Gunboats you say? I do indeed

Started by Sheepy, December 12, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on December 23, 2020, 11:44:37 AMIf it was a choice of dump NI or stay in the EU, I would dump NI.
(My goal is not to force people out of the EU who wish to remain. It is simply to get myself out of it. Preferably without moving home).
But if it was the case that NI wished to stay in the UK, I would go to war to defend their right to do so.
You don't have a choice that's the point. You have to sit back and wait for the people of NI to decide, if that's in 10 20 or 30 yrs time

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:44:09 AMAre you feckin stupid , or are you just trying to further muddy the thread to hide away your ignorance of irelands history and the fool you made of yourself replying to nick.

Northern ireland was specifically created , out of complete spite as we all know , to give unionism a majority.
No, Scottish and northern farmers were in NI a very long time, NI has always been a strong hold for Protestants, H&W shipbuilding was at a peak, the only strong business in the country. That's why it was held, nothing to do with spite. A vote when nobody on one side shows up hahahahah, you think that's legit ??? a region of the UK where Catholics couldn't get a job, couldn't vote and you think fair play was in place. Stop, your just embarrassing yourself.

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:44:09 AMThe british offered them the whole of ulsters 9 counties , which you porbably arent aware of , the unionists said no , we couldnt hold them , as we only have a majority in two counties , half the numbers in two more , so the british said right take them four and add fermanagh and tyrone, nationalsit majority counties  , to give you your base to hold .

So everyone is fully aware that northern ireland was created with a unionist majority , the nationalists a minority , and on top of that disenfrachised.

No one is disagreeing with you so why are you making this point no one contends with?

The fact of the matter is , as nick pointed out , northern ireland was given a chance to vote to stay in the uk , in 1973 , wether the nationalsit minority voted or not , wether they had one vote per man or not , the unionist majorty voted to stay.

Deal with the point , and stop diverting. You were wrong , and as ever ignorant and talkinc cac about ireland.
I don't accept the 1973 vote as it was only giving one result. Deal with the point. By any measure a decision made via a vote is not legit with such one sided cheating, the UK way. A technicality that Nick wants to say there was a vote, from an Irish perspective it didn't happen. As far as Irish people were concerned until 1998 all of the counties in NI were held by a foreign force and there was a war to try free them. We had a referendum to change our constitution in 1998 and our claim on those counties. SO no any vote in 1973 meant nothing, it wasn't recgonised by the catholic people fighting for freedom. You only see this from one perspective, i'm educating you on the reality.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 02:40:18 PM
Now just deal with Brexit and forget about the people of NI solving your brexit problems. Talk about hypocrite, you want to use NI and risk the peace process just to fix brexit. I much prefer the people of NI to make their own decisions, how am I the hypocrite ?
I don't have any Brexit problems for them to solve.
It's you that seems to have a problem with it.

And its you that keeps weaponising the peace process too.
No one else does. Just the EU supporters. Just you.

Because let's face it, peace isn't what you want.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on December 23, 2020, 11:38:30 AM
There are no customs checks on the border.
There will be customs checks in NI for agri produce entering the Island of Ireland and for tariffable goods destined for SI (the EU). These tariffs will be collected by the UK on behalf of the EU that sets them. It is beholden on SI to do the same for UK import tariffs crossing the border into NI from the SI (from the EU to the UK).
There are customs officials at the ports, they will be inspecting goods travelling to make sure they match the paperwork. That's a customs border by any definition. ALL goods UK to NI, but your correct no tariffs on goods destined for the NI market. That's why there are 15 EU officials overseeing the UK internal customs officers.
The bit in bold is totally wrong, goods travelling for SI to NI are tariff free. NI is remaining in the EU SM/CU. It's only goods travelling from SI to UK through NI that needs checking. The UK customs officials at the NI ports will check for that.
There are Zero checks on the island of Ireland.

Quote from: Baff on December 23, 2020, 11:38:30 AMThere are tariffs applicable on trade between the UK and the EU, as I take it you now recognise.
HMRC will very much be making checks on your business.
You will provide the paperwork for your imports and exports and they will spot check you.
No matter where in the UK you are.

They love money.

Yes Goods coming from GB to Ireland (that's ROI) will see tariffs added, they go to the Irish Govt. And like wise goods going from ROI to GB will incur a UK tariff going to HMRC, Luckily I sell nothing into GB. But goods going ROI to NI and back again are tariff free. You see NI has a very special place now with Brexit. It should attract many multinational FDI companies.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:06:40 AMlies.

Half the northern ireland community werent held back at gunpoint.
Half the population, catholics were been killed by the unionist community backed up by the UK police/army. No lies there

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:06:40 AMFirst of all , the nationalsit community didnt make up half , and secondly their own side told them not to vote so what are you lying about now?
No point in voting in an election rigged, gerrymandering and vote supression, you know, the UK way. The only way to protest was to not vote. Practically Zero catholics voted, its speaks volumes about what was going on.

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:06:40 AMDoesnt matter if you dont think the vote counts or not , the fact is nick is correct and northern ireland has previouslty had the chance to voice dissent to the uk , and voted overwhelmingly to stay.
Of course, only one side shows up and they win, what a victory.

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:06:40 AM....and you dont want northern ireland leaving now , or being given a one man one vote chance to leave the uk as it doesnt suit your anti brexit mantra as we have discussed so you are a hypocrite even trying to slag off the events of 1973
I know your hard of hearing, I said and keep saying NI will, in it's own time decide when it will hold a border poll. That's what was decided in 1998, and again by Johnson in January this yr with the WA & NI protocol. Luckily today it is one man one vote without gerrymandering in NI, they haven't had it very long but it's welcome. Now just deal with Brexit and forget about the people of NI solving your brexit problems. Talk about hypocrite, you want to use NI and risk the peace process just to fix brexit. I much prefer the people of NI to make their own decisions, how am I the hypocrite ?

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 02:15:42 PM
Went out to get some veggies yesterday, was told at the farm shop that there are no Cauliflowers as they are all stuck in France. Went to Tesco and there were hundreds in a big box.

The Ball and Chain just got back from shopping , supermarkets, no problem, all the veg was very cheap. The butchers has  a very long queue, took an hour.  Only thing not available anywhere was brandy snaps.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 09:09:35 AM
cause you are a sock puppet concern troll who is fooling no one . I have just dismantled two of your posts , so you respond with utter horseshit about your personal family history invented fantasy. Not interested in your diversions.

The uk is leaving the eu , like it or feckin lump it .

Mod edit

I am here because I enjoy the craic and only sleep a couple of hours at a time, so I can't really criticise Gerry. But he should start work on his back story. Right now it is not so much that he does not know where Ireland is, as often as not I don't think he knows where he is.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on December 23, 2020, 11:19:56 AM
Really Gerry you don't want to be giving out your personal details on here.
LOL Thomas might think he will find a horse's head in his bed, I guess we're a little more subtle than that, just invite him for a Tango.
just because he is a right mincer with a vicious streak, don't mean nothing once on the dancefloor.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 02:08:41 PM

labour luvvies still our ramping up the fear. Dont forget this come election time.

Went out to get some veggies yesterday, was told at the farm shop that there are no Cauliflowers as they are all stuck in France. Went to Tesco and there were hundreds in a big box.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

QuoteThis media narrative is bollocks according to the supermarkets and supply chain logistics operators

labour luvvies still out ramping up the fear. Dont forget this come election time.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 01:07:21 PM
you miss the point nick. Gerry doesnt want northern ireland having a border poll in the near future  by his own words.

No matter which way polls suggest it would go , the main reason gerry brings northern ireland up is he actually believes somehow it is an achilles heel and will stop england leaving the eu.( or force some BRINO deal on the uk)

Thats how desperate and mental he is!

He's on the inside of Shangri-La, Ireland is miraculously going to find a new market for their ex-UK produce.
The UK is going to dry up and blow away!! He's in heaven. 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 12:11:05 PM
Really!!

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/just-29-in-northern-ireland-would-vote-for-unity-major-study-reveals-38966196.html

you miss the point nick. Gerry doesnt want northern ireland having a border poll in the near future  by his own words.

No matter which way polls suggest it would go , the main reason gerry brings northern ireland up is he actually believes somehow it is an achilles heel and will stop england leaving the eu.( or force some BRINO deal on the uk)

Thats how desperate and mental he is!
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy