The US is getting a little crazier

Started by Sheepy, December 13, 2020, 11:35:20 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 08, 2021, 06:46:32 PM
Priceless ,Trump has turned on the very people he wound up to behave the way they did calling them lawless and they will be made to pay.

Only because he was under pressure with threats of legal action. Even then he apparently deviated from script. There are now reports of him planning to pardon all his family including himself and others before the 20th. It'll make a great movie!

cromwell

Priceless ,Trump has turned on the very people he wound up to behave the way they did calling them lawless and they will be made to pay.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

The Trumpsters have their own George Floyd now, in this case a quite attractive and still fairly young woman from San Diego. She was a Vet with 14 years service in the USAF and had served 4 combat tours in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Footage of the Incident is here
https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1347076676342185984

One single kill shot. You would have thought a warning shot may have been given first and then again you would have thought that these tough protection officers could have managed one woman, but there you go.
It came close to generating what the yanks call "Blue on Blue" with Protection Officers and Swat Police briefly pointing guns at each other.

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on January 08, 2021, 11:11:36 AM
Let's face it Ollie. Gaga Joe is going to spend the next four years in the Oval Office being dead. Whatever happens, we are looking at quiet times and this wager is going to be about the only excitement we get.
Angry people from all over Borsetshire, including Ambridge, Penny Hassett and a huge contingent from Felpersham are currently converging on the county council offices in Borchester demanding that the county council is abolished and the district councils become unitary authorities. In a desperate race against time, BBC researchers are trying to determine whether or not anything is known about the district councils of Borsetshire. Why is this not being covered in the media?

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 08, 2021, 08:34:22 AM
Ermm that's great Borky,but that was the wager that I wanted with good old ......that neither of the fools will make it banana republic mk2 :-\

Let's face it Ollie. Gaga Joe is going to spend the next four years in the Oval Office being dead. Whatever happens, we are looking at quiet times and this wager is going to be about the only excitement we get.

Mod edit Crom
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 08, 2021, 08:34:22 AM
Ermm that's great Borky,but that was the wager that I wanted with good old ......that neither of the fools will make it banana republic mk2 :-\

Slightly odd example of a consensus of opinion. Still it makes a change . :D

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM
Ok Ollie, I will take you up on it. I am not saying that the Trumps won't have a go, but I can't see either of them making it as president in 2024.

:)

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 08, 2021, 12:13:27 AM
Why thank you Baz,just what I needed to cheer me up  >:(

Anyway Borky it was £20

Ok Ollie, I will take you up on it. I am not saying that the Trumps won't have a go, but I can't see either of them making it as president in 2024.

:)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on January 07, 2021, 11:05:56 PM
Some of us are getting a bit long in the tooth, might never collect on this sort of wager!
Why thank you Baz,just what I needed to cheer me up  >:(

Anyway Borky it was £20

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on January 07, 2021, 10:42:00 PM
How much?
Some of us are getting a bit long in the tooth, might never collect on this sort of wager!
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 07, 2021, 06:41:22 PM
Well I had a wager with a poster (proceeds to charity) that Trump wouldn't go to war and he didn't,you care to take one that neither trump or his looney son will be president next time round?

How much?
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

Someone made the point on TV that 74 million Americans voted for Trump. But that was: . . .
a) before the absurd aftermath of the election and
b) because they were Republican voters and he was the Republican candidate.

After all, a lot of people regarded still Jimmy Savile as a "national treasure" and a harmless eccentric until the days before the truth about him began to emerge.

But those who shout loudest and intimidate the most often get their way for a while, so if a few thousand hardcore nutters could make things very scary.

If Trump is removed from office immediately, he'd have a lot less power and influence as a 'fake president' based at Trump Tower than as a real president on the lawn at the White House.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 07, 2021, 07:59:55 PM
With their history ,in these matters , so do I.   The gun has always been the great solution to many an argument in that place, and still is .

Allegedly Trump is flying into Prestwick airport on the 17th of January, ( if Nicola Sturgeon lets him in.) That would be a security nightmare.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on January 07, 2021, 07:29:33 PM
I just hope both Biden and Trump have adequate security.

With their history ,in these matters , so do I.   The gun has always been the great solution to many an argument in that place, and still is .

papasmurf

I just hope both Biden and Trump have adequate security.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe