Main Menu

Poverty?

Started by T00ts, December 11, 2020, 01:00:56 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 01:00:56 PM
I'm probably sticking my neck out but what actually constitutes poverty in this country?

not having  the new i phone or play station five i think?

Seriously though toots ask five people and you will get five different answers.

poverty is that bad in scotland and england folk are dying attemtping to paddle across the channel to get to the promised land becasue poverty in the yookay is much bettter than poverty in whatever shithole they came from.

I grew up in material poverty i suppose as a child , council flat in a city , didnt have holidays abroad and many of the things kids today for example take for granted.

I tell you though i had a feckin fantastic childhood , and the privilige of being born into the worlds greatest country  , scotland , and this is what some folk in their never ending whinges about "the poor the poor" seems to forget.

Life isnt perfect anywhere , but if you are lucky enough to be born into great countries like scotland or england , then you know you have hit the jackpot in life.

I would rather be poor here than poor in some asian or african shithole.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 01:00:56 PM
I'm probably sticking my neck out but what actually constitutes poverty in this country?

Poverty affects millions of people in the UK. Poverty means not being able to heat your home, pay your rent, or buy the essentials for your children. It means waking up every day facing insecurity, uncertainty, and impossible decisions about money. It means facing marginalisation – and even discrimination – because of your financial circumstances. The constant stress it causes can lead to problems that deprive people of the chance to play a full part in society.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts