New variant' of coronavirus identified

Started by papasmurf, December 14, 2020, 05:19:12 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on December 14, 2020, 06:36:29 PMand the govt tried so hard in pushing the failed herd immunity strategy
It didn't fail. It wasn't allowed to continue.
It was a sound strategy.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on December 14, 2020, 06:18:07 PM
Nothing new,it's what viruses often do.....mutate which is why they have to do a best guess innoculation.

Well. we are told the virus is innocuous then we are told it's not, not sure which to believe, best to consult the daily express for further instruction? We need to be sure, and we don't want to end up with some crummy virus which is all well and good until it kills you. And it doesn't matter what handicap you suffer from, it could kill anyone if they suffer from the great stupidity of demanding their govt solve it for them when clearly they have done anything but -- other than for people threatening all manner of court actions and such as was the case in this country - and the govt tried so hard in pushing the failed herd immunity strategy which was refuted very early on.

As in Belarus, the way this virus has been suppressed is by the hard work, sometimes against the advice of the government, of ordinary people to try and suppress it. In Belaru,s they faced being arrested and fought back against the govt which openly pushed herd immunity, you know, the sheep were just not going along with it over there which is good. I respect the Byelorussians for that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/belarus-crowdfunds-to-fight-coronavirus-as-leader-denies-it-exists

Our govt would've been like that if they could've gotten away with it.
+++

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2020, 05:45:40 PM
History of pandemics.

Nothing new,it's what viruses often do.....mutate which is why they have to do a best guess innoculation.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2020, 05:19:12 PM
That took longer than I expected:-

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55308211

'New variant' of coronavirus identified - Hancock
Published2 minutes ago

A new variant of coronavirus has been found which is growing faster in some parts of England, MPs have been told.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said at least 60 different local authorities had recorded Covid infections caused by the new variant.

He said the World Health Organization had been notified and UK scientists were doing detailed studies.

He said there was "nothing to suggest" it caused worse disease or that vaccines would no longer work.

How do you mean Professor Smurf?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

That took longer than I expected:-

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55308211

'New variant' of coronavirus identified - Hancock
Published2 minutes ago

A new variant of coronavirus has been found which is growing faster in some parts of England, MPs have been told.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said at least 60 different local authorities had recorded Covid infections caused by the new variant.

He said the World Health Organization had been notified and UK scientists were doing detailed studies.

He said there was "nothing to suggest" it caused worse disease or that vaccines would no longer work.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe