Finally they are admitting there will be no deal?

Started by Barry, December 04, 2020, 11:06:34 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 05, 2020, 11:27:39 AMWhat Hungary was trying to do was stop the EU 7yr budget, that would break the EU.

Another 180 from you Gerry. When I posted that you said it was only the additional amount and that the budget was already passed by the 27. Not Hungary and a Poland are trying to stop the 7 year budget.

Time passes whilst I wait for Gerry to deny it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on December 05, 2020, 06:33:22 PM
No. They didn't.
You just wished they did.

And you only have one neighbour.
One that you hate.

Did you miss that, the UK and EU signed the WA in January this yr. Its a agreed international treaty, recognised by the Vienna convention and as Johnson rewrote Mays WA attempt in his own blood word by word with a pen made from his hair, you can rest assured Johnson didn't do anything to expose the UK. HIS OWN BLOOD !!

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 05, 2020, 12:02:47 PMI think you'll find IRL as usual is being 100% supported by our EU neighbours, didn't the EU sign the WA, effectively securing no border on the island of Ireland a a border down the middle of the UK.
No. They didn't.
You just wished they did.

And you only have one neighbour.
One that you hate.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 05, 2020, 06:21:28 PM

Honestly, Boris is supposed to have a command of multiple languages,

Bullshine  is obvious whatever language he uses.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

In a response to the thread title, rather than any of the posts already made, I see depressingly that the Brexit hating BBC are once again lauding Barnier for his and Boris's last ditch chat scheduled for next week

Honestly, Boris is supposed to have a command of multiple languages, you would have thought he were capable of saying 'for the last fucking time, F@@@ off and die' in at least ONE if the languages the original treaty of Rome was published in ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on December 05, 2020, 11:50:57 AM
Ireland followed the UK meekly into the EEC because once we decided it they saw that they were in exile if they didn't. In one moment of clarity they almost withdrew but the EU with their usual MO gave them an offer they couldn't refuse. Now they find that once again they are out on the edges of the action and they are frightened silly.
back in the '70s IRL economy was totally dependent on the UK, but since joining the EU it's flipped with only 10% of our exports (and falling) going to the UK while our economy has been growing at the top end of EU countries performances (pre covid). IRL has no dependence on the UK.
What moment of clarity, brexit ? That's funny, clarity, what a word to use. And no IRL never ever looked or even considered doing "the madness" like our neighbour. I think you'll find IRL as usual is being 100% supported by our EU neighbours, didn't the EU sign the WA, effectively securing no border on the island of Ireland a a border down the middle of the UK.  Didn't the EU tell the UK if it persists with the IMB that any trade deal agreed is in the bin. Yep we're terrified silly over here right now.

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on December 05, 2020, 11:44:12 AM
This is correct, we signed up willingly and will follow the rules WE make. If we want to do something different, like say jump off a cliff and cost our economy 200b in 4 yrs then we will follow the example of the UK's strategy of self harm. Until then we are very happy where we are.

Ireland followed the UK meekly into the EEC because once we decided it they saw that they were in exile if they didn't. In one moment of clarity they almost withdrew but the EU with their usual MO gave them an offer they couldn't refuse. Now they find that once again they are out on the edges of the action and they are frightened silly.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 05, 2020, 11:44:12 AM
This is correct, we signed up willingly and will follow the rules WE make. If we want to do something different, like say jump off a cliff and cost our economy 200b in 4 yrs then we will follow the example of the UK's strategy of self harm. Until then we are very happy where we are.
stop polishing a turd Gerry, we are laughing our heads off, you had to keep voting until you came out on the EU side, so just like the article says if you don't do whatever Brussels says, you get blackballed.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 05, 2020, 11:38:33 AM
Best to know what you are signing up for, before you sign the dotted line, because we are all equal but some are more equal than others. The Irish have no choices left, they have to go along with whatever. Their contract is signed sealed and delivered. Sounds like the song they are always singing.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 05, 2020, 11:29:29 AM
Oh, it's great news now is it? who knew, things can change so fast in the EU.
Nothing has changed, whats actually changed ?  A dec 10tb summit will discuss this, the way Hungary and to a lesser extent Poland are going they will be lucky to not be thrown out of the EU  If they want to be in the club they have to follow the rules and that includes the rule of law In their own country, I can't see any member state allowing a dictator run country being in the EU.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 05, 2020, 11:31:08 AM
its called polishing a turd sheep.
Best to know what you are signing up for, before you sign the dotted line, because we are all equal but some are more equal than others. The Irish have no choices left, they have to go along with whatever. Their contract is signed sealed and delivered. Sounds like the song they are always singing.

GerryT

As for the opening post, its obvious there won't be a deal unless a compromise is found. The UK were happy to sign far worse level playing field clauses with Japan so the ones the EU propose shouldn't be an issue, that leaves governance and fishing. The next week might see movement from either side. Wonder will the reliable 180 Johnson do another one of his famous 180's.

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 05, 2020, 11:27:39 AM
Thats great news, if a country thinks it can just scupper the reason the EU exists then those countries can sit on the sideline.
This is not for example like if france or Malta decided to not agree a proposed FTA between the UK and EU, which they can do and the EU would stand by such a decision.
Just shows the EU is not a beurocratic monster tied up in red tape. What Hungary was trying to do was stop the EU 7yr budget, that would break the EU.
Of course any such decision will have to goto the EU parliament where the democratically elected MEP's from each country will decide any such proposals, IF they ever get that far. Its just a pissing competition so far.
Oh, it's great news now is it? who knew, things can change so fast in the EU.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 04, 2020, 11:38:38 PM
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/eu-plans-skirt-veto-virus-215335480.html
LOL Gerry.
Thats great news, if a country thinks it can just scupper the reason the EU exists then those countries can sit on the sideline.
This is not for example like if france or Malta decided to not agree a proposed FTA between the UK and EU, which they can do and the EU would stand by such a decision.
Just shows the EU is not a beurocratic monster tied up in red tape. What Hungary was trying to do was stop the EU 7yr budget, that would break the EU.
Of course any such decision will have to goto the EU parliament where the democratically elected MEP's from each country will decide any such proposals, IF they ever get that far. Its just a pissing competition so far.