Brexit: Is the EU treating the UK differently?

Started by GBNews, December 12, 2020, 01:00:22 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 08:43:39 PM
It varies widely from port to port and area to area.
Where I live over 95% of locally caught fresh fish and live shellfish is exported, there is very little local market for it

still cannae see the problem pappy , or complication to be honest.

In terms of the  where the catch is made , the french fishing fleet is going to be harder hit than ours , and in terms of selling , it looks like scotland  , especially with high value salmon , is going to take the biggest  hit.

Two problem s for you with that being anti brexit and tory , one is scotland had the chance to leave in 2014 , and spurned it , so we are reaping what we have sown , secondly the tories dont really have many mps that count in scotland , so culdnt really give a shit wether scottish fishermen ( who by and large voted brexit) take a hit as its small beer in the uk economy , sturgeon is toothless to do anything like leave the uk becuase of it , and the tories are more interested in placating english brexiters who put them in power.

So whats the problem?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 13, 2020, 08:40:37 PM
yep , doesnt seem to be any issue there , so not sure whats "complicated".

It varies widely from port to port and area to area.
Where I live over 95% of locally caught fresh fish and live shellfish is exported, there is very little local market for it
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 08:38:15 PM
Data for fish imports into Britain.

yep , doesnt seem to be any issue there , so not sure whats "complicated".

papasmurf

papasmurf

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 08:32:09 PM
There is nothing stopping you going to the DeFRA website and downloading the data and reading it for yourself. It is not something easy to copy and paste from.

had a look and i dont know what you are talking about ?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 08:32:09 PM
There is nothing stopping you going to the DeFRA website and downloading the data and reading it for yourself. It is not something easy to copy and paste from.

Is there a link?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 08:24:16 PM
You dig it out.

There is very little point posting dubious material unless you're prepared to back it up when challenged.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 13, 2020, 08:27:39 PM
so thatll be a " Dont know" then to how "complicated " you think things are going to be , and we can dismiss your latest time wasting pointless post with the same vigour as all the rest.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 08:24:16 PM
You dig it out.

so thatll be a " Dont know" then to how "complicated " you think things are going to be , and we can dismiss your latest time wasting pointless post with the same vigour as all the rest.

papasmurf

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 08:09:56 PM
That is online on a government webpage somewhere.)

dig it out and post it then and tell us your point.

over to you?

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 13, 2020, 07:52:57 PM
in what way?

I have some of the information in paper format and it is 104 pages of A3 sized text. Specie catch data from each fishing port and how much is exported from each port.  (I would need all the fish import origin data in value and tonnage as well. That is online on a government webpage somewhere.)

Thomas

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on December 13, 2020, 01:41:12 PMIn 2018 , for example , the uk fishermen landed just £17 million worth of seafood in french waters and the french landed £171 million in ours.

As it says in the link in T00ts post, the Dutch, Belgium's and the French will all be squeezed into the remaining waters. And the Dutch have already been fingered as fishing in excess. Can't wait 😂