The US is getting a little crazier

Started by Sheepy, December 13, 2020, 11:35:20 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: HDQQ on January 07, 2021, 11:14:47 AM
This is why it's important that Trump is removed from office immediately. If that happens, it's symbolic and it could bring some degree of closure and normality before Biden's inauguration.

I'm not so sure it will bring closure to those who are really fired up and have been since the result. I would imagine those in charge of Biden security will be really revved up in future. I noticed that Trump was behind a barrier - presumably bullet proof - when he gave his speech inciting yesterday's mob. Biden could be in real danger. The last thing they need now is martyred Trump.

HDQQ

Quote from: cromwell on January 07, 2021, 07:13:33 AM
What a dickhead, I've said for a while the US is like an asylum and now trump has let rip the most dangerous inmates.

The crazy git wants jail time,I cannot see the US military backing any martial law attempt,he's got no class and his legacy will be what?

This damages the US greatly and China,Russia and all the other bastions of democracy must be loving this.

This is why it's important that Trump is removed from office immediately. If that happens, it's symbolic and it could bring some degree of closure and normality before Biden's inauguration.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 07, 2021, 10:00:40 AM
The problem being . Job done , trust in their democracy wrecked. Insane or otherwise.

Says it all:-

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 07, 2021, 09:56:08 AM
Trump finally agrees to the peaceful orderly transfer of power! I wonder what threats have been made to achieve this, I can't imagine it was his decision alone. There have to be concerns as to his mental state surely.

The problem being . Job done , trust in their democracy wrecked. Insane or otherwise.

T00ts

Trump finally agrees to the peaceful orderly transfer of power! I wonder what threats have been made to achieve this, I can't imagine it was his decision alone. There have to be concerns as to his mental state surely.

Good old

Always felt this man would lead the US into a pile of shit, of one form or another. It does however go beyond something that can be stepped out of easily.
This is a case of a president driving the biggest stake into the heart of US democracy, any of its enemies could ever have dreamed of doing. He has told a huge percentage of Americans your democracy is of no use to you.  That will reflect in the thinking of all Americans to one degree or another. And it will not go away in a hurry. There is only a fag paper between ,Republican, Democrats , most times.  So what will the next election bring? That's if they get there after this display.

T00ts

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 10:38:50 PM
Not Trump but the local Mayor.

I was sure the reporter said it was the Mayor but apparently it was Pence who ordered the National Guard out.

cromwell

What a dickhead, I've said for a while the US is like an asylum and now trump has let rip the most dangerous inmates.

The crazy git wants jail time,I cannot see the US military backing any martial law attempt,he's got no class and his legacy will be what?

This damages the US greatly and China,Russia and all the other bastions of democracy must be loving this.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 10:38:50 PM

Oh bugger, I was hopping for a bit of humour at the end. I have just come back from an American site where I pointed out that when the protestors carried the Confederate flag up the Capitol steps it had gotten a lot closer to Washington than Robert E Lee.

You would have thought that I had pissed in the sink. Good folk the Yanks, but they are taking Trump's leaving do very seriously.
Algerie Francais !

Sampanviking

Its a glorious sight seeing these brave Pro Democracy Protestors storm the bastion of the illegitimate US Regime  Dancing :D

HDQQ

There's now chatter of invoking the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. Even with only 2 weeks of official term left, it would be very important symbolically to remove Trump immediately, before he nukes someone.

Could it just be that the senators and representatives who had removed to a safe haven somewhere in the Capitol building, have managed to carry on the proceedings?

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

One guy shouted at the Feds "I know my rights", whilst standing in the hallways of congress after illegally entering!! You couldn't make it up 😆
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on January 06, 2021, 10:10:53 PM
Apparently Trump has called in the National Guard to handle the protests, which means he will end up clubbing his own supporters.

Strange business.

Barry

Trump says on Twitter it's a fraudulent result, we've been screwed, but time to go home.
Biden won. Suck it up.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 06, 2021, 09:16:12 PM
Trump was certainly stirring it earlier but seems to have calmed a bit maybe realising its not going to end well .

Apparently Trump has called in the National Guard to handle the protests, which means he will end up clubbing his own supporters.

Strange business.
Algerie Francais !