Gunboats you say? I do indeed

Started by Sheepy, December 12, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 04:45:28 PM
It is part of the governments contingency plans, that was announced some time ago.  Nothing whatsoever to do with French fishing boats.
It also is not dramatic at all.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-support-force-the-mods-continued-contribution-to-the-coronavirus-response

As of 11 December 2020, there were 1,677 military personnel committed to assist with 59 open MACA requests. This number is kept under constant review and military personnel will be available to support where needed. There are also around 14,000 personnel on standby as part of the Winter Preparedness Package who can be called upon for COVID-19 tasks.
which bit of Navy personnel didn't you see then?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2020, 04:39:28 PM
come oan tae feck pappy .You are being overly dramatic yet again.

It is part of the governments contingency plans, that was announced some time ago.  Nothing whatsoever to do with French fishing boats.
It also is not dramatic at all.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-support-force-the-mods-continued-contribution-to-the-coronavirus-response

As of 11 December 2020, there were 1,677 military personnel committed to assist with 59 open MACA requests. This number is kept under constant review and military personnel will be available to support where needed. There are also around 14,000 personnel on standby as part of the Winter Preparedness Package who can be called upon for COVID-19 tasks.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 12, 2020, 04:37:28 PM
Why should we not antagonise them? Presumably you are happy that they seem to be going out of their way to antagonise us.

hand him the white feather toots.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 04:30:02 PM

Those are for assistance to the civil power to stop riots and other problems.

come oan tae feck pappy .You are being overly dramatic yet again.

We have just spent the year with half the population hiding under their bed in terror in case they caught the sniffles , and the other half meekly and extremely docile doing what they are told regarding face masks and all the other severe loss of freedoms that has been forced on us all.

If that hasnt caused riots  , then a lack of camonbert and a few baguettes at the local supermarket  due to brexit is hardly going to stir the watery blood of the timid mice.

Every year i have known you online for as far back as i can remember you have been predicting the next great armageddon just around the corner to blame the tories.

im sure you might be right one day , but more out of sheer luck and the law of averages than any insight.

T00ts

Quote from: HDQQ on December 12, 2020, 03:16:39 PM
It's a very silly move because it will antagonise our former partners in the EU and if the gunboats are deployed, you can bet your last plummeting pound that there will be retaliation and the North Sea and Channel will be awash with gunboats of various nationalities.

Remember that a French minister, speaking out-of-turn, said British people would need to obtain visas in person from the French embassy after Brexit - which wasn't true - but it could become true.
When it comes to grandstanding, I think our own PM has been one of the top perpetrators.

Why should we not antagonise them? Presumably you are happy that they seem to be going out of their way to antagonise us.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 04:30:02 PM

They will get Mark Francois to threaten them with sanctions on frogs legs, and will drop marmite propaganda packages over France.
+++

Sheepy

A part of Britian's contingency plan for no-deal, which Boris Johnson yesterday stated is 'very very possible', is to make use of armed vessels, maritime assault helicopters and further navy personnel to guard fishing waters.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on December 12, 2020, 02:05:35 PM14,000 personnel on stanby from Jan 1st.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 12, 2020, 03:04:32 PM
The way Macron is grandstanding we may need them sooner.
Oh, that's alright Toots, we won't man them, the EU say so.

Thomas

hey quackers make us a new prediction will you?

Brexiters days have come he said.

farages honeymoon is over he said .

lmfao.

member this time last year you were telling us about the silent remain majority that was going to stop brexit in its tracks , and prime minister swinson? :D

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on December 12, 2020, 03:34:47 PM
What will you put in your porridge now?  Gorgonzola?  Roquefort?

salt as ever.

what will you eat with your cheese? sour grapes?

HDQQ

What will you put in your porridge now?  Gorgonzola?  Roquefort?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 12, 2020, 03:22:35 PM
Oh well don't go to France then
Anyway who picked the bloke who wrote the piece in the link/

Anthony France
Sat, 12 December 2020, 11:21 am GMT  :) :)

hey cromwell breaking news!

I've just seen on the news there has been an explosion in a French Cheese Factory.

All that was left is De Brie :D

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 12, 2020, 03:22:35 PM

Anthony France

dont wind him up cromwell or he will start throwing his alpen and herbal tea about.

anthony france. :D

cromwell

Quote from: HDQQ on December 12, 2020, 03:16:39 PM
It's a very silly move because it will antagonise our former partners in the EU and if the gunboats are deployed, you can bet your last plummeting pound that there will be retaliation and the North Sea and Channel will be awash with gunboats of various nationalities.

Remember that a French minister, speaking out-of-turn, said British people would need to obtain visas in person from the French embassy after Brexit - which wasn't true - but it could become true.

Anthony France
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?