Gunboats you say? I do indeed

Started by Sheepy, December 12, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Mod Notice
A lot of posts split from this thread to off topic and will eventually appear in the tower.
Your efforts haven't disappeared just been moved.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/france-gears-war-european-neighbours-153746851.html
Blame each other, do what you like, but UK fish stocks are not on the table. Get it through your dense heads.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on December 12, 2020, 10:13:39 PM
Well I will,madness to rely on a foreign power for what is an essential,and secondly why aren't our utilities publicly owned? Oh yeah the old bat sold 'em off.
Where were the old boy network security services, when all this occurred, I wonder? busy fecking everyone they could no doubt. Fecking cry babies.
Because one thing for sure they weren't keeping the UK power network secure. Or UK fish stocks for that matter.

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on December 12, 2020, 09:52:04 PM
It doesn't have to be fish! As I'm write this reply, we're getting 2 gigawatts of electricity from France, which is 6% of our current demand. Electricity in France is generated by EDF (Électricité de France) which is mainly owned by the French government and is also a major player in the UK electricity industry and happens to be the world's largest electricity provider. Need I say more?
That's because idiot liberal lefty types have installed wind farms instead of nuclear power stations.
It's not very windy, guess what we have a deficit.

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on December 12, 2020, 09:52:04 PMwe're getting 2 gigawatts of electricity from France

You mean we are getting power from EDF, not from France. EDF own some of our infrastructure, a bit of "Unlevel playing field" will change that: Hence the EU's concerns.

Never heard the saying customer is king Ducky?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

It doesn't have to be fish! As I'm write this reply, we're getting 2 gigawatts of electricity from France, which is 6% of our current demand. Electricity in France is generated by EDF (Électricité de France) which is mainly owned by the French government and is also a major player in the UK electricity industry and happens to be the world's largest electricity provider. Need I say more?

Well I will,madness to rely on a foreign power for what is an essential,and secondly why aren't our utilities publicly owned? Oh yeah the old bat sold 'em off.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Need I say more?

Well, you could say that you are emigrating to the EU since you love the place so much
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on December 12, 2020, 08:02:27 PMRetaliation? How the hell can someone retaliate against us protecting our waters? Are they going to protect their waters when we have have no intention of entering them?

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 08:17:05 PMThere has already been a "scallop" war because of British fishermen going into French scalloping areas.

Again your information is wrong. The dispute was because UK boats were allowed to fish 2 weeks before the French. Nothing to do with territory.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 12, 2020, 08:02:27 PM
Retaliation? How the hell can someone retaliate against us protecting our waters? Are they going to protect their waters when we have have no intention of entering them?

"We" have no intention of entering them?  There has already been a "scallop" war because of British fishermen going into French scalloping areas.
(The French Coastguard and navy has far more patrol boats that the British navy and coastguard has.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on December 12, 2020, 03:16:39 PMretaliation

Retaliation? How the hell can someone retaliate against us protecting our waters? Are they going to protect their waters when we have have no intention of entering them?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 04:54:03 PM
I expect civil riots to happen when the food and medicine shortages start plus the forgotten 3 million who have had no financial help at all from government.

well i dont.

So as i said , we will see whos right come next year.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2020, 04:49:44 PM

you made the insinuation as if brexit was going to be a disaster  , there would be civil riots which is what i was calling out.

I expect civil riots to happen when the food and medicine shortages start plus the forgotten 3 million who have had no financial help at all from government.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 04:45:28 PM
It is part of the governments contingency plans, that was announced some time ago.  Nothing whatsoever to do with French fishing boats.
It also is not dramatic at all.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-support-force-the-mods-continued-contribution-to-the-coronavirus-response

As of 11 December 2020, there were 1,677 military personnel committed to assist with 59 open MACA requests. This number is kept under constant review and military personnel will be available to support where needed. There are also around 14,000 personnel on standby as part of the Winter Preparedness Package who can be called upon for COVID-19 tasks.

so where does it mention "riots"?

you made the insinuation as if brexit was going to be a disaster  , there would be civil riots which is what i was calling out.

As borkie said to you the other week , if the sky doesnt fall on our heads next year , you and your fellow drama queens are going to have some almighty explaining to do?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!