Main Menu

Positivity

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 10, 2019, 06:00:11 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

You might like to see the town I was born in a bit before when I was born. This is 1949

Although some might laugh, it really was like that. I mean the people were friendly and positive.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Mind you, even in such dire situations, a positive approach turns things around.

I had some crap from the government and I decided to fight them all the way. Now I have resolved it. I see it as a social duty, like if you don't fight evil and rely on someone else then it will come after you eventually. When faced with such difficult problems it is good to apply some lateral thinking. You are at point A and want to get to point B, so are there any ways that have not been tried? They can sometimes be the best solutions. When fighting morons you should not have too much trouble. They have an inherent weakness. That can sometimes mean you can take on the whole gang at once!

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=7320 time=1574697734 user_id=63
There are, but tey are under siege.

The place is full.of drug addled zombies and their law breaking suppliers from county lines.

I think I know who you mean. I just remembered one night in our town, the local music venue was packed out with people i had never seen before. I mingled around outside to take a closer look, and it turned out they had all come down here from North Wales, and their North Wales bands had decided to play in this town. It was like you say, as if I were looking at zombies. I've never seen such depravity in this town and this town is hard to beat on that score.

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7286 time=1574640517 user_id=74
Newport eh? My brother very nearly moved there!!!

It was not his idea but his wife is Chinese, and her best Chinese English friend lives there. We all said it was a bad idea and he got a place in Beaconsfield instead. I find it incredible what beasts live in that area. I'm shocked!!!

I thought Manchester was bad, but these hooligans are worse than any immigrants I've come across. Are there not any civilised places left in that area?

There are, but tey are under siege.

The place is full.of drug addled zombies and their law breaking suppliers from county lines.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=7279 time=1574636193 user_id=63
No, I think what took the biscuit was this, and I know it means I just blew my real name. But that's my choice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-16682054">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sou ... s-16682054">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-16682054

Observe the property in this bbc news web page.

Upstairs is burned out

Downstairs if you look hard enough you will see a light is on.

This photograph was taken three days after I kicked in the side door (not visible) to rescue my daughter and grand daughter then not five months old.

The druggie now doing 37 years for raping, and then butchering the upstairs tenant of this housing association maisonette and cutting the 8 and a half month gestation foetus out of her and butchering it, and then setting fire to the corpses to cover his crime did all that knowing my daughter and grand daughter were asleep downstairs.

The light in the downstairs room is directly over my grand daughters cot

The fire was set directly above the light fitting.

I did not pause to turn the light off as I used my ability to function in low oxygen levels that kill most to get both out of the house.

As a result that lamp burned for six months and the power company tried to sue my daughter for non payment. The police refused us access to turn it off. The council charged council tax on this property and the one they re-housed Sarah in.

And the criminal compensation fund refused to meet my claim as no charges had been brought for the arson.

I had to go to great lengths to force the police to add arson to the charge. They capitulated, but I still had to pay that electric bill which  was not refunded.

There is an upside though

Melissa Merch Sara Merch Ieuan Ap Barbara Merch Iwan Ap Dafydd Ap Rhys Ap Myfanwy Merch Ieuan AP Dafydd Ap Evan Rhys Roderick i'w Hirwain, direct descendant of a welsh prince has had her ancestry proclaimed and accepted by a judge in a welsh court of law.

That will matter if God help YOU plaid cymru ever get to a position where they can declare UDI.

Newport eh? My brother very nearly moved there!!!

It was not his idea but his wife is Chinese, and her best Chinese English friend lives there. We all said it was a bad idea and he got a place in Beaconsfield instead. I find it incredible what beasts live in that area. I'm shocked!!!

I thought Manchester was bad, but these hooligans are worse than any immigrants I've come across. Are there not any civilised places left in that area?

johnofgwent

No, I think what took the biscuit was this, and I know it means I just blew my real name. But that's my choice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-16682054">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sou ... s-16682054">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-16682054

Observe the property in this bbc news web page.

Upstairs is burned out

Downstairs if you look hard enough you will see a light is on.

This photograph was taken three days after I kicked in the side door (not visible) to rescue my daughter and grand daughter then not five months old.

The druggie now doing 37 years for raping, and then butchering the upstairs tenant of this housing association maisonette and cutting the 8 and a half month gestation foetus out of her and butchering it, and then setting fire to the corpses to cover his crime did all that knowing my daughter and grand daughter were asleep downstairs.

The light in the downstairs room is directly over my grand daughters cot

The fire was set directly above the light fitting.

I did not pause to turn the light off as I used my ability to function in low oxygen levels that kill most to get both out of the house.

As a result that lamp burned for six months and the power company tried to sue my daughter for non payment. The police refused us access to turn it off. The council charged council tax on this property and the one they re-housed Sarah in.

And the criminal compensation fund refused to meet my claim as no charges had been brought for the arson.

I had to go to great lengths to force the police to add arson to the charge. They capitulated, but I still had to pay that electric bill which  was not refunded.

There is an upside though

Melissa Merch Sara Merch Ieuan Ap Barbara Merch Iwan Ap Dafydd Ap Rhys Ap Myfanwy Merch Ieuan AP Dafydd Ap Evan Rhys Roderick i'w Hirwain, direct descendant of a welsh prince has had her ancestry proclaimed and accepted by a judge in a welsh court of law.

That will matter if God help YOU plaid cymru ever get to a position where they can declare UDI.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=7259 time=1574623972 user_id=63
An excellent question.

I have been pissed on for so long, by so many, i now know no other way to be.

I shall find peace in death. Whether that be mine,or that of the bastards who have wronged me matters little.

Avoiding people who piss you off is the way to go. Even if you have to make sacrifices, you've go to think what price for peace of mind.

It sound's like your main pisser offer was/is the government and working for them. Imagine how pissed off I felt when i read the wonderful course i was on led to 95% of those who used their knowledge (as opposed to teaching it) were to work for the military, which as we know, is a department of government. The thing was that my father did this and told me what it was like, where all the other students were still in the dark. Well hey, those Chinese ones were OK, cos they went back home and started an industrial revolution. We were done for even before we started! This was 1984.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=7226 time=1574608245 user_id=99
Do you want to be "pissed off as hell" ?

An excellent question.

I have been pissed on for so long, by so many, i now know no other way to be.

I shall find peace in death. Whether that be mine,or that of the bastards who have wronged me matters little.

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=6239 time=1573951853 user_id=63
Well, I used to be a glass half full kind of guy, but the various kickings I have received in the last 30 odd years have completely destroyed that. I am now pissed off as hell and probably about as radicalised as your average ISIS jihadist.

Do you want to be "pissed off as hell" ?
Don't believe everything you think.

Baron von Lotsov

For me it is less politics more construction.

I think I've cleaned out all the bugs on my latest machine. It feels as solid as a rock. I can now write my own programs in BvL code. The BvL compiler works as well.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=6248 time=1573984245 user_id=89
You and a few million others. Where I live I would not be a Tory canvasser for a bet, there are several of my neighbours on a very short fuse about how they have been treated since May 2010, including one self-employed man who ended up having to be referred to a food bank despite him having plenty of work but delays in payment of his invoices left him penniless.

:hattip

As I said in the obituaries thread on the old site, I mourned the passing of Labours Paul Flynn for many reasons.

But one was the events just before Norman Lamont made George Soros a multi billionaire.

Lamont stood up and delivered a budget promising that Defence Prime Contractors would be forced to pay their subcontractors within 30 days.

That night I wrote to Paul Flynn asking if he would be good enough to ask the Chancellor when I can expect my current contract as a freelance subcontractor to Defence Prime Contractor Ferranti International Signal plc to provide IT development services under contract to our nuclear subs to be revised from the current 90 day payment terms in which they are currently an additional 90 days in arrears to be adjusted to 30 days with punitive interest on that unpaid debt as promised.

Flynn obviously expressed great interest and a few days later stood by the despatch box - unusual for a backbencher and that's an understatement - to wave in the air, Neville Chamberlain style, "a letter I have here from a constituent...."

Colour inkjets were unheard of back then.

My company letterheads were a pale beige paper stock with a distinct logo and font in IBM Bright Blue printed for me by a local chap now long gone into administration.

The logo and company name were clearly visible to the cameras as he held my letter aloft.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

But the government response - from Michael Portillo - before he got his eviction notice from the people - informed me the Budget speech was announcing guidelines, which business would be free to follow or ignore "if other custom and practice prevailed" and that i was of course free to pursue payment through the courts in the normal way ....

Ah well. At least we exposed Lamont as lying piece of trash.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=6239 time=1573951853 user_id=63
. I am now pissed off as hell and probably about as radicalised as your average ISIS jihadist.

You and a few million others. Where I live I would not be a Tory canvasser for a bet, there are several of my neighbours on a very short fuse about how they have been treated since May 2010, including one self-employed man who ended up having to be referred to a food bank despite him having plenty of work but delays in payment of his invoices left him penniless.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=5283 time=1573459588 user_id=99
There are a few different strands to this - but I think the one that really stands out is the sense that someone has agency over their positivity.

If you are a particularly positive person, that is no more under your control that any number of other biochemical processes.

Well, I used to be a glass half full kind of guy, but the various kickings I have received in the last 30 odd years have completely destroyed that. I am now pissed off as hell and probably about as radicalised as your average ISIS jihadist.

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=5259 time=1573416907 user_id=49
Taking the basic element of your opening post, that a positive attitude is better, I completely agree with you.

I think as a society we now suffer from 'keeping up with the Joneses-itis' which is unhealthy and breeds negativity. Instead of seeing what we can't do or have, we should see what we can do and have. It's a lesson I've personally learnt over the last year (those members who know me best know why) and I can honestly say it has helped me massively. I'm still not money rich, I'm a long way off where I want to be career wise, but I'm taking positive steps and mentally feeling brighter, which has in turn improved my physical health - I sleep better, I've lost weight and I have more energy.

The trouble is though, as a country we are not in a good place. We have unemployment, we have zero hours contracts, we have a welfare system which does not work, we have huge use of food banks and we have rogue landlords and people who hit the worst off hard (Wonga type loans etc). While I have been able to 'think positive' I can see why many can't, and for that reason we need to have empathy and understanding to those who cannot.

:hattip

johnofgwent

For as long as I can recall, the only thing going through my mind throughout the day is why the ***k am I stuck in this dead end shitehole job.

A bit difficult to have any positivity when all that matters is finding a way to pay the bills before they overwhelm you.