Chocoholic? I'm gutted!

Started by T00ts, December 11, 2020, 02:14:57 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 08:25:19 PM
Let's look on the bright side for a while.
Before long once Brexit is complete you with Beelb, HQQ and I can't remember how many others will have the space to campaign for re-joining the EU just as Brexiteers have opposed for over 40 years.
I will have ample supplies of Choc to keep me going.
Pappy is daily nearer to vaccination and trips out on his bike.
With Christmas break and universal jollity and good humour the Mods will have nothing to do although UK broadband might disintegrate on Jan 1st if Ursula or Barnier have anything to do with it which might keep Nick and JofG and any other interested party busy.
Deppity, Borchester and no doubt others will wonder what a pub looks like having got used to drinking at home.
Most of all we will all be united in a band of bonhomie - no political disagreement - since we'll all be busy seeking out buy British shopping for the good of all, as we all pool our talents to take this wonderful country forward into the bright blue beyond.

What a lovely thought that is.   :-*

At no point have I ever, nor will I ever be part of a campaign to either remain, or rejoin or similar. I abstained for good reason. Liking the EU isn't the same as wanting to be part of the Anglo remain campaign, we shouldn't be part of the EU if all we seek to gain from it is a financial advantage as I've always maintained - either we believe in the majority of aims of the project, or we shouldn't even seek to want in. That doesn't mean I want to rejoin by the way.

That doesn't mean I think Brexit is a 'good idea' either, but you can count on me to relentlessly criticise and moan non-stop about any topic you wish to put in front of me. Even folks in my family say I have the ability to spoil films by watching them and relentlessly taking the piss. Tis is what happened with that film 'Elf' which I never saw before last xmas, but it's not my fault it's a terrible film? See what I'm getting at.. ;) Brexit is just like that film, Elf. It's a 'feel good' thing that is highly rated but I can't stand it because it's shit.  :P Don't blame me, I didn't make it...

Anyway, that doesn't mean I don't wany everyone here to have a great  xmas or for Brexit to be a success, it would be great if it was a success obviously, that goes without saying. Just like it goes without saying that I'd rather Bojo did a great job and rubbed my face in the mud by coming out with huge success after huge success.

It's better to be completely wrong but to see the majority doing well, that isn't selfish. That is what I think anyway.

So I'll be completely clear - hopefully you are proven 100% right and I'm proven 100% wrong, there you go. Can't really say fairer than that can you? :)
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 08:25:19 PM

I can go for trips out on my new motorcycle anyway. (Weather permitting) Government clarification about that emailed to me some time ago.

You can ride for recreation on public roads so long as you are:

on your own
with one person from another household, or
with the people you live with (your household) or your support bubble

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on December 11, 2020, 07:53:45 PM
I think knee deep is more accurate. We're certainly knee deep in something this xmas, many are certainly full of something.... but that's xmas for you, a filling time I guess.  Anyway, they say good quality dark chocolate contains flavonoids which are very good for you and cacoa nibs are some of those new wonderful health foods or whatever.

It's probably better to be having small amounts of dark chocolate rather than loads of high- milk fat stuff, but the cheaper higher milk fat content stuff is more widely available and everyone's squeezed for cash and much else at xmas so there's that I guess. I still like the old Morrisons boxes myself, but I don't mostly bother buying choco anymore.

Let's look on the bright side for a while.
Before long once Brexit is complete you with Beelb, HQQ and I can't remember how many others will have the space to campaign for re-joining the EU just as Brexiteers have opposed for over 40 years.
I will have ample supplies of Choc to keep me going.
With Christmas break and universal jollity and good humour the Mods will have nothing to do although UK broadband might disintegrate on Jan 1st if Ursula or Barnier have anything to do with it which might keep Nick and JofG and any other interested party busy.
Deppity, Borchester and no doubt others will wonder what a pub looks like having got used to drinking at home.
Most of all we will all be united in a band of bonhomie - no political disagreement - since we'll all be busy seeking out buy British shopping for the good of all, as we all pool our talents to take this wonderful country forward into the bright blue beyond.

What a lovely thought that is.   :-*

Borg Refinery

I think knee deep is more accurate. We're certainly knee deep in something this xmas, many are certainly full of something.... but that's xmas for you, a filling time I guess.  Anyway, they say good quality dark chocolate contains flavonoids which are very good for you and cacoa nibs are some of those new wonderful health foods or whatever.

It's probably better to be having small amounts of dark chocolate rather than loads of high- milk fat stuff, but the cheaper higher milk fat content stuff is more widely available and everyone's squeezed for cash and much else at xmas so there's that I guess. I still like the old Morrisons boxes myself, but I don't mostly bother buying choco anymore.
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on December 11, 2020, 07:36:03 PM
If we go and sabotage the right factories, we could actually make it snow the stuff -

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/lindt-chocolate-snow-falls-sky-22544198

..All snow matters!

WOW!! Just imagine that although when you posted 'snow' I was thinking feet deep stuff!   ::) ::)

Borg Refinery

..crepes suzette and eccles cakes? Shortbread?  :P

Btw if we go and sabotage the right factories, we could actually make it snow the stuff -

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/lindt-chocolate-snow-falls-sky-22544198

..All snow matters!
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on December 11, 2020, 07:14:50 PM
father in law just sent me a text saying why is it all the fish in the channel belong to the eu , but the people on dinghies belong to the uk? :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Absolutely right!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 07:10:04 PM
A quick research suggests that British made and owned means Thorntons! Whoopee!!  (Why don't we have a dancing emoji any more?)

father in law just sent me a text saying why is it all the fish in the channel belong to the eu , but the people on dinghies belong to the uk? :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 11, 2020, 07:11:44 PM
Bloody creeping sod......Don Juan two........testing :P :P :P :P

Hang on a sec! Any damsel in distress values the odd knight in shining armour on a pure white steed, rushing to her aid, particularly if he is wielding a huge box of Thorntons!   :-*

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 11, 2020, 06:30:32 PM
Fear not, fair damsel. Though these other charlatans ignore your pleas, I am riding to your rescue with an extra large tin of Quality Street  :D :D :D
Bloody creeping sod......Don Juan two........testing :P :P :P :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

A quick research suggests that British made and owned means Thorntons! Whoopee!!  (Why don't we have a dancing emoji any more?)

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2020, 02:14:57 PM
I have finally got to the Daily Fail's outlook on the world and I am flung into a pit of despair.

They tell me that over Christmas my chocolate intake per day should be limited to 2 Quality Street and one triangle of Toblerone.  Now I love the giant purple ones of QS, and  am not enamoured with Toby, but Covid is already destroying Christmas excess and this could really send me over the edge!

Save me!

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Thank you all. I have had some time to regain my equilibrium and remind myself to ignore most advice from the guilt police and dentists and have a bit of what makes me feel good. I have just one proviso and that is that I might only indulge in True Brit Red White and Blue chocs!

Barry

I was once told that Milka is the best chocolate in the world, and I won't argue against that.
Ignore the pundits and chocolate yourself.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Im a bit partial to a bar of whole nut , once started it gets demolished . The odd time I leave half in the fridge I find myself returning as soon as Ive eaten the first half to finish it off

Dont take any notice of the rationing police , just eat .

There , your saved  ;D