decisions aren't up for discussion unless by pm
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Baron von Lotsov

No, but funding and manipulating all bases is what they do, and there is reason to believe they've tried (arguably not hard enough) to do that.

Absolutely right, and the reason they do is so they can set up "conversations" between themselves. Imagine having a radio control unit which operates Farage's mouth, and also one that operates Corbyn's mouth and another that does the same for the Greens and goodness knows who. You could write the entire script. Perhaps the BBC are also employing Russians.

We, on the other hand are taught that there are two sides, left and right. We had the Third Way as well, and when the BNP came along we had the Far Right. They devise their own lexicon.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=5270 time=1573425316 user_id=59
I'm not sure funding polar opposites is covering all bases.

I think patman post is right.

Btw this is fair news and has no business being in the twilight zone in my humble opinion.
+++

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=5405 time=1573507779 user_id=70
Since Farage could be in line knighthood or peerage now he and Johnson appear to have tied the knot at Trump's behest, is Russian money really the principal driver of UK politics...?

No it isn't the principle driver as far as I can see. The money is only a small fraction of that received, but it shows what they are prepared to do. Suppressing official reports is not cricket either.

Mind you, I've just done some checking and the source could be a little dodgy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDemocracy">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDemocracy

QuoteopenDemocracy is owned and published through a non-profit foundation. It has been funded by a number of philanthropic organisations, including George Soros' Open Society Initiative for Europe, the Mott Foundation, Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, Ford Foundation, David and Elaine Potter Foundation, Lush, Andrew Wainwright Trust and the Network for Social Change.[4]

We have to be a bit cautious when things are funded by George Soros, but interestingly, he himself is closely associated with the Russians via his Open Society Foundations.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=5174 time=1573398938 user_id=53
This thread should be in the conspiracy ,looney tunes and fruitcake section

Mod Notice

Yes you're right......so it's been moved
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Since Farage could be in line knighthood or peerage now he and Johnson appear to have tied the knot at Trump's behest, is Russian money really the principal driver of UK politics...?

Baron von Lotsov

One golden rule is, you do not want to do business with the Russians. If it involves a lot of money you could even be risking your life. It's why Russian bankers live in top security tower blocks designed by the SAS in London. They cost tens of millions, but have the highest security money can buy, and even then they are often found shot dead.

We can do business with the Chinese, but not Russians. Russians are our long-term enemy. Indeed they are tooling up once again after a lull post cold war. The UKIP are stupid to have got involved. Banks is not the most honest of businessmen. You can check his Wikipedia biography and you will see. I guess a lot of UKIPers were naive as to the wider world. Mandelson got involved with them though.