Gunboats you say? I do indeed

Started by Sheepy, December 12, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:12:32 AM

Because by an even bigger margin (59-41), the people of England are also willing – on those numbers one might go so far as to say "eager" – to dump Northern Ireland if it gets them out of the European Union.

If it was a choice of dump NI or stay in the EU, I would dump NI.
(My goal is not to force people out of the EU who wish to remain. It is simply to get myself out of it. Preferably without moving home).
But if it was the case that NI wished to stay in the UK, I would go to war to defend their right to do so.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 11:35:55 AM
And there you have it. Even with 100% turn out the nationalist couldn't win, great time to hold an election. No Catholics voted, none, nobody. How bad must a state be when one full side of a debate refuse to engage. It just shows how disenfranchised the Catholic community were.

Are you feckin stupid , or are you just trying to further muddy the thread to hide away your ignorance of irelands history and the fool you made of yourself replying to nick.

Northern ireland was specifically created , out of complete spite as we all know , to give unionism a majority.

The british offered them the whole of ulsters 9 counties , which you porbably arent aware of , the unionists said no , we couldnt hold them , as we only have a majority in two counties , half the numbers in two more , so the british said right take them four and add fermanagh and tyrone, nationalsit majority counties  , to give you your base to hold .

So everyone is fully aware that northern ireland was created with a unionist majority , the nationalists a minority , and on top of that disenfrachised.

No one is disagreeing with you so why are you making this point no one contends with?

The fact of the matter is , as nick pointed out , northern ireland was given a chance to vote to stay in the uk , in 1973 , wether the nationalsit minority voted or not , wether they had one vote per man or not , the unionist majorty voted to stay.

Deal with the point , and stop diverting. You were wrong , and as ever ignorant and talkinc cac about ireland.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 10:56:10 AM
Thats OK I have a soft copy. Point stands, no checks in ireland. The checks are between GB and NI

There are no customs checks on the border.
There will be customs checks in NI for agri produce entering the Island of Ireland and for tariffable goods destined for SI (the EU). These tariffs will be collected by the UK on behalf of the EU that sets them. It is beholden on SI to do the same for UK import tariffs crossing the border into NI from the SI (from the EU to the UK).

There are tariffs applicable on trade between the UK and the EU, as I take it you now recognise.
HMRC will very much be making checks on your business.
You will provide the paperwork for your imports and exports and they will spot check you.
No matter where in the UK you are.

They love money.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:03:05 AMDiversionary crap.

Forget civil rights and all the rest , the mechanics are nothing to do with your erronous reply to nicks statement.

One man one vote , full 100 % nationalist turnout and they still wouldnt have won as they didnt have the numbers.

Northern ireland voted no in 1973 to reunification , and what are you talking about anyway? You by your own previous posts on this forum and its predecessor have clearly said you dont want a border poll in the near future!

So what are you talking about?

All you are doing is trying to muddy the water to detract from your own ill informed answer to nick which i picked you up over.

And there you have it. Even with 100% turn out the nationalist couldn't win, great time to hold an election. No Catholics voted, none, nobody. How bad must a state be when one full side of a debate refuse to engage. It just shows how disenfranchised the Catholic community were.

One man, one vote  One man, one vote  One man, one vote.  That was 1968, what happened to those civil rights marchers. They were gunned down, show during a civil rights march. That was 1972, just before the vote. Or are you saying that every man in NI during the 60's had a vote--no he didn't. Was it setup so Catholic votes didn't count-yes it was. With the UK burning people from their homes and shooting people the IRA reappeared after decades of being in the wilderness. But it wasn't all protestants, mostly the large land owners and big property owners. Your average working class protestant was also caught up in the troubles and suffered. The parallels to Brexit is astounding, history repeating itself. The rich elite, Russian friends of Johnson etc reaping the benefits of Brexit while the ordinary man pays for it.
Would you stop Thomas, that vote in 73 was a joke,your talking utter scutter.

cromwell

Really Gerry you don't want to be giving out your personal details on here.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 09:33:08 AM
The UK is not leaving, NI remains. You could say GB is leaving. Theres no UK without NI.

See my previous post regarding teaching you about the 6 counties constitutional part of the kingdom of england.

as for this...
The UK is not leaving, NI remains.

Are you trying to misrepresent me as ever?

I want northern ireland to stay , i argued for both northern ireland and scotland to remain as per their democratic vote.

The point is , as i have told you for a number of years , the 6 counties isnt some achillies heel for the english brexiter you seem to think it is as no one in england , or the wider uk gives a flying feck about the place.

It costs more to retain than eu membership , and churchill famously tried and failed to jettison the place during the second world war.

heres what the english think of norn ireland...

Because by an even bigger margin (59-41), the people of England are also willing – on those numbers one might go so far as to say "eager" – to dump Northern Ireland if it gets them out of the European Union.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 09:30:55 AM
for NI to have a voice you can't have half the community held back at gunpoint, with no vote in a rigged election. The vote doesn't count, it was English justice of the day and belonged in the toilet. You understand the SF approach of abstaining, now you know why.

lies.

Half the northern ireland community werent held back at gunpoint.

First of all , the nationalsit community didnt make up half , and secondly their own side told them not to vote so what are you lying about now?

Doesnt matter if you dont think the vote counts or not , the fact is nick is correct and northern ireland has previouslty had the chance to voice dissent to the uk , and voted overwhelmingly to stay.

....and you dont want northern ireland leaving now , or being given a one man one vote chance to leave the uk as it doesnt suit your anti brexit mantra as we have discussed so you are a hypocrite even trying to slag off the events of 1973

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 09:25:52 AM
Youve dismantled nothing. The NI civil rights movement kicked off in 1969, a couple of yrs before that vote. At that time they fought for "one man one vote" as it was ochestrated so catholics didnt have a vote and business owners or prodestants could have 9, yes 9 votes !!  You also had gerrymandering. That vote was a sham, and only proves my point. GB needs to butt out of NI affairs in relation to any change in reunification status. The troubles started in 1969, if it were a fair vote, one man one vote without gerrymandering then maybe more than 0% of catholics would have voted. They prefered to send bombs over to the UK on the day, your grasping at straws.

Diversionary crap.

Forget civil rights and all the rest , the mechanics are nothing to do with your erronous reply to nicks statement.

One man one vote , full 100 % nationalist turnout and they still wouldnt have won as they didnt have the numbers.

Northern ireland voted no in 1973 to reunification , and what are you talking about anyway? You by your own previous posts on this forum and its predecessor have clearly said you dont want a border poll in the near future!

All you are doing is trying to muddy the water to detract from your own ill informed answer to nick which i picked you up over.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on December 23, 2020, 10:42:57 AM
I suspect that this is the root of all your fantasies.
Your desire for this outcome is clouding your vision.
The UK is doing this, they decided to brexit, they decided for a hard brexit and they decided to agree the WA driving a wedge between NI and the rest of the UK. Other decisions could have been made, but they weren't
UK (the United Kingdom of GB and NI) I'm pointing out a fact, take away NI and you have the United Kingdom of GB and ??. You see it doesn't exist, all that's left is GB.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on December 23, 2020, 10:39:49 AM
Try looking up the Northern Irish Protocol.
I've linked it to you before.
It's not so hard. You won't need anyone to explain it to you.

What's interesting to me is that the Northern Irish have the right to veto the protocol.
And NI farmers are already making noises.
Thats OK I have a soft copy. Point stands, no checks in ireland. The checks are between GB and NI

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 09:33:08 AM
The UK is not leaving, NI remains. You could say GB is leaving. Theres no UK without NI.
I suspect that this is the root of all your fantasies.
Your desire for this outcome is clouding your vision.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 09:37:12 PM
This explains it, as said the border and checks/tariffs are all at a border between NI and GB, at UK ports. Zero checks/tariffs

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/brexit-explainer-what-is-the-latest-deal-on-northern-ireland-about-1.4432140

Try looking up the Northern Irish Protocol.
I've linked it to you before.
It's not so hard. You won't need anyone to explain it to you.

What's interesting to me is that the Northern Irish have the right to veto the protocol.
And NI farmers are already making noises.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 09:09:35 AM
cause you are a sock puppet concern troll who is fooling no one . I have just dismantled two of your posts , so you respond with utter horseshit about your personal family history invented fantasy. Not interested in your diversions.

The uk is leaving the eu , like it or fuckin lump it .

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 09:12:11 AM
irrelevant .Every nationalist could have taken part and they still wouldnt have won as eveyrone know , and i already pointed out previously.

The mechnics of the referndum doesnt matter , the point is you said northern ireland hasnt told you they want to stay part of the uk , and the 1973 referendum shows you are wrong , and more to the point you didnt even know about it and you werent clued up enough to check first without replying to nick.

What a feckin fraud you are gerry.
for NI to have a voice you cant have half the community held back at gunpoint, with no vote in a rigged election. The vote doesn't count, it was English justice of the day and belonged in the toilet. You understand the SF approach of abstaining, now you know why.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 09:09:35 AM
cause you are a sock puppet concern troll who is fooling no one . I have just dismantled two of your posts , so you respond with utter horseshit about your personal family history invented fantasy. Not interested in your diversions.

The uk is leaving the eu , like it or fuckin lump it .
Youve dismantled nothing. The NI civil rights movement kicked off in 1969, a couple of yrs before that vote. At that time they fought for "one man one vote" as it was ochestrated so catholics didnt have a vote and business owners or prodestants could have 9, yes 9 votes !!  You also had gerrymandering. That vote was a sham, and only proves my point. GB needs to butt out of NI affairs in relation to any change in reunification status. The troubles started in 1969, if it were a fair vote, one man one vote without gerrymandering then maybe more than 0% of catholics would have voted. They prefered to send bombs over to the UK on the day, your grasping at straws.