Music thread

Started by cromwell, December 14, 2020, 10:32:26 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on May 06, 2022, 03:25:32 PM
I was in a cage suspended in mid air with very little space so it wasn't so much a routine as a free style and very limited. I like to think it was refined ....

Well, at least we can say the members here have a wealth of experience ....

Cage dancing !! Whatever next....

Well Actually ....

A few days ago Sky Arts ran what must be a fairly old performance of a Michael Flatley Lord Of The Dance show with the extra title "dangerous games". Half way through an all female lineup had their costumes ripped off and they continued in their underwear.

Sadly the only preview on YouTube only shows about five seconds of that part of the show. 

I am forced to admit I hardly noticed. I was still watching the footwork ....

I blame my grand daughter 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

morayloon

Thought this would go down well given that Wimbledon is ongoing
 https://youtu.be/HCvdvLpU3lk

Streetwalker

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 06, 2022, 03:25:32 PM
Oh yes now that is so much better. It reminds me of a dance routine I did at a gig to this, when a young strip of a girl who knew no better. I was in a cage suspended in mid air with very little space so it wasn't so much a routine as a free style and very limited. I like to think it was refined but thinking back the chances are that those watching from below thought then pretty much what guys looking at the previous Vid on here were. Sad world!
Its a great world Toots , we all just want to have fun (few perverts about granted but dont let them spoil the  party )

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 06, 2022, 02:48:19 PM
Maybe this is a bit more your liking Toots .  Remembering the great Gary Brooker who we lost a couple of months back .

Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, live in Denmark 2006 - YouTube
Oh yes now that is so much better. It reminds me of a dance routine I did at a gig to this, when a young strip of a girl who knew no better. I was in a cage suspended in mid air with very little space so it wasn't so much a routine as a free style and very limited. I like to think it was refined but thinking back the chances are that those watching from below thought then pretty much what guys looking at the previous Vid on here were. Sad world!

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 06, 2022, 02:05:41 PM
Oh dear!
Maybe this is a bit more your liking Toots .  Remembering the great Gary Brooker who we lost a couple of months back . 

Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, live in Denmark 2006 - YouTube

Streetwalker

morayloon

Judas Priest 'Metal Gods'. Because it is a great song and a metal classic

https://youtu.be/y380pPnd0Go

johnofgwent

That's the right group, but the wrong song I think.

I will try looking harder now I'm home with the full PC. Trying to squint atva phone screen in a bar half way through a performance isn't the easiest of things to do !!

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Toots, please look away. 

The rest of you, I need some help 

I seek the filthier lyrics for a blues number titled 

"If I catch you doing again what you did last night, I'll put you back in jail"

Rumoured to have been sung by a group.of seriously dodgy provenance called the Asylum Street Spankers, yes really, who disbanded in 2011 (probably after singing this at a live concert) 

A sample verse went like this (to a reasonable approximation of Richard Stilgoes Starlight Express blues rules explanation (look it up .I'm too tired to explain)

"if I catch you doing again what you did last night
I'll put you back in jail

Yeah If I catch you doing again what you did last night I'll put you back in jail

Well There were two necrophiliacs lying in bed...

Each one wishing the other was dead

Oh if I catch you ....."

And do on.

I promised the guy who sang that in a private blues club evening I'd have a damn fine go at finding it on YouTube and if it wasn't there, PUTTING it there myself (don't make promises when pissed, it never goes well) and damn and blast I've lost the words he penned for me to sing....

Sheepy

A Christmas Twist - Si Cranstoun - YouTube

Get you by waiting for Christmas day Mary whitehouse. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!