Liverpool Labour investigated again

Started by patman post, December 04, 2020, 07:42:51 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 07, 2020, 03:54:51 PM
Derek Hatton, the former deputy leader of Liverpool City Council, was one of five men arrested alongside the mayor of Liverpool, the BBC has learned.
It is understood Mr Hatton was held on suspicion of witness intimidation, as part of a probe into the awarding of building contracts in the city.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-55214500

Hmmmm...

Not exactly a surprise.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: patman post on December 04, 2020, 07:42:51 PM
"Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, has been arrested.
The city leader was arrested earlier today by Merseyside Police along with four other men in connection with offences of bribery and witness intimidation as part of an investigation into building and development contracts in Liverpool."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-liverpool-joe-anderson-arrested-19399231

Derek Hatton, Tony Mulhearn, Militant-tendency, and others — why does Liverpool cause so many problems for Labour...?
Derek Hatton, the former deputy leader of Liverpool City Council, was one of five men arrested alongside the mayor of Liverpool, the BBC has learned.
It is understood Mr Hatton was held on suspicion of witness intimidation, as part of a probe into the awarding of building contracts in the city.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-55214500

Hmmmm...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Remember this old story about how labour councilors in grantham wanted a statue erected to margaret thatcher?

Srb steve is always on this forum asking for labour to be given another chance , and how they are all brothers and sisters in arms who hate thatcher and all the other old guff that gets regualrly trotted out. :D
Former Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher will have a statue erected in her honour in her home town of Grantham in Lincolnshire.

A plan to raise more than £200,000 for a statue and renovation project at the Grantham Museum has been unveiled.

Labour councillors had called for a town centre statue after the Conservative-majority authority voted against the move last week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-21712559

or how about this one....
Fury as new Labour councillor takes seven-week holiday just six months after being elected

GEORGE MAIR was chosen as the councillor for Galston, Newmilns and Darvel on East Ayrshire Council but his decision to head off on a cruise has infuriated his constituents.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fury-new-labour-councillor-takes-1431272

or this....
A Labour council, operating under a Labour Scottish Executive and a Labour government at Westminster, needed to spend £150m on its schools, but rather than use a small fraction of the effectively free money that was sitting around unspent in the Executive's coffers, signed off on a PFI contract that would cost Scottish taxpayers £729m to do the exact same job.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/probably-a-robbery/

There is a bottomless pit of labour council greed robbery and corruption stories of the highest magnitude to choose from.

No wonder labour supporters seem to be scarce on the interwebby today. ::)

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 05, 2020, 08:10:44 PM
My own Labour council has recently been declared bankrupt .

Seems to be the norm wherever they get into power as i said mate.

They did the same to glasgow  , where council tax receipts couldnt even cover debt interest they had ran up .

Spent millions fighting equal pay for glasgow council workers in court over many years , then when they got voted out , stirred up the unions to try and force the new snp led administration to pay equal pay that they had fought against when in power.

Corruption greed and complete ineptitude seems to be ingrained with these labour councils whever they manage to get in power and stay in power over the years.

Dont know how many times we have spoken about it over the years , but essentially its same shit dfferent day with labour.

Get elected on promises of " a better world" and all the old tropes of helping the poor and needy , then sit back and laugh at the plebs as they pocket hard earned taxpayers cash .

I always say the tories stab you from the front as they look you in the eye , but labour put their arms around you shouting about the poor! what about the poor as they stab you in the back.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on December 05, 2020, 10:10:28 AM
I dont think its just liverpool , its anywhere labour have been in power forever and a day .

That story reads like something out of the local news in places like glasgow or north lanarkshire , famous for the labour mafioso in days gone by.

Greed,crime , corruption etc seems to be endemic where ever labour stay in power.

Maybe the people of liverpool will eventually see through labour the way the people of glasgow and many other cities did.

My own Labour council has recently been declared bankrupt .

All of the above applies to the muppets and thieves that have been in charge of Croydon .

https://insidecroydon.com/2020/11/18/officials-to-investigate-possible-wrong-doing-at-council/

According to the CPS there is an offence that carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment for those who act  in a way that is a breach of their duties

It is not an offence however to be stupid ,incompetent or both which often becomes the defence of those so charged .

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 05, 2020, 09:59:16 AM

How about Cornwall your adopted home?

The part of it I live in has a very low crime rate.

johnofgwent

A friend and former work colleague used to maintain a website charmingly titled 'liars, buggers and thieves'

It may have fallen by the wayside over the years, but the one thing it proved, beyond all doubt, was that criminality greed and corruption in public office were endemic at all levels and across the political spectrum.

Which hardly surprised me.

But then in the sixties my mum was a clerk for a Jewish Momma who ran an outfit called 'Traders Facilities' out of a couple of rooms in At Mary St Cardiff. They used to spend all day cutting the court prosecution notices out of eight newspapers, sticking them onto index cards and filing them, and then for a rather fat fee would provide the community with the sum of their knowledge.

I saw their records room on many occasions. They had a special cabinet for politicians. With a bigger lock. It was four times the capacity of the cabinet for traders and entrepreneurs ...

Proving to me that there have been political criminals of all sorts for s very, very long time. Some of those criminal convictions were for buggery too...

TL;DR "why is this news ? criminals abound at all levels and across the spectrum in politics, I shall await the trial reporting, if any...."
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

"Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, has been arrested.
The city leader was arrested earlier today by Merseyside Police along with four other men in connection with offences of bribery and witness intimidation as part of an investigation into building and development contracts in Liverpool."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-liverpool-joe-anderson-arrested-19399231

Derek Hatton, Tony Mulhearn, Militant-tendency, and others — why does Liverpool cause so many problems for Labour...?

I dont think its just liverpool , its anywhere labour have been in power forever and a day .

That story reads like something out of the local news in places like glasgow or north lanarkshire , famous for the labour mafioso in days gone by.

Greed,crime , corruption etc seems to be endemic where ever labour stay in power.

Maybe the people of liverpool will eventually see through labour the way the people of glasgow and many other cities did.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 05, 2020, 07:44:58 AM
When I was a juggernaut pilot back in the 1970s I hated going to Liverpool, even now if I hear a Scouse accent I check if I still have my wallet.
Well as Barry pointed out there's good and bad in all communities,being close neighbours I've witnessed both.
How about Cornwall your adopted home?,they revel in their history of lawlessness and smuggling,and you are no paragon of virtue are you and though I expect many scousers hated thatcher with a passion not many actually tried to plan a way to assassinate her.

You point the finger at others but then talk of blockades,using helicopter gunships,machine gun nests and miles of razor wire on people,some of whom without Cornwalls economy would collapse and why were you speculating the other day in a post on the cost of NATO razor wire?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 04, 2020, 10:12:13 PM
Scousers have a reputation of their own. Is it justified, Well there's good and bad in every community.

When I was a juggernaut pilot back in the 1970s I hated going to Liverpool, even now if I hear a Scouse accent I check if I still have my wallet.

Barry

Scousers have a reputation of their own. Is it justified, Well there's good and bad in every community.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

It is Christmas. Dawn Butler, David Lammy and Diane Abbott have taken a few weeks off
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 04, 2020, 08:10:43 PM
I guess they would all be fine if they were bikers.

Bikers are a very wide section of humanity and like the rest of the population there are criminals within it. (There are also significant number of bikers in  both houses of parliament.)

cromwell

Mod Notice
I have seen this person in action which proves nothing,I have an opinion which again proves nothing.

I would think it better to see the outcome of this arrest before any further comments are made.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 04, 2020, 08:04:16 PM
Given the nincompoops in government Liverpool is merely a sideshow.

I guess they would all be fine if they were bikers.