Winning: Ports gridlocked and retailers struggling as Brexit deadline looms

Started by Dynamis, December 12, 2020, 01:14:21 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 12, 2020, 12:50:57 PM
It isn't funny.

I have been looking forward to some sort of mega disaster.  The loss of empire, backs to the wall, one bullet up the spout and eight in the magazine (yeah, I know it is supposed to be ten but the springs are shit) and what do we have, a traffic jam caused by Pappy's caravan falling apart on the M20 and being made worse by him going off to find a Poundland where he can buy some cut price Duct tape.

And that is going to be it. We are heading for very quiet times.

I don't have a caravan,  I have a very old mobile home, which would fall to bits if moved, permanently sited in Brittany. I would not go to Dover for a bet.
This fish/shellfish monger is within a short walk of our mobile home.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

+++

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 12:52:18 PM
There are no garden gnomes in my garden and I have no desire at all to go to Spain. I went to Spain once, once was enough.

spain is sound pappy, you should try noja up near santander and bilbao , like cornwall wae heat.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

It isn't funny.

I have been looking forward to some sort of mega disaster.  The loss of empire, backs to the wall, one bullet up the spout and eight in the magazine (yeah, I know it is supposed to be ten but the springs are shit) and what do we have, a traffic jam caused by Pappy's caravan falling apart on the M20 and being made worse by him going off to find a Poundland where he can buy some cut price Duct tape.

Dyno has a wee wobble a few weeks ago , pappy is carrying on doing the business, but i have extremely high hopes for gerry cascarino to keep the spirits high borkie.

He doesnt come on here at the weekend though does he?

Is that poiteen brewing day in catford?

Anyway have you heard this wan borkie?

Two young men from Glasgow , Archie and Jock, are sitting in the pub

discussing Jock's upcoming wedding.

"It's all going like magic," says Jock. "I've got everything

organised already - the flowers, the church, the cars, the rings."

Archie nods approvingly.

"Man, I've even bought a kilt to be married in!" continues Jock.

"A kilt?" exclaims Archie. "That's grand.. And what's the tartan?"

"Oh," says Jock. "I imagine she'll be in white."

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2020, 12:48:02 PM
honestly toots the tears are running down my face on here this morning in laughter.

Well if we don't go out laughing what's the point of living! I am hoping to be very happy when BJ tells the EU what it can do with it's TA later today hopefully.

It isn't funny.

Now now don't rain on our parade.  I am sure that politicians both at home and abroad will be tempting us into massive slanging matches as they commit themselves to senseless (in the view of some) actions over the next few weeks.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 12, 2020, 12:49:37 PM
Why would you want herding dogs? Are you going to push them into the sea or back over the border?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pappy means well but, well, he means well

:) :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on December 12, 2020, 12:48:19 PM
Careful pap.. I heard they chew up garden gnomes.

Why, were you thinking of smuggling yourself out on a dinghy to get back to Spain?   :D

There are no garden gnomes in my garden and I have no desire at all to go to Spain. I went to Spain once, once was enough.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2020, 12:39:25 PM
Garlic sausage security cameras and christ knows what toots.

I came on here this morning expecting a damn good frightening from gerry , dynamis and all the other remainers regarding the forth coming armageddon , and so far this morning i havent stop laughing reading some of the utter guff being posted on this forum.

It isn't funny.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 12:43:58 PM
There has been next to no enforcement by the police of people breaking Covid-19 regulations.
I was hoping the Tamar Bridge would be shut over the Christmas period to stop the invasion of potential plague carriers.
I may have to resort to razor wire around my property (£30 per 100 metres,) and try and rent/borrow a couple of Malinois dogs.

Last I heard razor wire was illegal in case intruders hurt themselves. Why would you want herding dogs? Are you going to push them into the sea or back over the border?
Quote from: Dynamis on December 12, 2020, 12:48:19 PM

Why, were you thinking of smuggling yourself out on a dinghy to get back to Spain?   :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Borg Refinery

There has been next to no enforcement by the police of people breaking Covid-19 regulations.
I was hoping the Tamar Bridge would be shut over the Christmas period to stop the invasion of potential plague carriers.
I may have to resort to razor wire around my property (£30 per 100 metres,) and try and rent/borrow a couple of Malinois dogs.

Quote from: T00ts on December 12, 2020, 12:45:11 PM
Thomas haven't you noticed? It's Christmas!  That apart though I think most are on the verge of going stir crazy. Some have been closed into their 4 walls while others have been locked into the EU with still dodgy escape routes. Stir crazy is the inevitable psychological result.  ;D ;D

+++

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 12, 2020, 12:45:11 PM
Thomas haven't you noticed? It's Christmas!  That apart though I think most are on the verge of going stir crazy. Some have been closed into their 4 walls while others have been locked into the EU with still dodgy escape routes. Stir crazy is the inevitable psychological result.  ;D ;D

honestly toots the tears are running down my face on here this morning in laughter.

Thomas

hey pappy , i bought one of those dogs years ago from a blacksmith .As soon as i got it home , it made a bolt for the door.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2020, 12:39:25 PM

I came on here this morning expecting a damn good frightening from gerry , dynamis and all the other remainers regarding the forth coming armageddon , and so far this morning i havent stop laughing reading some of the utter guff being posted on this forum.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 12, 2020, 12:30:40 PM
Of course you do! All the police are so busy trying to keep Cornwall virus free they just haven't got any spare capacity.  ;D

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 12, 2020, 12:30:40 PM
Of course you do! All the police are so busy trying to keep Cornwall virus free they just haven't got any spare capacity.  ;D