No respect

Started by T00ts, December 07, 2020, 12:37:58 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: patman post on December 07, 2020, 01:45:19 PM
Those lies were not specifically aimed at France.  Francophobe feelings among the English are a subset of the general xenophobia that exists in a large section of the English against almost every other nationality. Some don't even like citizens of the other nations in the British Isles...

** stand by for different versions of " but some of my best friends are..."

Millions of our people have died in their defence.
Our soldiers are currently deployed to protect them even now.

We take the piss out the French.
That is not the same as xenophobia. Mo matter how much you may wish to spin us racists.
No other country has ever done more for them. No other country is currently doing more for them.

Not that you could tell by the way they treat us.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 07, 2020, 01:17:29 PM
The Daily Heil lied, about bent bananas, straight cucumbers  and EU elfin safety regulations that were bugger all to do with the EU.

The Daily Mail campaigned for Remain.

Only two mainstream media sources were anti EU.
The Express and The Daily Telegraph.

All TV, radio stations and all but two newspapers were pro EU.

The people voted to leave not because of propaganda, but in spite of it.

Sheepy

Those lies were not specifically aimed at France.  Francophobe feelings among the English are a subset of the general xenophobia that exists in a large section of the English against almost every other nationality. Some don't even like citizens of the other nations in the British Isles...

Some don't like it when somebody thinks they have the intelligence to take the piss, but when it comes right down to it, they don't.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 07, 2020, 01:50:09 PM
Plenty of nastiness was/is aimed at "the French."
Mainly by their own people, who riot daily. When they ain't smashing the place up or on strike causing tail backs. Give it a fecking rest.

papasmurf

Those lies were not specifically aimed at France. 

Plenty of nastiness was/is aimed at "the French."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 07, 2020, 01:41:08 PM
For a man who was presumably born and bred in the UK somewhere you appear to have little loyalty to your country.
You will only get called names. when they don't have a real answer.

patman post

The Daily Heil lied, about bent bananas, straight cucumbers  and EU elfin safety regulations that were bugger all to do with the EU.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 07, 2020, 01:41:08 PM
For a man who was presumably born and bred in the UK somewhere you appear to have little loyalty to your country.

I am very loyal to my country and it's citizens unlike the politicians who would sell use down the river and don't care about British citizens at all.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 07, 2020, 01:21:25 PM
Oh, that somehow changed how people thought about the EU? you just ain't getting it and never will, that leaky old mobile home has somehow become the only thing left you care about.

From the xenophobic rants over the year in this and other forums it very obviously did rabble rouse anti-EU feeling.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 07, 2020, 12:56:39 PM
Why should they have any respect for us?  Given the at least three decades long anti-EU lies and propaganda and insults thrown at them from Britain.

Sheepy

Oh, that somehow changed how people thought about the EU? you just ain't getting it and never will, that leaky old mobile home has somehow become the only thing left you care about.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 07, 2020, 01:00:16 PM
Who lied, Government after government did, we said all along what the EU were and are. Like a slow dripping tap.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 07, 2020, 12:56:39 PM
Why should they have any respect for us?  Given the at least three decades long anti-EU lies and propaganda and insults thrown at them from Britain.
Who lied, Government after government did, we said all along what the EU were and are. Like a slow dripping tap.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 07, 2020, 12:37:58 PM
It is driving me mad. Here we are still trying to negotiate with the EU. France just miles from us seem to loathe us. They didn't want us in the EEC in the beginning and now that we are leaving they are doing their best to damage us. How arrogant!

The one thing that is so evident is that there is no respect for us at all. If that is true then chances are that there is no respect within the EU unless each country is prepared to tow the line. It reminds me of the worst school playground where bully kids square up to the lad or lass that won't submit. We need to walk away. They won't respect us until we properly stand up to them.

Sheepy

Funny old-world toots, when it comes to their turn, they all want a seat on the escape committee.