Brexit: Is the EU treating the UK differently?

Started by GBNews, December 12, 2020, 01:00:22 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 13, 2020, 01:41:12 PM

I appreciate its much more complicated than this ,

Very much more complicated than that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on December 13, 2020, 12:06:31 PMHow many billions have we continued to pour into their greedy coffers?

Allegedly it's all coming off the £35 billion divorce bill. Should only owe a tenner by now.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 01:13:23 PM
Honestly, hearing about the 4 RN boats makes me have a fit of laughter. I never thought things could descend to such a farce, oh how little I knew.

Especially as they are in docks being refitted and probably not available for months anyway.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 01:01:46 PM
That attitude works both ways British fishermen will be barred from French waters.

well scotland lands 70% or therabouts of the uk seafood , and most dont go anywhere near french waters , and as for the uk as a whole , the french land a bigger percentage/value of their fishing fleet catch in uk waters than the uk does in theirs , so i think if it comes to barring fishermen from each others waters theywill be worse off.

In 2018 , for example , the uk fishermen landed just £17 million worth of seafood in french waters and the french landed £171 million in ours.

I appreciate its much more complicated than this , but again , the uk isnt going to sign away rights and do deals with the eu that infringes on the red lines brexiters didnt like in return for fishing which as borkie and many others say make up such a small part of our economy.

QuoteBritish fish will be banned from France and that means a large number of British fishermen will go bust.

Sure an we import more from france (uk as a whole) than we export so when things start getting banned  , then french wine makers , cheese makers etc etc etc will face similar problems.

Trade works both ways  , everyone wants free trade without an axe hanging over our necks , but if the price of trade is selling our hearts and souls to the eu then feck it.

project fear three isnt going to work anymore successfuly than the others .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 01:01:46 PM
That attitude works both ways British fishermen will be barred from French waters.
British fish will be banned from France and that means a large number of British fishermen will go bust.
Gunboat diplomacy from Bojo-The-Clown is frankly hilarious and made Britain a laughing stock around the World.

Honestly, hearing about the 4 RN boats makes me have a fit of laughter. I never thought things could descend to such a farce, oh how little I knew.

I'm just hoping they sound out the RAF to complement the Navy as I'll get free regular airshows over Hastings which'd be nice. 👍
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 13, 2020, 12:52:56 PM
It's the French that need to be taught the meaning of British waters and sovereignty. That will do for starters.

British fish will be banned from France and that means a large number of British fishermen will go bust.
Gunboat diplomacy from Bojo-The-Clown is frankly hilarious and made Britain a laughing stock around the World.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 12:42:34 PM
Given how few British patrol boats there are, and it is not just Channel they will need to patrol it the 200 miles or the mid point  as well, the likelihood of that happening is I suspect nil. Russian fishing boats also fish inside the 200 mile and mid point limit as well as do many other nations.

It's the French that need to be taught the meaning of British waters and sovereignty. That will do for starters.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 11:59:59 AM
I feel sorry for Brits travelling to France after a few French trawlers have been given the Belgrano treatment.

Given how few British patrol boats there are, and it is not just Channel they will need to patrol it the 200 miles or the mid point  as well, the likelihood of that happening is I suspect nil. Russian fishing boats also fish inside the 200 mile and mid point limit as well as do many other nations.

T00ts

What really bugs me is that I think the situation hasn't changed since before the referendum. Europe never wanted or expected us to leave and ever since have stubbornly relied on their deceit to 'persuade' us to bend to their demands. The most annoying element of all this is that we have continued to pay for all 4+ years on lying promises of a deal. Even now some are muttering about talking 'til the end of the month.

How many billions have we continued to pour into their greedy coffers? They have been stringing us along all this time and we have been stupid enough to fall for it over and over again. Stop it now!

The ill feeling that is now rising in the British will create more problems and the EU need to take the blame.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 13, 2020, 11:27:56 AM
Correct,but Brussels continues to
Like the turkey stuffed by the bastards in Brussels.

I feel sorry for Brits travelling to France after a few French trawlers have been given the Belgrano treatment.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 11:15:46 AM
Demanding is not negotiating. ?
Correct,but Brussels continues to

QuoteWhere did the oven ready deal go Boris
Like the turkey stuffed by the bastards in Brussels.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Demanding is not negotiating. Where did the oven ready deal go Boris?

cromwell

Whichever way you look at this the objective is to punish anyone having the temerity to leave.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GBNews

Brexit: Is the EU treating the UK differently?

With no agreement on a Brexit trade deal, Ros Atkins takes a look at what the UK and EU are demanding.

Source: Brexit: Is the EU treating the UK differently?