Circles - what a great idea

Started by T00ts, December 14, 2020, 02:59:30 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on December 15, 2020, 06:18:27 PM

I think there should be a degree in being a pub professor.  :P :P :P :P

I think being a pub professor should be a criminal offence.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on December 15, 2020, 10:39:43 AM
A planeload of chavs on their way to Benidorm would not be impressed with that. Might spill their Cherry Bs or upset their extra curricular activities in the conveniences.

As you've done all that, I'll trust your words . .. ::) Plus, knowing ryanair, it wouldn't surprise me if they did a cheaper upside down flight .... as for oily scrotes, there is more than enough oil on here to fuel a whole 737 max.   ;D

The plane idea would be alright if we had listened to Bojo and had herd immunity and listened, that's what the folks at UFO observatory llandudno tell me, they're also saying they want to perform experiments on the piles of the garden gnome and on livestock and swans... all this via my tinfoil helmet. Ah cannae wait to hear more!

I think there should be a degree in being a pub professor.  :P :P :P :P
+++

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 15, 2020, 04:56:14 PM
You're too tough for that, Toots  ;)

Not at all! I'm also a bit of an actress when required! I can go from tough to dewy in a flash - or so I'm told!   :-*

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 03:28:21 PMA girl could really get upset, cry buckets and scweam and scweam until she is sick!     

You're too tough for that, Toots  ;)

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 15, 2020, 03:19:57 PM
This is what happens when you let girls mess about with technical stuff.

:D :D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D But you admit we have our uses? Was it you complaining that the forum was dull and boring the other day? Here I am trying to challenge you all and cheer you up and all I get is misogynist put downs. A girl could really get upset, cry buckets and scweam and scweam until she is sick!   :'( :'( :'(

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 15, 2020, 03:19:57 PM

I assume you have not heard of Berta Benz:-

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/classic/bertha-benz/

DeppityDawg

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 02:38:48 PM
VTOL is more likely i think.

That's not fair - what is VTOL? You're just trying to blind side me! Ahhhhh Vertical Takeoff/Landing?

Nick

Quote from: Barry on December 15, 2020, 02:24:08 PM
Not everything can be done in ballet moves, T00ts.
Galileo discovered this thing called inertia and it means that if something is stopped it wants to stay stopped. If something is moving it wants to carry on moving in a straight line. Landing aircraft on a curved runway fights against physics and adds an unnecessary level of danger to an already very dangerous manoeuvre.
However, it's been a fun thread, maybe should have been elliptical to cater for the eccentric idea!

VTOL is more likely i think.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 12:00:15 PM
@Barry @Nick  A year ago would any of you have dreamed that science would discover not only a Covid vaccine within a year but via a completely new method? Wouldn't a regular flyer be the last to know of this sort of innovation? Anyway it hasn't got out of the lab yet.

I can see great benefits if this could be done. Not in my lifetime perhaps but wouldn't airports be so much more aesthetically pleasing  plus a possible reduction in land use? They already descend in circles waiting their turn. Vertical take-off and landing would be even better. Not that many years ago men used to walk in front of cars with red flags! Nothing is impossible.
Not everything can be done in ballet moves, T00ts.
Galileo discovered this thing called inertia and it means that if something is stopped it wants to stay stopped. If something is moving it wants to carry on moving in a straight line. Landing aircraft on a curved runway fights against physics and adds an unnecessary level of danger to an already very dangerous manoeuvre.
However, it's been a fun thread, maybe should have been elliptical to cater for the eccentric idea!
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 12:23:08 PM
Probably, but I work at airports and only fly to get to the airport.

Fortunately I am banned flying for medical reasons.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 12:10:11 PM
Try striking a match on jelly.

;D ;D ;D I deserve that... but you never know in the future! 

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 12:00:15 PMWouldn't a regular flyer be the last to know of this sort of innovation?

Probably, but I work at airports and only fly to get to the airport.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

T00ts

@Barry @Nick  A year ago would any of you have dreamed that science would discover not only a Covid vaccine within a year but via a completely new method? Wouldn't a regular flyer be the last to know of this sort of innovation? Anyway it hasn't got out of the lab yet.

I can see great benefits if this could be done. Not in my lifetime perhaps but wouldn't airports be so much more aesthetically pleasing  plus a possible reduction in land use? They already descend in circles waiting their turn. Vertical take-off and landing would be even better. Not that many years ago men used to walk in front of cars with red flags! Nothing is impossible.