This looks like being a very dull election campaign

Started by Borchester, November 10, 2019, 09:28:24 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Thomas post_id=5134 time=1573385919 user_id=58

God bless you all kind english sirs for your help to the scot indy cause. :thup:

You're welcome.   :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=5121 time=1573382750 user_id=51
T00ts, Thomas only wants you to vote for Boris as he considers it a step towards Indyref2 and freedom for Bonnie Scotland. ;)

of course i do.

i have stood on this forum and told everyone that , so its no big secret.

So what are you saying barry  you wont vote tory or enact brexit , because you are scared we in scotland will get indyref2 and leave?

:lol:

im not holding a gun to yours , or toots head. You vote how you like.
I think if no one says too much and upsets the apple cart it is in the bag for Boris. The Brexit party are beginning to look like spoilt brats trying to put ultimatums to the Tories to help them get some seats. Without any help they are due to get no seats at all, just like UKIP.

hope so barry.

Remember a vote for boris and brexit , is a vote to end your union.  :hattip

God bless you all kind english sirs for your help to the scot indy cause. :thup:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=5126 time=1573384058 user_id=63

The first two questions received a "you'll have to wait for our manifesto launch in a few days" ce.

Journalists are a pain in the arse for asking any politicians questions before manifestos are published.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=5126 time=1573384058 user_id=63
I remember the evening labour launched their 2017 manifesto. Theresa May had her party machine advertise a "telephone town hall" whereby anyone who fancied a laugh could register their phone number (and thus be assured of endless begging calls) and in return the party would call you up when Theresa launched her election campaign speech, and you could put questions ....

I went out and spent 50p on an Asda SIM card I put in a long disused Nokia clamshell that I registered with their site under the name of one of my dungeons and dragons characters. I burned the SIM afterwards.

But the point was, that speech was so bad, so dreary, so lacking in any answers...

The first two questions received a "you'll have to wait for our manifesto launch in a few days" even though she was being asked for what she would do differently to labour who had published their manifesto that afternoon.

I knew then that things would go badly for her. She was just muddling through from minute to minute. No sense if control and no stage presence.

It is something that I find quietly reassuring. We read about the Machiavellian cunning of our politicians and fear for our liberty and property. And then Doris or Wurzel pitch up with their arse numbingly dull cliches and transparent lies and we think Jesus, anyone with a couple of brain cells can handle these silly buggers.  :D
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester post_id=5091 time=1573378104 user_id=62
Dozy Doris went into the 2017 election with a promise to tax the pensioners' coal allowance and take the school dinners out of the mouths of toddlers. It was electoral suicide but fun. Boris, on the other hand, appears to have realised that all he need do is jump up and down like a ferret with haemorrhoids but not say much of anything for fear of losing his mega point lead.

So unless Wurzel decides to nationalise the royal corgis, this looks like being a rather quiet election.

I remember the evening labour launched their 2017 manifesto. Theresa May had her party machine advertise a "telephone town hall" whereby anyone who fancied a laugh could register their phone number (and thus be assured of endless begging calls) and in return the party would call you up when Theresa launched her election campaign speech, and you could put questions ....

I went out and spent 50p on an Asda SIM card I put in a long disused Nokia clamshell that I registered with their site under the name of one of my dungeons and dragons characters. I burned the SIM afterwards.

But the point was, that speech was so bad, so dreary, so lacking in any answers...

The first two questions received a "you'll have to wait for our manifesto launch in a few days" even though she was being asked for what she would do differently to labour who had published their manifesto that afternoon.

I knew then that things would go badly for her. She was just muddling through from minute to minute. No sense if control and no stage presence.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=5123 time=1573382855 user_id=62
Well Toots, I think that we should remember that we are dealing with politicians so we need not worry about integrity because they don't have any.

As for economics, BoJo ran London for 8 years and despite much moaning and groaning the city never went broke. His deal may not be the best one going but it is a deal and one that can be worked on. Nigel Farage won't be any use in such a situation. He can rally the troops and lead glorious charges, but ultimately he will end up being slaughtered by Brussels' redcoats.

I am not worried so much by Wurzel's policies as the fact that they change every 5 minutes.

So I will hold my nose and vote for Boris.

Yes and in the end I expect I will too, but must admit I will find it painful this time. I am not a BJ lover at all and have not seen him in post long enough to make a judgement not just of the man but his leadership impact on the Conservatives. It all seems to be in the melting pot. I would like to see a majority to give some direction in Westminster but at the same time a runaway majority might go to his head and I'm not sure I trust his head. I know from other OE's that he is incredibly clever and much of the buffoon is an act that seems to make him more approachable than many, but he seems headstrong/reckless at times and that worries me.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=5102 time=1573380233 user_id=54
My dilemma in one! I hardly think I am alone. If I concentrate on Brexit then I am not happy with the deal. If I think about the economy I fear that the Conservatives are going for broke and trying to buy the vote. Something I have accused Corbyn of before. BJ is a very new PM and even his team gives little to allow any real judgement. I loathed Hammond but he was at least the devil we knew, Javid is untried as yet, but seems to have upended the cash register and is spilling cash all over the place. That makes me nervous. With the results of Brexit unknown, with a few exceptions I feel we should be being careful financially.

All the hustings I have watched so far do not give me much confidence either in the integrity or the statesmanship of anyone. I have never been in this position before and find it un-nerving to say the least.

Well Toots, I think that we should remember that we are dealing with politicians so we need not worry about integrity because they don't have any.

As for economics, BoJo ran London for 8 years and despite much moaning and groaning the city never went broke. His deal may not be the best one going but it is a deal and one that can be worked on. Nigel Farage won't be any use in such a situation. He can rally the troops and lead glorious charges, but ultimately he will end up being slaughtered by Brussels' redcoats.

I am not worried so much by Wurzel's policies as the fact that they change every 5 minutes.

So I will hold my nose and vote for Boris.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

T00ts, Thomas only wants you to vote for Boris as he considers it a step towards Indyref2 and freedom for Bonnie Scotland. ;)

I think if no one says too much and upsets the apple cart it is in the bag for Boris. The Brexit party are beginning to look like spoilt brats trying to put ultimatums to the Tories to help them get some seats. Without any help they are due to get no seats at all, just like UKIP.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=5117 time=1573382393 user_id=58
Personally i am proud how they behave in your parliament. They stand up for scotland , and after a lifetime of watching the feeble fifty and co make up the numbers of the english labour party after receiving scotland vote , then doing nothing for scotland over each parliamentary term , the snp are a revelation and sight to behold.

Im embarressed by your parliaments behaviour , not the snp behaviour in it , and remember im trying to take scottish mps out of englands parliament . :hattip

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Fair enough. What a difference perspective makes!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=5114 time=1573381921 user_id=54

I know your SNP devotion but don't you get a bit embarrassed sometimes at how they behave in Parliament?

Personally i am proud how they behave in your parliament. They stand up for scotland , and after a lifetime of watching the feeble fifty and co make up the numbers of the english labour party after receiving scotland vote , then doing nothing for scotland over each parliamentary term , the snp are a revelation and sight to behold.

Im embarressed by your parliaments behaviour , not the snp behaviour in it , and remember im trying to take scottish mps out of englands parliament . :hattip

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=5106 time=1573380880 user_id=58
personally i dont think there is any contest toots.

You might not be happy with the tories , but wurzel in power is beyond the pale.

If you dont like the tory brexit deal , at least tryand see how it goes. You can always vote brexit party next time  , but at least this time brexit will go forward.

However under labour , we will have nothing more than BRINO , at best , or at worst more likely another 5 years of absolute confusion delay while the marxists pick our back pockets.

Im still paying for tony blairs PFI projects all these years later here in scotland , you know how it goes under labour , tax and spend tax and spend and billions in debt left for our children.

Labour ran glasgow city council for 8 decades , and when they were finally kicked out , they left the new administration with debt levels that couldnt be covered with council tax receipts.

They bankrupted the city council , just like they left the tories in 2010 with a note saying theres no money left.

As they say , the labour party always and i mean always run out of other peoples money to spend every single time on every single platform that they govern from.

I have never voted tory in my life, but if faced with a choice of voting tory or labour , with a gun to my head i would vote tory. I could not give my vote to a marxist hard left economy destroying anti semite .

I do know that here in a strong Conservative area my 'dilemma' is a bit pointless. However there is part of me that feels that Conservatives are not innocent in the debacle that has been and I want somehow to send a message that they do not have my approval wholeheartedly. I guess I will have to do the inevitable but it irks this time.

I know your SNP devotion but don't you get a bit embarrassed sometimes at how they behave in Parliament?

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=5102 time=1573380233 user_id=54
My dilemma in one! I hardly think I am alone. If I concentrate on Brexit then I am not happy with the deal. If I think about the economy I fear that the Conservatives are going for broke and trying to buy the vote. Something I have accused Corbyn of before. BJ is a very new PM and even his team gives little to allow any real judgement. I loathed Hammond but he was at least the devil we knew, Javid is untried as yet, but seems to have upended the cash register and is spilling cash all over the place. That makes me nervous. With the results of Brexit unknown, with a few exceptions I feel we should be being careful financially.

All the hustings I have watched so far do not give me much confidence either in the integrity or the statesmanship of anyone. I have never been in this position before and find it un-nerving to say the least.

personally i dont think there is any contest toots.

You might not be happy with the tories , but wurzel in power is beyond the pale.

If you dont like the tory brexit deal , at least tryand see how it goes. You can always vote brexit party next time  , but at least this time brexit will go forward.

However under labour , we will have nothing more than BRINO , at best , or at worst more likely another 5 years of absolute confusion delay while the marxists pick our back pockets.

Im still paying for tony blairs PFI projects all these years later here in scotland , you know how it goes under labour , tax and spend tax and spend and billions in debt left for our children.

Labour ran glasgow city council for 8 decades , and when they were finally kicked out , they left the new administration with debt levels that couldnt be covered with council tax receipts.

They bankrupted the city council , just like they left the tories in 2010 with a note saying theres no money left.

As they say , the labour party always and i mean always run out of other peoples money to spend every single time on every single platform that they govern from.

I have never voted tory in my life, but if faced with a choice of voting tory or labour , with a gun to my head i would vote tory. I could not give my vote to a marxist hard left economy destroying anti semite .

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=5098 time=1573379558 user_id=58
Even so toots , i would imagine from reading your posts over time , you seriously cant contemplate jeremy corbyn in 10 downing street.

So with that in mind , i would imagine however displeased you are with the conservatives , a vote for other parties in england , or not voting ,  runs the risk of putting wurzel in 10 downing street.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=5095 time=1573378687 user_id=54
It's still too noisy for me! I am struggling to find anywhere to put my vote and no amount of jumping through financial hoops with ridiculous balloons of debt attached, flying high over the next few generations, is persuading me to make my mark.

This election resembles a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Even so toots , i would imagine from reading your posts over time , you seriously cant contemplate jeremy corbyn in 10 downing street.

So with that in mind , i would imagine however displeased you are with the conservatives , a vote for other parties in england , or not voting ,  runs the risk of putting wurzel in 10 downing street.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=5091 time=1573378104 user_id=62
Dozy Doris went into the 2017 election with a promise to tax the pensioners' coal allowance and take the school dinners out of the mouths of toddlers. It was electoral suicide but fun. Boris, on the other hand, appears to have realised that all he need do is jump up and down like a ferret with haemorrhoids but not say much of anything for fear of losing his mega point lead.

So unless Wurzel decides to nationalise the royal corgis, this looks like being a rather quiet election.

It's still too noisy for me! I am struggling to find anywhere to put my vote and no amount of jumping through financial hoops with ridiculous balloons of debt attached, flying high over the next few generations, is persuading me to make my mark.

This election resembles a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.