This is it I am telling you, final, final, finally

Started by Sheepy, December 10, 2020, 12:39:51 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry on December 10, 2020, 07:24:12 PMWhere's that Hotel California vid you kept taunting us with?
Still no fat lady singing, yet.

Trump has gone, theres vaccines coming for the pox and the Sky doesn't look like its going to fall in on Jan 1st. I'm just wondering what Quack Quack is going to find to get hysterical over now?  :D :D :D

Borg Refinery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDdMA0hfXg

Some may view him in the matter, I couldn't possibly comment.

"It tells how the servants Figaro and Susanna succeed in getting married, foiling the efforts of their philandering employer Count Almaviva to seduce Susanna and teaching him a lesson in fidelity."

There's probably a lesson in there somewhere, alternatively it may be a nonsense post. Who knows anymore? :D
+++

Barry

Where's that Hotel California vid you kept taunting us with?
Still no fat lady singing, yet.
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/10/raab-eu-must-make-substantial-shift-for-brexit-talks-to-succeed

QuoteBut in a flurry of announcements, the European commission said it would legislate to temporarily allow airlines from the UK to operate flights across its territory and it would keep roads open to British hauliers for six months, if the government maintained regulations equivalent to EU law.

On Thursday the UK foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, said the talks were unlikely to be extended beyond Sunday's deadline without substantial concessions from Brussels.

But in a hint that the government hopes discussions might continue after the weekend if progress is being made, Johnson's spokesman said: "Both the prime minister and Ursula von der Leyen have agreed that a firm decision should be made about the future of talks by Sunday." He declined to say what the substance of any potential compromise might be.

You might have to add a few more 'finally's", Barry  :D :D :D

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on December 10, 2020, 06:27:15 PM
You invite Toots for a Tango, she plays hard to get.
Hmm think T00ts is more G&T or ceylon tea person than a can of artificially coloured pop. ;)

Anyway I had hoped the parting be more amicable but we need to say shove it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Boris just tweeted:

Now is the time for the public and businesses to get ready for the Australian option on January 1st.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

You invite Toots for a Tango, she plays hard to get.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/eu-says-serious-disruption-and-public-disorder-on-roads-within-weeks-if-no-brexit-deal-agreed-140218645.html
That is, that then, we will smash the place up, you probably haven't noticed but half the EU is already being smashed up. The other half has been locked up under Covid.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on December 10, 2020, 04:52:12 PM
Oh Gerry have you never hear the saying 'give them enough rope to hang themselves' ?
I have yep, doesn't apply here though

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on December 10, 2020, 04:30:16 PM
No EU country has engaged directly with the UK, Barnier is the man. But Johnson, My, Frost, Cummings are all went on EU tours to try get the Germans or French or Irish to budge. Doesn't ever sink in. Even Johnson's trip last night was a waste of time. He needs to talk with Barnier.
The reason the UK is still here is IT keeps asking for EXTENSIONS. Their never offered only asked for. Johnson keeps talking about no deal but keeps talking. If it's no deal whats he playing at.

Oh Gerry have you never hear the saying 'give them enough rope to hang themselves' ?

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on December 10, 2020, 02:51:29 PM
No not at all. I am fed up with the EU pretence at negotiations although hardly surprised. You would think they would tire of always playing the same games. I am just hoping that BJ and his cohorts have the mettle to tell them where to stick it sooner rather than later. I wouldn't put it past the EU to delay until 11.55pm on News Years Eve or even offer a talks extension on the proviso that we continue to pay. I really want BJ to call it. It's interesting that the latest direction to member states is not to engage directly with the UK. It seems they are all much more jittery than the Commission would have us believe.
No EU country has engaged directly with the UK, Barnier is the man. But Johnson, My, Frost, Cummings are all went on EU tours to try get the Germans or French or Irish to budge. Doesn't ever sink in. Even Johnson's trip last night was a waste of time. He needs to talk with Barnier.
The reason the UK is still here is IT keeps asking for EXTENSIONS. Their never offered only asked for. Johnson keeps talking about no deal but keeps talking. If it's no deal whats he playing at.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 10, 2020, 02:51:29 PM
No not at all. I am fed up with the EU pretence at negotiations although hardly surprised. You would think they would tire of always playing the same games. I am just hoping that BJ and his cohorts have the mettle to tell them where to stick it sooner rather than later. I wouldn't put it past the EU to delay until 11.55pm on News Years Eve or even offer a talks extension on the proviso that we continue to pay. I really want BJ to call it. It's interesting that the latest direction to member states is not to engage directly with the UK. It seems they are all much more jittery than the Commission would have us believe.
Well Bors was sent over with his, we ain't having it and came back full of Turbot and finally, finally, but we might need an extension. We will just end up doing what we should have done in the first place and kick them all out.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on December 10, 2020, 02:34:24 PM
you seem a bit tetchy Toots, it wasn't Barry was it? I was only doing what we Britons do, amuse myself with a few truths dressed up in a comedy fashion, while it might seem we are laughing at everyone else, we are really laughing at our own folly. While in the background the music is always dire if you don't obey the mistress.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 10, 2020, 02:21:36 PM
Wonderful!   ::)
you seem a bit tetchy Toots, it wasn't Barry was it? I was only doing what we Britons do, amuse myself with a few truths dressed up in a comedy fashion, while it might seem we are laughing at everyone else, we are really laughing at our own folly. While in the background the music is always dire if you don't obey the mistress.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on December 10, 2020, 02:02:56 PM
Well, that is truly wonderful, we are dancing at the moment to where are your troosers Jock. Do feel free to do a highland fling.

Wonderful!   ::)