What does no-deal 'Australia-style' Brexit mean?

Started by GBNews, December 09, 2020, 07:02:11 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 11, 2020, 12:46:05 PM
A virus and the reaction to it has taken many freedoms away.
You seem perfectly happy with that and even applaud it.

I am not happy at all, Bojo-The-Clown dithered and is still dithering about Covid-19 and thousands have died because of it.
There has been no enforcement. I would write Bojo has no balls but he has fathered an unknown number of children.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2020, 12:41:17 PM
Why vote Tory then when they are intent in taking those freedoms away.
A virus and the reaction to it has taken many freedoms away.
You seem perfectly happy with that and even applaud it.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Malcolm Turnbull tells UK 'be careful what you wish for' over EU trade

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55272377

Brexit: Malcolm Turnbull tells UK 'be careful what you wish for' over EU trade
Published2 hours ago

A former Australian prime minister has warned the UK to be "careful what you wish for" when it comes to EU trade.

Boris Johnson has told people and businesses to prepare for the "strong possibility" we will not agree a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU, and end up trading on "Australian" terms.

But Malcolm Turnbull said there was no trade deal between his country and the bloc, which meant "large barriers".

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 12:39:42 PM
Most of us have - it is therefore our duty not to waste what they gave.

Why vote Tory then when they are intent in taking those freedoms away.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 11, 2020, 12:35:39 PM
Oh, so the message of what a no deal Brexit means is:
>
>
>
Tories bad.

The Tories want sovereignty, for them to do what they like to the poor, vulnerable and the working class. A no deal Brexit gives them that.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2020, 12:23:24 PM
Toots frankly you know bugger all about me and make a lot of wrong assumptions.
I have a long list of relatives going back getting on for 130 years who fought and died or suffered physical and mental injury for the freedoms most of us take for granted.  The Tories have spent the last 10 years spitting on the graves of my relatives in some corner of a foreign field and are trying hard to take those freedoms away.
The Tories think they have a God given right to rule the country and they don't give a damn for anyone but themselves.

Most of us have - it is therefore our duty not to waste what they gave.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2020, 12:23:24 PM
I have a long list of relatives going back getting on for 130 years who fought and died or suffered physical and mental injury for the freedoms most of us take for granted.  The Tories have spent the last 10 years spitting on the graves of my relatives in some corner of a foreign field and are trying hard to take those freedoms away.
The Tories think they have a God given right to rule the country and they don't give a damn for anyone but themselves.
Oh, so the message of what a no deal Brexit means is:
>
>
>
Tories bad.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 12:16:12 PM
No that's what you pretend. You are anti politicians. It wouldn't matter what any politician did for this country you would disagree. At some point this nation has to find the guts and inspiration to crawl out from the false EU comfort blanket that over the years has steadily created a wall of false protection around those countries who, like boiling frogs, have calmly accepted each and every devious step and not recognised the damage that it has done to so many.

The poor folk in the EU will have to wait for their vaccines. Why? No doubt because all 27 nations will have to agree at some level or other. Where will the first vaccines go do you think? It will be interesting to wait and see. The only real thing the EU has achieved thus far is to blindside each member into believing their version of success. Open your eyes Pappy.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2020, 12:08:04 PM
I am not anti-British, I am anti-Tory.

No that's what you pretend. You are anti politicians. It wouldn't matter what any politician did for this country you would disagree. At some point this nation has to find the guts and inspiration to crawl out from the false EU comfort blanket that over the years has steadily created a wall of false protection around those countries who, like boiling frogs, have calmly accepted each and every devious step and not recognised the damage that it has done to so many.

The poor folk in the EU will have to wait for their vaccines. Why? No doubt because all 27 nations will have to agree at some level or other. Where will the first vaccines go do you think? It will be interesting to wait and see. The only real thing the EU has achieved thus far is to blindside each member into believing their version of success. Open your eyes Pappy.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 12:05:12 PM
It depends what Brits you mix with. I can't believe that you can be so anti British.

I am not anti-British, I am anti-Tory.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 10, 2020, 07:23:39 PM
People habits change? That is laughable.  If it isn't wrapped in batter Brits won't eat fish. If prices drop any more the fishermen will go bankrupt.

Not many Brits will tuck into this:-

It depends what Brits you mix with. I can't believe that you can be so anti British. Almost every post from you puts your fellow countryman down. What does that attitude really achieve? Thank goodness you are retired and thus have little to no impact on the welfare of the nation.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on December 10, 2020, 07:23:39 PM
People habits change? That is laughable.  If it isn't wrapped in batter Brits won't eat fish. If prices drop any more the fishermen will go bankrupt.

You are probably aware, but our old fish consumption habits may be forced to change anyway..

https://www.google.com/search?q=british+warmer+climate+no+cod&oq=british+warmer+climate+no+cod&aqs=chrome..69i57.7486j0j4&client=ms-android-h3g-gb-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

What a shame. But what can you do.

Of course, people's obsession with trying to hook/catch/master trawler bait what they can't get won't change, which is sad, but nor will the almost fanatically obsessed Brexiters who have lost all sense of reality, and will settle for any old toot given to them by "HM Govt" even if it's a 'sellout' deal. Nonetheless, folks have an extra sad obsession with the Brexit talks, they rather remind me of those south korean spycam voyeurs or something..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-45388759

They probably want to watch what Michel Barnier's been saying behind their back in the salle de bains like swivel eyed loons generally do. 😸
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 10, 2020, 07:10:27 PM
When the markets increase their presence of fish and shellfish the price will come down and peoples habits will change. If they don't then it's their own problem.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 10, 2020, 12:07:58 PM
Nick in general terms British people do not eat the premium fresh fish and shell fish caught by the British fishing industry.
You are falling into the same trap as George Useless.

When the markets increase their presence of fish and shellfish the price will come down and peoples habits will change. If they don't then it's their own problem.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 10, 2020, 04:16:48 PM
WTO terms won't mean GB/UK will sink without trace,

True but it will be a disaster with poor people in Britain bearing the brunt.