Gunboats you say? I do indeed

Started by Sheepy, December 12, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on December 21, 2020, 01:13:41 PM
All products will be checked to see if they are animals.
Well, 1% of them anyway.

I don't think they will be opening any Amazon boxes somehow.

Checks will be intelligence led.
Un Irish, I know.

So if you have a truck full of sheep, they will check your paperwork.
Checks on animals from GB to NI exist today, thats the current arrangement. The UK may decide to check nothing, a smugglers paradise. How would GB know a NI company were just shipping goods from ROI to GB tariff free. Sure thats brilliant, all ROI has to do is ship from a NI address and we can get all our goods into the UK tariff free.

Borg Refinery

+++

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 21, 2020, 03:58:18 AM
No baff, all product going NI to GB and GB to NI. All product.
There will be no tariffs for those products but there will be checks to make sure whats on the form is in the box.

All products will be checked to see if they are animals.
Well, 1% of them anyway.

I don't think they will be opening any Amazon boxes somehow.

Checks will be intelligence led.
Un Irish, I know.

So if you have a truck full of sheep, they will check your paperwork.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on December 20, 2020, 03:32:27 PM
You have secured a border in the UK for animals. (and some plants).
Well done.
Clearly this massive victory has made you very happy with the arrangement.
We humans are glad that you are so pleased with the outcome.

Are we to expect your street parties?
No baff, all product going NI to GB and GB to NI. All product.
There will be no tariffs for those products but there will be checks to make sure whats on the form is in the box.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 19, 2020, 11:26:12 AM
"it was announced"
Must be true so
"havent helped themselves"
Apart from securing a border in the middle of the UK ans keeping NI alligned with the EU.
Sounds to me like IRL got exactly what it was looking for.

You have secured a border in the UK for animals. (and some plants).
Well done.
Clearly this massive victory has made you very happy with the arrangement.
We humans are glad that you are so pleased with the outcome.

Are we to expect your street parties?

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on December 13, 2020, 12:17:26 PM
Once again it was announced that Ireland would suffer most with no deal. No wonder Gerry has been jumping up and down hysterically. I do feel sorry for them in some ways but they haven't helped themselves.
"it was announced"
Must be true so
"havent helped themselves"
Apart from securing a border in the middle of the UK ans keeping NI alligned with the EU.
Sounds to me like IRL got exactly what it was looking for.

Baff

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 01:46:59 PM
Maybe we can test out the new targeting pod upgrades on our Typhoons and start blowing up Irish fishing boats too? What do you think? Storm Shadows or AAAW's? We don't barfing aborted attempts at it, feckin full on attack mode!
"Martlet".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWQUgsC3lKI

Borg Refinery

Missiles
They don't sound very accurate

Did you hear about the old intercontinental ballistic missile that couldn't get hard...
He had projectile dysfunction.

A conspiracy theorist dies and goes to heaven...
When he arrives at the Pearly Gates, God is there to receive him. "Welcome. You are permitted to ask me one question, which I will answer truthfully."

Without hesitating, the conspiracy theorist asks, "Did Bush do 9/11?"

God replies, "Bush did not plan the attacks. 9/11 was perpetrated by Al-Qaeda and orchestrated by Osama Bin Laden. No bombs were planted in the Twin Towers, and no missiles hit the Pentagon. The U.S. government had no foreknowledge of the attacks whatsoever."

The conspiracy theorist thinks to himself, *this goes higher up than I thought...*
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Baff on December 13, 2020, 12:26:25 PM
I feel the same.
They haven't put themselves in this situation, but they sure as shit have aggravated it as much as they possibly could.

Maybe we can test out the new targeting pod upgrades on our Typhoons and start blowing up Irish fishing boats too? What do you think? Storm Shadows or AAAW's? We don't barfing aborted attempts at it, feckin full on attack mode!
+++

Sheepy

Don't send in the gun boats sheep brain, I am sending in the gun boats, while there is still anything left worth sending them in for. Complete with armed Marines if need be.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Baff

Quote from: T00ts on December 13, 2020, 12:17:26 PM
Once again it was announced that Ireland would suffer most with no deal. No wonder Gerry has been jumping up and down hysterically. I do feel sorry for them in some ways but they haven't helped themselves.

I feel the same.
They haven't put themselves in this situation, but they sure as shit have aggravated it as much as they possibly could.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 12:13:03 PM
Why indeed!  @GerryT tells us that EVERYTHING the EU does is agreed and decided harmoniously. Surely those Frenchies are not going to kick off 😂.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on December 13, 2020, 01:09:11 AMWhy do I need gunboats, you might well ask.
Because every delay, is just another assault.

Why indeed!  @GerryT tells us that EVERYTHING the EU does is agreed and decided harmoniously. Surely those Frenchies are not going to kick off 😂.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baff

Quote from: HDQQ on December 12, 2020, 03:16:39 PM
It's a very silly move because it will antagonise our former partners in the EU and if the gunboats are deployed, you can bet your last plummeting pound that there will be retaliation and the North Sea and Channel will be awash with gunboats of various nationalities.

Remember that a French minister, speaking out-of-turn, said British people would need to obtain visas in person from the French embassy after Brexit - which wasn't true - but it could become true.

Let it.
With friends like this, who needs enemies?

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on December 12, 2020, 09:52:04 PM
It doesn't have to be fish! As I'm write this reply, we're getting 2 gigawatts of electricity from France, which is 6% of our current demand. Electricity in France is generated by EDF (Électricité de France) which is mainly owned by the French government and is also a major player in the UK electricity industry and happens to be the world's largest electricity provider. Need I say more?

aye you should say more.

You should say more regarding the madness of foreigners running essential services in your country like energy , as cromwell has said in his post. I say your country as england is the one that has the major problem with energy supply , specifically the midlands south where the  majority population lives.

Scotland more than produces enough energy to supply our population  , and has more then enough left over to export. For example in the first quarter of last year we supplied england with the equivalent output  of five large nuclear power stations worth of energy.

The problem as cromwell has alluded to is the self defeating energy policies of uk governments , both labour and tory going back years , which is why englands energy supply is in the state its in.

Relying on EDF energy isnt a reason to stay in the eu , it should be a catalyst for your government to produce a sustainable reliable energy policy and then stop the talking and act on it , making england self sufficient and not relying on foreign companies.

Im surprised at you quack quack. We dont often agree on many things , but i am a keen supporter of home grown renewable energy as  i thought you are , but it seems as ever your morals get thrown right out the window when it comes to putting the boot into your own country and finding an eu stick to beat brexiters with.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!