Finally they are admitting there will be no deal?

Started by Barry, December 04, 2020, 11:06:34 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 11:32:57 AM
If we give in now they will prove to be a very nasty neighbour. They will never have any respect for us unless we stand up to them.

Sorry but it is Britain who has been the nasty neighbour, several decades worth of xenophobic propaganda in the British press/media and from British politicians. Frankly I suspect Europe will be glad to see Britain leave.
From his point of view De Gaulle was right.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Tbird on December 11, 2020, 11:22:33 AM
Personally, I am disappointed that EU didn't start a serous rethink and deep reform after they have failed the referendum. Instead, they choose to try dragging everyone down, not pulling everyone up. 

What's a loser they are.

I agree. Even before that when the Ref was only a dream and Cameron went to them and told them how they could save the day they wouldn't listen. It's their biggest flaw. I read somewhere that they thought BJ arrived for dinner and a chat on Wednesday in order to capitulate. I think that says it all. They have had so many instances where they have played it to the line with all sorts of threats and have got their way each time. If we give in now they will prove to be a very nasty neighbour. They will never have any respect for us unless we stand up to them.

Tbird

Quote from: Barry on December 11, 2020, 10:18:31 AM
I was wrong the week after the referendum when I said, "I suppose there will be the two years of negotiations until we leave without a deal".

No, it's now four and a half years!
Personally, I am disappointed that EU didn't start a serous rethink and deep reform after they have failed the referendum. Instead, they choose to try dragging everyone down, not pulling everyone up. 

What's a loser they are.

Sheepy

I was wrong the week after the referendum when I said, "I suppose there will be the two years of negotiations until we leave without a deal".

Most likely the biggest mistake we made was telling them we respect and admire the NHS. Ever since then it was been look over there, you need to save the NHS.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Do you think if you started another daily countdown it would jinx it?  ;D

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on December 11, 2020, 08:01:48 AM
All the so-called 'scare stories' of remainers are now coming true and indeed Boris Johnson is presenting the threat of no deal as though it's someone else's fault.

Well sort of Duckie.

The Brexiters voted to leave the EU and accepted that there might be some financial hardships. So no change there.

But the remainers are not only being forced out of their beloved EU, they will have to pay for the privilege.

Oh dear, I haven't had so many laughs since Ma caught her tits in the mangle

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

All the so-called 'scare stories' of remainers are now coming true and indeed Boris Johnson is presenting the threat of no deal as though it's someone else's fault.

Boris Johnson is second only to Nigel Farage when it comes to apportioning blame for Brexit.  And David Cameron gets a dishonourable mention too, for calling the referendum.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

GerryT

Quote from: Dynamis on December 10, 2020, 02:27:08 PM
👍

Yeah that's correct, there's loads more too by the way. But you've got a lot of stealth activists/trolls and maybe even bots in some cases on here posting for the 'Corporate Step' as someone was saying, and for the anglo left, also for the great interplanetary Brexit federation. I saw this the other day which might explain a lot.. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-ufo-reports-sheeps-alien-7376057 I dunno just saying, some strange goings on's with ufo's and abductions, it's clearly an EU conspiracy by the kalergi-coudenhove thingy.
Yep so strange thinking. Nick seems to think it's a game, with winners and looser's. The concept of both players loosing or winning sails over his head. His latest cheer is confusing the EU trying to help keep trade moving and lessen the damage if there's a hard brexit with him delighted that the EU has climbed down. Which is crazy as the issue with brexit is about customs/paperwork/tariffs and not about allowing a plane or truck to drive in/out. But the announcement by VdL is def putting some serious pressure on the UK.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on December 10, 2020, 01:53:42 AM
I should be ok, most product moved to non UK suppliers bar one, I'm in building automation, the controller & IO comes from UK so harder to switch as tech support is involved, but if all else failed I can get the same product from Europe but it's a matter of building relationships.

👍

QuoteNot the only one, Reese Mogg moved a sizeable chunk of his business to Dublin. Dyson does hugh investment outside the UK and moved his HQ to singapore, there's no manufacturing in the UK anymore, just R&D, how long will that last under a hard brexit.

Yeah that's correct, there's loads more too by the way. But you've got a lot of stealth activists/trolls and maybe even bots in some cases on here posting for the 'Corporate Step' as someone was saying, and for the anglo left, also for the great interplanetary Brexit federation. I saw this the other day which might explain a lot.. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-ufo-reports-sheeps-alien-7376057 I dunno just saying, some strange goings on's with ufo's and abductions, it's clearly an EU conspiracy by the kalergi-coudenhove thingy.
+++

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on December 10, 2020, 09:57:24 AM
So Boris and Ursula ate scallops at our expense then Boris said, let's pop outside for a game.

He was served Turbot. Oh the Irony.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 10, 2020, 01:22:16 AM
in your opinion based on what, a hunch, the past empire. Can you explain how it works. Let's say there's a hard brexit, the UK goes on WTO and the WTO tariffs are put on your imports, prices rise for people and companies supply lines for parts. Then every country out there imposes tariffs on your exports making it hard to sell against the local competition, So increased costs and increased selling prices, tough one.
But you have the upside, you have a blue passport.

What's the alternative you are offering? Oh yes.
We as a nation pay double the taxation for your sales. And you as a selfish rich bastard greatly inflate the overheads of your business but pass on the bulk of those overheads to your fellow countrymen, instead of taking them out of your own profits from the trade.

You are OK thanks mate.
Tariffs are both less costly for the nation and more just.

And also on the upside, I get a black passport. Nice.

Borchester

I should be ok, most product moved to non UK suppliers bar one, I'm in building automation, the controller & IO comes from UK so harder to switch as tech support is involved, but if all else failed I can get the same product from Europe but it's a matter of building relationships.

I can't see any problems there Gerry, what with you taking such an upbeat, positive approach to these matters  :)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

So Boris and Ursula ate scallops at our expense then Boris said, let's pop outside for a game.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Brilliant gerry , for the first time on this forum i have heard you post something positive. What you worried about then?

Honestly you remainiac concern trolls do  make me laugh .

QuoteNot the only one, Reese Mogg moved a sizeable chunk of his business to Dublin.

you do know uk politicians dont you gerry .???

Just a pity your knowledge of irish ones isnt as good. ;)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!